Thread Tools
Dec 06, 2018, 11:21 AM
Suspended Account
Jason M your inbox is full
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2018, 11:33 AM
killickb
killickb's Avatar
Jason, although we don't experience "Mach tuck" on our models it just looks more scale with scale pitch control, certainly no harder to incorporate but if it is a rebranded FMS, from the same molds then I understand the lack of this feature. Still is a very nice F-16 rendition but you can get more "scale" for your $ in a many 80/90mm models.
Dec 06, 2018, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Jason, although we don't experience "Mach tuck" on our models it just looks more scale with scale pitch control, certainly no harder to incorporate but if it is a rebranded FMS, from the same molds then I understand the lack of this feature. Still is a very nice F-16 rendition but you can get more "scale" for your $ in a many 80/90mm models.
Prob easiest this way as it's just a new paintjob and throw in as3x. If they wanted to stand out a bit more next time around, maybe get some simple nav lights added as well Thunderbird is my favorite 16 just as blue angel is my favorite f18
Last edited by jazzmanb; Dec 06, 2018 at 11:53 AM.
Dec 06, 2018, 01:02 PM
Lithium Member
Herb's Avatar
Thread OP
I really like Thunderbirds F-16s, and now I will have to think about adding a fourth one

.
Last edited by Herb; Dec 07, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
Dec 06, 2018, 01:04 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
I like Thunderbirds F-16 and will have to think about adding a fourth one

.
Fourth wow Herb! Let me guess umx,freewing 90 and hsd biggie?
Dec 06, 2018, 01:23 PM
6 is the magic number when it comes to Thunderbirds, so clearly you need 3 of these Herb I've got the UMX, the 'old' E-flite 400 (64mm), a 90mm, 105mm and a BVM 1/6th scale with a turbine so I need at least 1 of these to get to 6 myself...though I wasn't kidding about wanting 6 of these 70mm models because it's so much fun to fly!!

BTW, the 90mm cost about 65% more than this 70mm does. It has a few more details, but offers less performance and less flight time on a similar sized battery, plus it takes a larger vehicle to transport (especially without taking it apart). That in mind, I truly believe this 70mm model is the best size of F-16 for many (most even?) people from a ease of storage/transport, performance and value perspective....not to mention it flies better and easier than most other models if you buy the BNF Basic version with AS3X and SAFE Select

Also, for those that might be interested, we talk about the F-16 (including how you can get one before Christmas!) in the video here (F-16 discussion starts around the 13:40 mark):

Horizon Hobby's Thursday Thunder for 12/06/2018 (28 min 27 sec)
Last edited by Jason M; Dec 06, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
Dec 06, 2018, 02:11 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
southernmd_man's Avatar
Any plans for plastic wing rails? The foams going to get chewed the first tip over landing or taking off.....
Dec 06, 2018, 02:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkorey
Great idea taking fms edf and adding safe select receiver. Im sure the yak is next. I would buy the fms now but can't fit a gyro in it. Had the original and could barely fit the receiver. Anyway this is a beauty. Just makes it difficult choice when freewing has the 80mm Avanti and l39 for a few bucks more. They have better gear and lights. I'll still probably get the f16 because I just love eflite and horizon.
You could always buy a lemon receiver that has the gyro built in. Less than $30, I have them in all my edfs (7) and they have always worked great
Dec 06, 2018, 02:42 PM
Lithium Member
Herb's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman
Fourth wow Herb! Let me guess umx,freewing 90 and hsd biggie?
JePe fully molded 90mm missile,

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...by-Jepe&pp=100

about the same size as this 70mm one .

The others are a TamJet fully molded F-16 (first pic) taileron only with Schuebeler fan on 12S (160+mph),

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Tamjets&pp=100

the Freewing 90mm F-16 piggie,

And finally the Phase3 F-16 on a Schuebeler DS-30 fan 4S ... still looking for pieces on that one after it disintegrated in midair a few years ago ...

Bottom pic (R) next to JePe one (L).
Dec 06, 2018, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
JePe fully molded 90mm missile,

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...by-Jepe&pp=100

about the same size as this 70mm one .

The others are a TamJet fully molded F-16 with Schuebeler fan on 12S (160+mph),

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Tamjets&pp=100

the Freewing 90mm F-16 piggie,

and finally the Phase 3 F-16 on a Schuebeler DS-30 fan ... still looking for pieces on that one after it disintegrated in midair a few years ago ...
Nice you dont mess around Herb ha
Dec 06, 2018, 03:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
6 is the magic number when it comes to Thunderbirds, so clearly you need 3 of these Herb I've got the UMX, the 'old' E-flite 400 (64mm), a 90mm, 105mm and a BVM 1/6th scale with a turbine so I need at least 1 of these to get to 6 myself...though I wasn't kidding about wanting 6 of these 70mm models because it's so much fun to fly!!

BTW, the 90mm cost about 65% more than this 70mm does. It has a few more details, but offers less performance and less flight time on a similar sized battery, plus it takes a larger vehicle to transport (especially without taking it apart). That in mind, I truly believe this 70mm model is the best size of F-16 for many (most even?) people from a ease of storage/transport, performance and value perspective....not to mention it flies better and easier than most other models if you buy the BNF Basic version with AS3X and SAFE Select

Also, for those that might be interested, we talk about the F-16 (including how you can get one before Christmas!) in the video here (F-16 discussion starts around the 13:40 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hybYGP27-k
You say before Xmas , but the US website says shipping January, also does this mean the same
For EU and UK customers ?? We have yet to see the viper??
Dec 06, 2018, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt
You say before Xmas , but the US website says shipping January, also does this mean the same
For EU and UK customers ?? We have yet to see the viper??
If you haven't already, please be sure to watch the video below starting around the 19:25 mark (and especially at the 21:15 mark). We talk about when these F-16s will first be available in the US (and yes, they will definitely be available before Christmas!), along with availability of the Vipers in the US and EU (and the UK is served via our EU warehouse through our distributor www.LogicRC.com, so for anyone in the UK, be sure to contact Logic directly for more specific info on availability).

We've received and shipped out many large shipments of Vipers in the US since August, but we still have yet to receive enough to fill all backorders for the BNF Basic version (the PNP version is currently in stock in the US though! https://www.horizonhobby.com/viper-e...70mm-p-efl7775). That means it's never been "in stock" even though we've shipped quite a few out. The same is true in EU...we shipped quite a few out in November, but still haven't received enough to fill all backorders (but lots more will be shipping later this month!). F-16s will be shipping out of both warehouses in the US around the end of next week, and will be arriving at our EU warehouse around Christmas. So far they're not all spoken for, so for anyone that wants to get an F-16 (or a Viper!), be sure to pre-order/backorder one ASAP...otherwise you'll be waiting until sometime next year to get one!

Horizon Hobby's Thursday Thunder for 12/06/2018 (28 min 27 sec)
Dec 07, 2018, 12:19 PM
Registered User
Doug Bateman's Avatar
Didn't know it was a foamy!
Last edited by Doug Bateman; Dec 08, 2018 at 07:52 AM.
Dec 07, 2018, 12:26 PM
RC Addict
Another awesome model from Horizon, can't wait to fly this with my Viper. I sure wish we could get some basic navi lights on these models though.
Dec 07, 2018, 02:47 PM
Registered User
WarbirdFan66's Avatar

hm, a F-16


I like the Falcon a lot, and im sure e-flite´s will fly good aswell but... to be honest im a bit dissapointed that they released a F-16 at all...i was hoping for a little bit more variety or advanture from e-flite, especially after they released the Viper, which has also been modeled by several different companies in several different sizes. There are so many cool jets out there that have never been released, at least not as a foamy and they come up with a Falcon. Perhaps its a good idea from a marketing point of view maybe, still why not a Lightning II, a Super Sabre, a Voodoo or a Shooting Star . This is a good plane, no doubt, but it is also a bit on the, well boring side in my opinon


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News New Release - E-Flite UMX F-16 Matt Gunn Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 238 Dec 21, 2015 03:50 AM
Question E-flite UMX f-16 or UMX habu bnf ignaciolch Micro Ready-to-Fly 7 Sep 24, 2015 07:49 PM
Build Log FMS F-16 70mm Thunderbird Tonyray Foamy EDFs 0 Sep 06, 2015 08:33 AM
Poll hobby lobby 70mm A-7 vs 70mm F-16 vs 70mm F-4 appleflyer Foamy EDFs 6 Jun 29, 2009 09:33 AM
Discussion New e-flite f-16 jamnbec Electric Plane Talk 5 Oct 22, 2008 08:01 PM