Sep 15, 2019, 02:18 PM
Guys... is this any concern?

On assembly of my F-16 and after gluing the horizontal stabs in place I noticed the right rear servo was installed at the factory slightly crooked. Because of this the servo arm is also not sitting level so when I attach the linkage as per the manual it will not reach the ball on the stab. What does seem to work is if I run the linkage through the arm the other way. As such, I have one linkage going through the top and the other the bottom. The throws seem to be the same between the two, do you think it's OK to leave it this way? I have not flown it yet.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2019, 03:36 PM
uncoiler- if the servo securely drives the control surface, i think you'll be good to go.
-beanie
Sep 15, 2019, 03:52 PM

Nose gear retract

Have you guys found a retract without the strut and wheel that will work? Don't want to spend 50.00 when all I need is a retract, thanks in advance.
Sep 15, 2019, 04:50 PM
1horse,

Got the FMS wedsite and order just the retracts. They over 1/2 cheaper then E-Flight. In fact they are the same.
Sep 15, 2019, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncoiler
Guys... is this any concern?

On assembly of my F-16 and after gluing the horizontal stabs in place I noticed the right rear servo was installed at the factory slightly crooked. Because of this the servo arm is also not sitting level so when I attach the linkage as per the manual it will not reach the ball on the stab. What does seem to work is if I run the linkage through the arm the other way. As such, I have one linkage going through the top and the other the bottom. The throws seem to be the same between the two, do you think it's OK to leave it this way? I have not flown it yet.
if its not binding or being too hard on the servo i'd thing you'd be a 'go' for flight
Sep 15, 2019, 08:08 PM
Thanks Kevin, IntheTubeDeep, it just seemed a little off so I thought better to check.

I think that dark blue color does a good job in hiding that entire gear assembly pretty well else it would have been noticeable in low/slow passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Thats normal thats how mine was
Sep 16, 2019, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdansalvish
1horse,

Got the FMS wedsite and order just the retracts. They over 1/2 cheaper then E-Flight. In fact they are the same.
Thank you for the info, I was hoping the fms would work.
Sep 16, 2019, 03:08 PM
Fire Marshall Bill
Uncoiler
There is no functional difference.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie
uncoiler- if the servo securely drives the control surface, i think you'll be good to go.
-beanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBee
if its not binding or being too hard on the servo i'd thing you'd be a 'go' for flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo Te
Uncoiler
There is no functional difference.
Great! That's what I thought, but it's always nice to get a second opinion from people with more experience than me.

It's not binding at all and operates smooth, just looks a little funny compared to the other side but nobody sees that anyway. I'm going to leave it alone. The alternative is to "cut out " the servo, clean the hole, and reinstall it straight, but I don't want to mess with it.

Thanks guys.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:11 PM
fly like the wind Uncoiler!

after not being able to fly for a few days i flew the F16 yesterday a few times in pretty high winds, much higher than before. it was pretty fun, and i definitely used more high throttle just making sure i was in full control on the downwind parts

also i may have put some powder in the tail pipe for a photo op (i'm 50years old going on 12)
Sep 17, 2019, 08:54 AM
Re: windy flying... do your F16's get wiggly in high wind flying? mine does a bit

edit: went out and flew a couple flights this morning in fair amount of wind again.. looks like its really only a tail wag, not an up and down or roll axis wiggle.
Last edited by RickBee; Sep 17, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:52 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Quote:
Re: windy flying... do your F16's get wiggly in high wind flying? mine does a bit

edit: went out and flew a couple flights this morning in fair amount of wind again.. looks like its really only a tail wag, not an up and down or roll axis wiggle.
Yes
Sep 18, 2019, 06:17 AM
Quote:

Are you using a gyro?
Sep 18, 2019, 08:01 AM

Grounded

Nothing worse than being grounded, waiting for a nose gear that's on back order.

Too bad I can't just order the retract alone.

Is there any other entire nose retract assembly that can be dropped into this plane and be ready to fly?
Sep 18, 2019, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huju
Nothing worse than being grounded, waiting for a nose gear that's on back order.

Too bad I can't just order the retract alone.

Is there any other entire nose retract assembly that can be dropped into this plane and be ready to fly?

Did you try FMS or RC Castle. The FMS version is the same part as the Eflight one.

Quick Reply