Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Top 5 Tiny Whoop Class Drones

Check out our top 5 micro drones for indoor flying this season. Get your whoop on!

Splash

Indoor Flying Wishlist

Just like in Game of Thrones, winter is coming and that means it is Tiny Whoop season. I recently broke my old Inductrix FPV + and instead of buying new parts, I decided to get a new drone altogether. Technology has advanced and there are some really great products out there right now. I wanted to highlight the top 5 micro drones that you might be interested in for the indoor season and I'll let you know which one I went with at the end of the article. The below products are not listed in any particular order.

1. Blade Inductrix FPV +

I had one of these for a number of years and it's a great product for a brushed motor BNF drone for spektrum radio owners. It has 3 flight modes, but only 2 are really usable. Acro mode is just not that good at all, so if you are into acro flying, this is not the drone for you. The two angle modes work great though and one even has altitude hold built in, which makes the Inductrix FPV + an amazing drone for training new pilots with. It's so easy to fly I was able to teach young 5 and 6 year olds how to fly it within minutes. Yes, it's older, but it gets long flight times on the 500mAH 1S lipo and Horizon has a crazy outlet price on it right now at just $59! I paid $100 more than that back when I bought mine.

Check out the Blade Inductrix FPV + Here

2. BetaFPV Beta75 Pro

The Beta65 has been a staple for whooping, but the slightly larger Beta75 Pro is a solid choice with 1S brushless power. They fly great with their F4 flight boards and you can tune it to your style. It's tough, powerful and you can get a version that works with just about any radio system you have be it Spektrum, FrSky, FlySky, Futuba, or you can add your own receiver. You can get it on sale right now for $89.99.

Check out the BetaFPV Beta75 Pro Here

3 Happy Model Mobula 7

The Mobula 7 is likely the fastest and most powerful micro drone on the list. With flying performance in mind, it is not the most durable drone and you will break it. If you have the skills already to not crash often, you will be rewarded with addicting power. Yes this is a 2S drone and you really only want to fly on 2S outdoors, but it also works with 1S lipos which is much better for indoor flights. It's nice to be able to fly 1S inside and then take it outside when it warms up and have the kind of punch and power you'd see in larger drones. The Mobula 7 is a great deal at $99.99.

Check out the Happy Model Mobula 7 Here

4. BoldClash BWhoop B06

The B06 from BoldClash is another 1S brushless powered micro drone that looks great. It's a traditional frame style with a sleek canopy design giving it a lower profile than brushed motor whoops. It has plug in motors and receiver options to work with your radio. The price is right on par at $95.99.

Check out the BoldClash BWhoop B06 Here

5. Emax Tinyhawk

The Tinyhawk is a new style micro drone that is taking the whoop market by storm. It has a pusher motor design that makes the whole frame sleek and aerodynamic. This thing is tough too, probably the most durable drone on the list which means you can keep on flying when others are making repairs. It's a 1S brushless power system that is perfect for indoors and can even fly outdoors too, just with less power than similar sized drones on 2S like the Mobula 7. It sells for $99 and if you can't tell by now, this is the one I went with. I've had it about a week now and it has been an absolute blast to fly.

Check out the Emax Tinyhawk Here

Dec 05, 2018, 11:30 AM
Best one for indoors is the UR65 even though i am still testing the Emax tinyhawk,the Mobula7 is really for outdoors this is just my personal opinion.
Dec 05, 2018, 11:52 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Best one for indoors is the UR65 even though i am still testing the Emax tinyhawk,the Mobula7 is really for outdoors this is just my personal opinion.

+1, the UR65 is really great for indoor, because it's easier to move through small passages. I haven't heard much about the B06 lately, judging by the activity on RCG, I'd say the UR/US/UK65 series is much more popular.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Dec 05, 2018, 12:48 PM
I don't have any of the UR65 US65 or UK65 types, but from watching Nick fly the same routes with all of the whoops I like the flight of that bunch the best.
I don't buy drones as disposables unless they are priced so low that replacing motors and battery costs more than the lowest retail price, and it seemed like all the brushless performers quickly showed the need for new versions because of some vital part weakness.
Now, though, if it's down to only the frame, Mo7 and one of the 65's mentioned above look like candidates for me, for indoors and out of doors.
I'm not buying anything that has eggshell frame issues unless a different frame is a known fit.
Is the UR65 better than the US/UK65 for anything other than frame strength? It seems more price difference than the cost of a new frame would justify.
Dec 05, 2018, 12:57 PM
I'm glad the B06 is on the list as IMO it's an awesome performer! The original ones weakness was the motor clips weren't secure enough and would fail. But the current ones have fixed that.

Now before Christmas you're gonna have to probably add the Eachine Trashcan and FullSpeed TinyLeader to the crop of candidates for best whoop.

I wish the UR65 had a bit longer flight time.
Dec 05, 2018, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Happy to hear that!

I ordered one just a few days ago despite all the hype surrounding the emax tiny hawk, us/uk65 (brittle frame) and the mobula. I really, REALLY enjoy my et100 for in-/outdoor garden flying and the mobula just seams to be to speed-hungry for my available daily flying space.
Dec 05, 2018, 01:05 PM
Hmmm..that was before. Now they have UR65 a little lower...
Today's offerings at BG
UR65 Frsky receiver with 3 batteries $$86.99
US/UK65 FrSky Standard Package $89.00

Note that the "3 batteries" deal on the UR65 isn't the Standard package with the 6 way charger
Dec 05, 2018, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcCharly
Happy to hear that!

I ordered one just a few days ago despite all the hype surrounding the emax tiny hawk, us/uk65 (brittle frame) and the mobula. I really, REALLY enjoy my et100 for in-/outdoor garden flying and the mobula just seams to be to speed-hungry for my available daily flying space.
Only have one battery for the tinyhawk atm so it's hard to get it flying the way i want,got some tuning and mods for it so far i have it flying pretty good indoors.
I might post a indoor flight soon since that's all i can do because of the weather.
If you need any hints and tips on the UR65 check my YT channel out.
Dec 05, 2018, 01:10 PM
I am a fairly experienced pilot...I went with the Mobula7 and don't regret it! I've had it about a week. I have killed all four batteries it came with. I bought the standard package with the four lipos and the charger. I am almost certain the charger is to blame. I have bought more batteries and a new charger.

The quad itself is great. I love flying indoors on 1s and 2s is quite fun outdoors in small areas. I believe it is the best option for someone like me. I still crash a decent amount and so far the frame is still in tact. I bought two spares though! The Trashcan looks promising though!
Dec 05, 2018, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brquad
I am a fairly experienced pilot...I went with the Mobula7 and don't regret it! I've had it about a week. I have killed all four batteries it came with. I bought the standard package with the four lipos and the charger. I am almost certain the charger is to blame. I have bought more batteries and a new charger.

The quad itself is great. I love flying indoors on 1s and 2s is quite fun outdoors in small areas. I believe it is the best option for someone like me. I still crash a decent amount and so far the frame is still in tact. I bought two spares though! The Trashcan looks promising though!
Always best with a hobby grade charger but don't forget these HV batteries never last long,I modded my Mobula7 onto the betafpv 75mm V2 frame for a 2s battery only!..........looking forward to checking out the trashcan.
Dec 05, 2018, 01:37 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Quote:
Best one for indoors is the UR65 ...
Mine UR65 (similar to UK65 [witch motor also lost it wire on first battery]) broke on second battery after 1 min of flight motor just lost its wire inside of the motor... no hard turns or crashes, waiting for replacement motor, but for now tinyhawk is the winner.

motor without bearings why do they exists...
Dec 05, 2018, 02:09 PM
How's the flight time on these? I've been eyeing the BetaFPV 75s since it apparently gets about 5min/pack, which I like the sound of.
Dec 05, 2018, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frimen
Mine UR65 (similar to UK65 [witch motor also lost it wire on first battery]) broke on second battery after 1 min of flight motor just lost its wire inside of the motor... no hard turns or crashes, waiting for replacement motor, but for now tinyhawk is the winner.

You have had bad luck imo,unlike mine well the video says it all..........do you have the tinyhawk?

UR65 After Five Months Still A Little Gem! (5 min 32 sec)
Last edited by Merch; Dec 05, 2018 at 02:28 PM.
Dec 05, 2018, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Which quads from the list do have bearingless motors? Thanks!
Dec 05, 2018, 03:31 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:

That's unfortunate, most get more fun from their UR65. Is that the reason for posting so many links, to get extra income to pay for the broken motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball
Which quads from the list do have bearingless motors? Thanks!
I think he refers to ball bearings. Most tiny brushless motors come with self lubricating bushings, simple because it's easier to get these to run smoothly, than super tiny ball bearings. I remember some small Sunnysky motors being available with bushing and ball bearings, and the ones with the ball bearings making more noise than the version with the bushings.

Either this, or some genius designed a motor with levitating axle, and zero friction, which would be very cool, but highly unlikely.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply