Dec 12, 2018, 06:34 PM
Trying To Takeoff
3D Romeo, I have Futaba T9C + Spektrum module and regular Inductrix FPV. It won't connect or bind if powered on closer than 2-3 meters.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2018, 09:05 PM
people who fly 2s indoors

live in mansions with huge vaulted ceilings

otherwise i dunno how you guys do it, mine made holes into the 2nd story
Dec 13, 2018, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salat
3D Romeo, I have Futaba T9C + Spektrum module and regular Inductrix FPV. It won't connect or bind if powered on closer than 2-3 meters.
salat,

Thanks for the tip. But I don't have any problem binding my Inductrix FPV+ to the 9C, switching between the 3 flight modes, shutting down the motors, or flipping her over using the MEOW function. The main problem I'm having is after the receiver connects to the transmitter, the motors spin up, but the throttle usually has no effect. The only way I've consistently got the throttle to start working is to go into the settings, and switch the throttle from reverse to normal, and then back to reverse again. The problem with doing this is that the motors spin up to full throttle when switched to normal. The first time I did this one of the props spun off the shaft of one of the motors, and I can't imagine it being that good for the motors either. Funny thing is, after doing this the throttle seems to work fine, and I can fly it around without any problems until the battery dies. I tried playing around with the throttles endpoints and trim settings. But nothing I did got it to work consistently. I've read in some forums that some have diagnosed what is going on between the controller and the transmitter using a program called "Betaflight". So I'm looking into that. Hopefully I can solve this problem. Because I've enjoyed flying it when it's working. If that doesn't help I may just have to wait for a good sale on one of the newer Spektrum radios. I'd love to get a DX9, but could realistically get by with just a DX6.
Last edited by 3D Romeo; Dec 13, 2018 at 02:43 AM. Reason: typo
Jan 21, 2019, 08:20 PM
URUAV UR65! Why this is not on the list is beyond me. I fly the livin stink out of this thing at my house. When I bought it I also ordered an extra frame for 3 bucks. I haven't needed it and have owned the UR65 since last August. Check out Nick's video. It's not the most powerful but this stinker is light and handles very well. Watch Nick's videos with a 2S on 1S and 2s on 2s inside of other models and they fly heavy. Beta 75 would be better than the ur65 outdoors but I think the ur65 is better indoors and less likely to damage stuff inside.

URUAV UR65 Review - Get one! (20 min 8 sec)

And the Beta 75

BETAFPV 75x Review (15 min 21 sec)
Last edited by TURBOOMNI; Jan 21, 2019 at 08:29 PM.
Jan 21, 2019, 10:21 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Thanks for the addition. There are so many great micros right now it’s amazing!
Jan 21, 2019, 10:30 PM
Thanks Jason I do appreciate it! Mockingbird did a whole setup for the UR65 model.
Last edited by TURBOOMNI; Jan 22, 2019 at 08:16 AM.
Jan 22, 2019, 06:33 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Thanks for the addition. There are so many great micros right now itís amazing!

Indeed, more and more great options. For tight budget and if you have multiprotocol transmitter, the Armor 65 Lite, with Silverware, is hard to beat. Never knew a brushed Tiny Whoop could fly so well.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply