Feb 07, 2019, 01:45 PM

Taranis Radio Programming for Night Radian LED RC Switch

Taranis Radio Programming for Night Radian LED RC Switch (3 min 23 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2019, 05:46 PM
I have programmed the AR636 receiver to put Gear to port 5 and AUX1 to port 6. Now I am confused because I think my DX8 controls the safe on/off on Gear. How do I set up my DX8 to put two unused switches on ports 5 and 6 and still allow the control of SAFE on/off?
Feb 24, 2019, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info video input Dave.
Not here very often lately.
Anyone needing to contact me about the
RLC module can do so through our website.

https://www.laserbeelpm.com/contact.html

We monitor that contact page all day.

Jerry
Feb 28, 2019, 09:26 AM
Terry Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamiot
I have programmed the AR636 receiver to put Gear to port 5 and AUX1 to port 6. Now I am confused because I think my DX8 controls the safe on/off on Gear. How do I set up my DX8 to put two unused switches on ports 5 and 6 and still allow the control of SAFE on/off?
The 'switch select' screen will allow you to assign which physical switch controls a given function. You can even assign the bind switch, which should work well for 'Gear' with the light controller.
May 28, 2019, 11:29 PM
Go fly a jet today
I Just ordered one and will add the RLC module to it.
Last edited by CARS II; May 28, 2019 at 11:57 PM.
Jul 05, 2019, 10:30 AM
I picked up a night radian

The lights didn’t work when plugged in. Turns out it is what I assume to be the BEC (what you plug the lipo into before the controller with the buttons)

Can someone tell me what the output voltage from the BEC/regulator is? The voltage going into the controller with the buttons.

Is it 5v or do the lights run off 12v like normal LED strips?
Last edited by FlattyFlier; Jul 10, 2019 at 04:35 PM.
Jul 05, 2019, 04:43 PM
It's 5 volts which is what the LED strips use.
Jul 09, 2019, 03:46 PM
Flying with a "higher power"
Has anyone measured the amp draw on the Night Radian Light system when it is the brightest?
My guess is that the amp draw is well below 1 amp?

Any thoughts.

I am installing on my Parkzone KA-8 and figure that I can run the lights for quite a while on a 3s 450 mAh Lipo.
Jul 10, 2019, 11:15 AM
Flying with a "higher power"
Got a PM and it draws up to 2 amps on the brightest settings. The KA-8 looked great from very far away.
Mar 04, 2020, 08:12 PM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_man
FYI - If you're adding one of these controllers to a BNF version of the Night Radian, you'll have to make a slight tweak to the AR636A receiver. Out of the box, channels 4-6 are inactive. It's pretty easy to activate them using one of the Spektrum programming cables (USB or Bluetooth) and the Spektrum programming app. I configured GEAR to port 5 and AUX1 to port 6. On my iX12 transmitter, I configured GEAR to the momentary switch "I", and AUX1 to 3-position switch "D". Channel 1 of the RLC is plugged into GEAR/Ch5 of the receiver and channel 2 is plugged into AUX1/Ch6.

Even before installing the RLC, I had removed the mechanical on/off switch from the LED system...it seemed redundant. My RLC is connected to the stock switchboard with short wires and the 2 PCBs are joined back-to-back with foam tape. A single piece of heatshrink tubing insulates them. To make the footprint of the RLC a little smaller, I removed the servo pins and soldered the leads directly to the PCB. I have the boards mounted to the plastic bulkhead behind the motor.

Terry
where can I find info on “how to” activate chennels 4-6? I have the switch hooked up but now see 4-6 inactive
Mar 05, 2020, 12:18 AM
If it flies - I want one!
As Mopar_man says, you need the programming cable and the Spektrum Programmer app to re-program the receiver.
Strikes me as a particularly silly and troublesome idea to shut down three channels of a perfectly good six-channel receiver - what were they thinking?
Cheers,
PeteM
Mar 05, 2020, 09:36 AM
Outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petem
As Mopar_man says, you need the programming cable and the Spektrum Programmer app to re-program the receiver.
Strikes me as a particularly silly and troublesome idea to shut down three channels of a perfectly good six-channel receiver - what were they thinking?
Cheers,
PeteM
thanks, I ordered the bluetooth item and have the app, just wondering if someone did a writeup in case it is not intuitively obvious
Mar 11, 2020, 11:30 PM
Terry, can you tell me how to program my DX18 to make together RLS switch work, I am having trouble getting it to work! Thanks, Tim Tyker
Apr 26, 2020, 12:26 AM
Has anyone here successfully reprogrammed the stock BNF Spektrum receiver two work with this JBE light controller? My wiring is done,IX12 has been programmed and the port assignments have been redone in the receiver...Lights come on when plugged in but I do not have any commands from my radio for the lights...
Yesterday, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManAndMachine
Has anyone here successfully reprogrammed the stock BNF Spektrum receiver two work with this JBE light controller? My wiring is done,IX12 has been programmed and the port assignments have been redone in the receiver...Lights come on when plugged in but I do not have any commands from my radio for the lights...
Get a wingnut light controller. Much better and no soldering! Plug and play. Wingnuttech.com

Quick Reply