This thread is privately moderated by duece22, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 05, 2018, 10:22 AM
Discussion

GEARBEST 11.11 COuPON SCAM!!! LOOK!

Alert
Gearbest 11.11 coupon scam!!! Look!

At the 11.11 promotion this year at Gearbest I was lucky enough to be a winner of one of the snap-ups for a coupon worth $111.00 off any purchase over $111.11. This coupon came with no restrictions as to what you could purchase. Below is an exact copy of my messages from Gearbest.com. As I was saying, I won the coupon and used it successfully. Then a couple of days later I received this message. This is the message between myself and Gearbest customer service. This is a copy and paste of my geabest message. Please look over this and comment. Especially if it happened to you too. I know that this terribly long and confusing to try to read, but it is worth reading so you can see how Gearbest customer service "responded" to my issue. Also since I moved this thread to this location there are a few comments from other people on the bottom of this as I originally posted it on ""Vender Talk"".

English
FranÁais
EspaŮol
Русский
PortuguÍs
Italiano
Deutsch
日本語
TŁrkÁe
Polish
Sign in

Support Center
My Tickets Contact us FAQ Help Center
Home > Check my tickets > View Details

Tickets
Ticket:
AT181115042069
Order Number:
Message Type:
Mail To Client via SMS
Subject:
Update For Your Recent GearBest Order 18111300970915203592
Dear willaim,

Thank you for your recent order with GearBest. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

This message is with regard to order 18111300970915203592.

Unfortunately, due to an unexpected technical issue, we regret to inform you that there was a error in our system regarding the coupon $111.11-$111.
The coupon in your account was actually wrong . We sincerely apologize for this issue. We will cancel your order and process a full refund back to your original payment account shortly.

-For PayPal account holders, please allow up to 48 hours for the transaction to appear on your PayPal account.
-For credit card refunds, the transaction will appear within 7-14 business days. The exact length of time is dependent on your card issuing bank.

To apologize for this inconvenience we wish to offer you a 10 USD off discount coupon code. The coupon code is your in your account now. You can log in your account to check it.

Valid Until: 2018-11-15 00:00-2018-11-18 00:00

Note: If you placed more than one order with coupon $111.11-$111, there is also only one coupon in your account.

Once again, we wish to extend our apologies to you. You are a valued customer to us and we regret this issue that was unfortunately beyond our control. We will work hard to improve our system and website in the future to ensure this issue does not occur again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Support Center
GearBest Customer Service
https://www.gearbest.com/

Ticket Status:
Waiting for your reply
Full Name:
willaim gandy
Attachment:
willaim gandy At 11/15/2018 11:28:52 CST
I won that coupon fair and square. I tried and tried to get the coupon and I finally did. I was so excited I couldn't believe it. And now your gonna tell me that it was a mistake. That wasn't a mistake. I want my order.
willaim gandy At 11/15/2018 11:40:47 CST
You are stealing from me. This is theft. I want my order.
willaim gandy At 11/15/2018 11:44:32 CST
I have already showed pictures and videos of that quadcopter to my kid showing him what we are getting. This is a big deal to me. I am on a limited income and that coupon meant a lot. I want my order.
willaim gandy At 11/15/2018 11:49:14 CST
A ten dollar coupon huh. You must be joking. I want my original order. You are stealing from me.
willaim gandy At 11/16/2018 12:06:19 CST
what am I supposed to tell my kid. I cant let you do this to me. I want my order. Make it right.

I tried two and three times a day to get that ticket and I finally did. I have got to have that order. I deserve it. I cant let this happen. Make it right.
willaim gandy At 11/16/2018 06:47:36 CST
if you want to give me a refund then you should include the price of the coupon. I see that I already have a refund from paypal. I am going to everyone on RCgroups.com what happened and how you robbed me. Even if it was a mistake youi should have honored it. How many millions or thousands of dollars in savings was it? Bull,
willaim gandy At 11/16/2018 06:53:27 CST
you put that coupon in the expired pile you crooked piece of garbage
willaim gandy At 11/16/2018 07:04:20 CST
I have printed this out already in case you try to change it like you did my coupon. Instead of being the used coupon section it is in the expired section as though I nev3er used it. Do see the date on this. My coupon was good.

If you don't refund me $111.00 or send me my order I going to take action. I have had enough.

Order No: 18111300970915203592

13/11/2018 15:20:19
Detail>

STX225 DIY Version FPV Racing RC Drone Kit
Color
Battleship Gray
Qty
$94.99
$133.17
Flash Sale
Refunded
Contact us

F36 - 31A Mini Transparent ABS Propeller
Color
Colormix
Qty
$2.70

Wireless Gaming Remote Controller
Color
Cerulean
Qty
$9.57

14dBi 5.8G Panel Antenna + 3dBi 2.4G Mast Set
Color
Colormix
Qty
$12.01

Original 44mm Three-blade Propeller
Color
Yellow and Black
Qty
$6.66
$7.40

Dual-use Soldering Iron Set
Color
Dodger Blue
Size
US 110V+28pcs Painting Head+5pcs Tip
Qty
$14.55

0.5 / 0.6 / 0.8 / 1.0MM Rosin Solder Tin Lead Flux Soldering Welding Iron Wire
Color
Bright Orange
Size
1.0mm
Qty
willaim gandy At 11/16/2018 07:06:12 CST
This shows where I used the coupon. Let it be on file that I never asked for refund.

CN-099 Warehouse Order No: 18111300970915203592

13/11/2018 15:20:19

Color
Battleship Gray
Size

Qty
$94.99
$133.17
Flash Sale
Refunded
$44.11
Send/View Message

F36 - 31A Mini Transparent ABS Propeller
Color
Colormix
Size

Qty
$2.70

Wireless Gaming Remote Controller
Color
Cerulean
Size

Qty
$9.57

14dBi 5.8G Panel Antenna + 3dBi 2.4G Mast Set
Color
Colormix
Size

Qty
$12.01

Original 44mm Three-blade Propeller
Color
Yellow and Black
Size

Qty
$6.66
$7.40

Dual-use Soldering Iron Set
Color
Dodger Blue
Size
US 110V+28pcs Painting Head+5pcs Tip
Qty
$14.55

0.5 / 0.6 / 0.8 / 1.0MM Rosin Solder Tin Lead Flux Soldering Welding Iron Wire
Color
Bright Orange
Size
1.0mm
Qty
$3.96
Item Sub-total
$144.44
Insurance
$10.67
Coupon
$111.00
Grand Total
$44.11
willaim gandy At 11/16/2018 07:09:19 CST
You refund me 44.11 without asking me anything. I am going to give you 24 hours to respond and make it right, otherwise everyone on the RC channels is gonna know what you did.
you got 24 hours.
willaim gandy At 11/18/2018 01:29:22 CST
You owe me my order or $111.00. either one is fine
willaim gandy At 11/18/2018 11:01:28 CST
In my messages I receive this? ( referring to " A generous reward is waiting for you") When I click on it, it sends me to facebook letting me know that nobody actually got to use there coupon. Is this what you wanted to let me know? How horrible of you. My receiving the coupon was a mistake? A mistake? Apparently gearbest makes a lot of mistakes.

Operation

A generous reward is waiting for you. Collect it now!
Did you miss the Savings Extravaganza of 11.11? Don't worry, we continue to give $50 Coupons for just $0.01 to the community!
16/11/2018 06:00:00

If you thought letting me know that nobody was able to use the coupon would make me feel better you were very wrong. That makes me even angrier.
willaim gandy At 11/18/2018 11:07:40 CST
This is obviously false advertisement. Then after falsely advertising gearbest lies about the false advertisement saying it was a mistake. wow . If this isn't made right on Tuesday this conversation will be posted on the RC channels. I have given you more than enough time to respond.
Gearbest Customer Support At 11/19/2018 12:07:43 CST
Dear Willaim,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for any inconvenience caused for you.

We again sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the system error.
We take this issue seriously and have fixed the error in the system already.
We can understand you would like to purchase items with discounts.
Please check the 10 USD off discount coupon code as the compensation in your account.
We advise you to get ready for our great Black Friday promotion https://www.gearbest.com/activity-black-friday.html and GearBest wish you good luck here.
Kindly review more details of our terms and conditions here: https://www.gearbest.com/about/terms...onditions.html
Thank you again for your support and understanding.

If any additional problems or further concerns, please feel free to contact us
and we will do our very best to assist you.

Best regards
Nancy.Liu
http://www.gearbest.com/

willaim gandy At 11/19/2018 11:59:32 CST
This matter is not resolved. WOW. You didn't change anything. How could I trust your coupon? You have left me no choice but to take action. And you have lost a customer. This is not how you run a business.
willaim gandy At 11/20/2018 10:03:23 CST
So does gearbest just make it common practice to steal from their customers? I now have two paypal fees with nothing to show for them. One for the purchase and one for the return that didn't want. How does it feel to sit there and read this? Knowing that you are cheating people? I want to know.
willaim gandy At 11/21/2018 03:51:02 CST
Why is gearbest doing this to me? Let me tell you something. When I placed the order with that coupon I thought I had some money freed up so I spent it on other things. Now that the order isn't coming in and or the 111 dollars, I now have a problem. I thought that I had 145 dollars of merchandise coming. but instead I got 44 dollars in its place. Which to say the least has caused a little short term money strain for me.
Ask your boss if this means anything to him\her? Ask them if he/she cares at all about the customer. I would like his\her name and working phone number please. Perhaps a working personal email of one of your bosses.
willaim gandy At 11/22/2018 04:09:35 CST
I am waiting on an answer.
willaim gandy At 11/22/2018 08:16:38 CST
You guys know that this is wrong. I sincerely hope that you guys didn't do this to everyone that took the time to play the snap up .. I spent many days trying to get that coupon. When I got it I told everyone in my house, I was so happy. Told my kid and showed him what I purchased with it. How do I explain this to my kid. That there are people in the world that will steal from you. People that you put your trust in. You guys have my bank card number, do you realize that? I have bought many things from gearbest. I thought this was a reputable company. How would you feel if someone did this to you? Would you try and take them court? I have never sued anyone. I don't know how to go about it. All I want is what is mine. That's not to much to ask.
Gearbest Customer Support At 11/22/2018 01:33:19 CST
Dear willaim,

We are sorry for the inconvenience and delay may cause to you.

Due to an unexpected technical issue, we regret to inform you that there was a setting error in our system regarding the coupon $111.11-$111.
The setting was meant to offer 214 coupons in total for one single user and this is what we did. Unfortunately this setting failed and 593 coupons were wrongly offered.
Only the first 214 customers who took part in this activity were able to use this coupon successfully. For those who havenít been able to use the coupon, we have already offered a solution for compensation.
We have taken major, corrective actions to prevent such issues in the future, and we will strive to continue to offer the very best deals and service to our valued customers.
Gearbest will keep offering promotional activities. So please stay tuned this week for our amazing Black Friday offers.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience to all our customers and we thank you for your understanding and support!

Best regards
Nancy.Liu

willaim gandy At 11/22/2018 10:38:25 CST
I don't believe you and here is why . You said

Only the first 214 customers who took part in this activity were able to use this coupon successfully. For those who havenít been able to use the coupon, we have already offered a solution for compensation.

I WAS ABLE TO USE THE COUPON. I USED IT WITH NO PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM OCCURED AFTER I USED THE COUPON. AFTER I USED THE COUPON..
As I was able to use the coupon like you stated in the above comment and then was refunded 2 days later I would have to say that there is no technical problem. This is problem that has human hands all over it.. According to your above comment those who should not have received a coupon where not able to use it. I on the other hand was able to use my coupon with no problem.

Furthermore: After more than a week of contending with you guys this is the first time gearbest has tried to explain to me what happened. Unfortunately this explanation doesn't hold water. It took you guys a while to come up with a explanation. If that is really what happened why not say that in the first message.

Furthermore as you stated

"""Only the first 214 customers who took part in this activity were able to use this coupon successfully. For those who havenít been able to use the coupon, we have already offered a solution for compensation."""
I was able to use my coupon successfully. My order then got refunded against my will and without my knowing.
Gearbest Customer Support At 11/24/2018 12:05:11 CST
Dear willaim,

Thanks for your reply.

We are really sorry that due to an unexpected technical issue, we have to cancel most of the orders which used $111.11-$111 USD.
It is true that only the first 214 customers who took part in this activity were able to use this coupon successfully.
Hope you can understand it.
As a compensation only for you, we could offer 100 points to your account.
You can use it for your next order.
Could you please accept it?

Thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
Best regards
Nancy.Liu
Gearbest Customer Service

willaim gandy At 11/24/2018 10:37:31 CST
What is the monetary value of these points?
Gearbest Customer Support At 11/25/2018 03:22:17 CST
Dear willaim,

Thank you for contacting GearBest.

100 points=2 USD
Please follow the below steps to enjoy the benefits of your GearBest points.
1. Go to your shopping bag and click 'PROCEED TO CHECKOUT'.
2. After choose the shipping method and the payment method, you can see the points option before submitting the order. Please input the amount you want to use for this order.
3. Successfully place your order.

Learn more about points from: http://www.gearbest.com/about/about-points.html

Take a look at our newest arrivals here: http://www.gearbest.com/new-products/
Grab our best deals here: http://www.gearbest.com/gadget-deals.html

Best regards,
Nancy.Liu
willaim gandy At 11/25/2018 09:45:25 CST
That is unacceptable. I give homeless people on the street more money than that. How can you even type that? I thought that maybe you meant 100 for my gb wallet, but no. That is insulting. This whole encounter with gearbest has been insulting. I actually won something and then you took it away , then , to add insult to injury you tell me I need to get ready for your next promotions, then , even more insults with 2 dollars.

You wanna be done with me Nancy? I want that quadcopter from my original order Ö
Color
Battleship Gray
Size

It cost less than the price of the coupon. That's what the coupon, for me, was all about. I showed my son videos of that quad and told him we where getting it. One of the biggest problems I have is that you guys are making me look like a liar to my kid. I can guarantee you that if this where a face to face transaction that my coupon would have been honored but because it is over the computer there is no real consequences to actions. This is sad world. I want that quadcopter. I think that is fair. To offer me two dollars is insulting. Send me the quadcopter and I will done with gb forever. Believe me, I never want to go through this again. And its obvious that these kinds of situations would be in the foreseeable future with Gearbest.
Gearbest Customer Support At 11/26/2018 01:23:29 CST
Dear willaim,

We are sorry about this.
All customers only have 10 USD coupon code.
We are sorry that we can not offer more to you.
We want to do long cooperation with you,could you please accept 200 points as a extra compensation?
We know we need to improve our service.Hope you can offer us one more chance.

Best regards
Nancy.Liu

willaim gandy At 11/27/2018 02:45:33 CST
All of my life if I have made a mistake I had to be responsible for it. I don't believe that there was a mistake but even if there was gearbest should be held responsible. I want that quadcopter. These points that you are offering me are useless. It is a real shame that we are even having this conversation. I do not accept.
Gearbest Customer Support At 11/27/2018 02:20:00 CST
Dear willaim,

We are so sorry about all this issue.

We know it is a very insignificant compensation for 111 dollars lost.
We are really sorry that we try our best to solve this issue.
We will improve our service then.

Thanks for your understanding.
Best regards
Nancy.Liu

Leave a reply
If the ticket has not answered your question, you can leave us feedback. Our Customer Service Manager will review your case and reply to you
within 24 hours.Click here to escalate your issue.
* Full Name:

* Reply:

Attachment 1(optional):
+ If you would like to show us some files, please upload them here.
Each file must be below 10MB. The following file formats are supported: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, txt, pdf, ppt, doc, 3gp, avi, mp4, xls, xlsx, docx

Submit
Close this question
If the problem is solved, please kindly close this ticket and rate our service. If your issue is still not solved yet, please leave your ticket open and kindly wait for our reply. Please do not submit multiple tickets about the same issue,it may delay our reply. For new question, please submit a new ticket ( one topic = one ticket). Thank you for your understanding and patience. We will do our best to serve you.
Close & Rate Note: You will not be able to receive any reply to this issue if this ticket is closed.
Copyright © 2018 Gearbest.com. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by duece22; Nov 27, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

to remove ads between posts

Nov 27, 2018, 11:31 AM
duece22

Note: I am not saying that Gearbest doesn't sell and send merchandise. What I am saying is that Gearbest promotions is a gigantic waste of your time. I tried for a week to get that coupon and I was ecstatic when I won it. What a great Christmas this will be!
However as you can see, Gearbest had no intention of fulfilling their commitment. I told them I would post it on the RC channels. This is what happens when someone is good to their word. Don't waste your time with Gearbest promotions. Bangood has quicker shipping and so far they have been good on their word to me.

Nov 27, 2018, 12:12 PM
duece22

I would also like to state that I left a private message to the Gearbest representative on this site stating what happened. They never messaged me back.

Nov 27, 2018, 03:36 PM
wilcamach

That place sucks. I've had enough bad experience with them to never order again, I wouldnt hold my breath that they will honor that coupon. Id contact paypal to dispute any charges and just chalk it up a loss. Best of luck to you.

Nov 30, 2018, 09:47 PM
flyhigh1617

Yea I've been a customer of Gearbest for 6 years. Well before buying direct from China was a thing. They have not improved service, they have only improved tactic to make money. Now it's blantly right in your face they do what they want and too bad if you don't like it. Lie, steal, cheat.... It's all fair game to them. There is only one way to teach them a lesson. Power of the purse. Sadly it would be a campaign that massive amounts of people woukd have to be on board with. Slim chances to get that going.

But, what you can do is file a report with BBB, attorney General of your state, consumer affairs and social media.
Your right it is insulting. 4 bucks to offset and apologize for $111 stolen from you. It's a dirty game. I'd make it my mission to create every headache possible for them.
I've been burnt by them a few times. But. I've stopped buying anything over $50 because I lack the trust I once had. Truthfully Banggood is just as bad. They both put sale prices all over their site on items clearly not on sale. Coupons that won't work as intended or won't disclose how to use clearly. The trade off is no longer worth it. Prices in the US are almost as good now a days. I could skip the both of them and likely my bottom line for the year wouldn't be missing anything. Good luck brother. I feel your pain.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply