Dec 07, 2018, 02:56 PM
Understandable, but had we done something else, I'm sure an equal (if not even higher!) number of people would have asked for and/or told us we were wrong for not doing an F-16...that even happened when we announced the Viper!

That said, this is far from our last EDF release. We have a number of all-new, ground-up designs (yes, models our own team has designed and developed from the ground up ) AND some less-than-common subject matters in the works! And we know we can't make everyone happy all the time, but getting to a good mix of subject matters, sizes and price points is something that's important to us!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2018, 03:06 PM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66
I like the Falcon a lot, and im sure e-flite´s will fly good aswell but... to be honest im a bit dissapointed that they released a F-16 at all...i was hoping for a little bit more variety or advanture from e-flite, especially after they released the Viper, which has also been modeled by several different companies in several different sizes. There are so many cool jets out there that have never been released, at least not as a foamy and they come up with a Falcon. Perhaps its a good idea from a marketing point of view maybe, still why not a Lightning II, a Super Sabre, a Voodoo or a Shooting Star . This is a good plane, no doubt, but it is also a bit on the, well boring side in my opinon
Keep in mind, the Viper and F16 are repainted FMS models that were already out so they had limited options if going that route. So far, I like both of their paint schemes better than the FMS counterpart and the option to come as a BNF! On the Viper, having the flaps preinstalled was also a big plus over the FMS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Understandable, but had we done something else, I'm sure an equal (if not even higher!) number of people would have asked for and/or told us we were wrong for not doing an F-16...that even happened when we announced the Viper!

That said, this is far from our last EDF release. We have a number of all-new, ground-up designs (yes, models our own team has designed and developed from the ground up ) AND some less-than-common subject matters in the works! And we know we can't make everyone happy all the time, but getting to a good mix of subject matters, sizes and price points is something that's important to us!
I truly can't explain how happy I am to hear that! I have been posting on here and on FB in various places wondering when HH was going to get back into the EDF market. I think we can agree that it is a pretty booming market for RC with fan technology getting so much better in recent years! While I have no problem with the two releases so far and prefer the paint schemes over the FMS versions, having y'all do one from the ground up and having more variety is truly great for the hobby I think! Plus, I like that y'all put your spin on the current FMS EDFs and sell them. They are obviously selling extremely well for y'all! HH marketing is light years ahead of FMS so it is good to see such good planes selling so well. And that is, once again, great for the hobby!

PS - Y'all can announce that new Carbon-Z warbird anytime now!
Dec 07, 2018, 03:13 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Keep in mind, the Viper and F16 are repainted FMS models that were already out so they had limited options if going that route. So far, I like both of their paint schemes better than the FMS counterpart and the option to come as a BNF! On the Viper, having the flaps preinstalled was also a big plus over the FMS!

I truly can't explain how happy I am to hear that! I have been posting on here and on FB in various places wondering when HH was going to get back into the EDF market. I think we can agree that it is a pretty booming market for RC with fan technology getting so much better in recent years! While I have no problem with the two releases so far and prefer the paint schemes over the FMS versions, having y'all do one from the ground up and having more variety is truly great for the hobby I think! Plus, I like that y'all put your spin on the current FMS EDFs and sell them. They are obviously selling extremely well for y'all! HH marketing is light years ahead of FMS so it is good to see such good planes selling so well. And that is, once again, great for the hobby!

Agreed. Fully!!! They discontinued the big Z28 which was a spectacular foamie. I assume they have been working with Fms on a whole new Z Biggie! And I'd love for a unique edf from eflight that is their own!!
Dec 07, 2018, 03:18 PM

new EDF´s

Quote:

Kind of hard to digest that people wanted another Viper or another F-16, but hey stranger things have happened right. And it is nice to hear that you have a few more EDFJets in the making that are a bit more "out of the box" maybe - thinking wise i mean. I will look at your future new-release videos very very closely - than we talk EDF again
Dec 07, 2018, 03:38 PM
killickb
Do we have "another" F-16 or just a repaint ? Another paint scheme is always welcome if the price point is maintained. In this case maybe it was coincidental that the price was raised as the tariffs kicked in ? Guess we will never know the real why.
Dec 07, 2018, 03:44 PM

new Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC

I suspected that both of the planes are slightly modified FMS base-models with different electronics on board, which is ok...and by the way im not a big fan of the paint scheme (i prefer military camo schemes, and if you ask me, planes without camo or "real" Airforce or Luftwaffe markings cant fly straight anyway , but that is a personal thing). I like e-flite or parkzone planes so much because they are excellent bases for a mod because their airframes are simply brilliant.
And that is the reason why i would like to see a "real e-flite plane" again instead of a repainted FMS bird or a plane that a different company had modeled before. I consider it a bad move for a company "not to do their own thing" (at least in the long run), and it is also rarely good for a market or a hobby if there is less diversity. Lets hope that the future will bring many new and exciting planes to our door steps
Dec 07, 2018, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarbirdFan66
I suspected that both of the planes are slightly modified FMS base-models with different electronics on board, which is ok...and by the way im not a big fan of the paint scheme (i prefer military camo schemes, and if you ask me, planes without camo or "real" Airforce or Luftwaffe markings cant fly straight anyway , but that is a personal thing). I like e-flite or parkzone planes so much because they are excellent bases for a mod because their airframes are simply brilliant.
And that is the reason why i would like to see a "real e-flite plane" again instead of a repainted FMS bird or a plane that a different company had modeled before. I consider it a bad move for a company "not to do their own thing" (at least in the long run), and it is also rarely good for a market or a hobby if there is less diversity. Lets hope that the future will bring many new and exciting planes to our door steps

All I care is ... All I want is great aircrafts.
Pay the money and fly...

:-)

Dec 07, 2018, 07:58 PM
Maj, USAF
I think this will be great - sure, it would be nice if it had lights but for the price it looks fair. I missed out on the old 400 Eflite TBird, and have been waiting for another offering in the same size range with a 12 blade fan....BNF makes it even better; just need to find a good battery for it now.

I backordered mine last night...Looking forward to the first few unbiased reviews and flight reports!
Dec 07, 2018, 08:01 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
I will be getting this one. Love the scheme. In fact have not bought the other 70mm F-16s because I wanted a Thunderbird scheme. Thanks for doing this one!

Don
Dec 07, 2018, 08:24 PM
We love the scheme too

And for those that haven't seen it yet, we were live on Facebook and YouTube answering questions and going over more details related to availability, the 'origin' of this model, skill level required to fly it and more as seen in the video here:

LIVE Q&A - E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF Jet (25 min 17 sec)
Dec 07, 2018, 08:25 PM
I love the T-Bird paint scheme too. It will be a lot easier to see in the sky than the standard grey paint schemes.
Dec 07, 2018, 10:48 PM
Agreed!!

And I'm not the only one in the office that loves this airplane...check out the video below!

BTW, we've had quite a few people ask if it can be hand launched so hopefully this answers that question

E-flite F-16 Thunderbirds 70mm EDF Flight Talk - Fun in the cold! (4 min 13 sec)
Dec 07, 2018, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Agreed!!

And I'm not the only one in the office that loves this airplane...check out the video below!

BTW, we've had quite a few people ask if it can be hand launched so hopefully this answers that question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zfVFBo7Bs

Nice flying, good visibility.
Are these two F16s with or without the gyro version?

My guess is with Gyro :-)

Dec 07, 2018, 11:18 PM
You can hear Ali talk about AS3X (gyros) and what it does for pilots/the plane around the 1:05 mark
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 08, 2018 at 10:48 AM.
Dec 08, 2018, 12:42 AM
Jason it's fantastic business decision to take a great fms plane and add the gyro and nicer paint job. I remember when I met you at the NJ show you explained that it cost like 50k to make new molds. The yak would be a great addition or the crazy new blue futura coming out. Anyway my only reason for not ordering the f16 yet is I find that with f16s the gear being so narrow makes the plane tip over and mess up the wings

Quick Reply