Dec 17, 2018, 03:30 PM
Very interesting. Thanks guys
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2018, 06:21 PM
Please, fix those stars! For American planes, the points go FORWARDS and/or UP.

CD
USAF, Retired
Dec 17, 2018, 07:19 PM
hmm im considering a 3300 60c (558g) or 4000 60c (690g). i like the extra flight time of the latter, but don't want to sacrifice too much high alpha as displayed on the videos.

Do you think there would be much decreased high alpha performance with a 4000?
Dec 17, 2018, 08:13 PM
Is there a recommended LED ring for an afterburner set up?
Dec 17, 2018, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk I
I used a contact cement type of glue, it gives me time to position the parts, but it needs to cure over night. The bond stays semi-flexible, not like ca which becomes brittle.

Mods I have made are Dubro low bounce wheels (1.75" front, 2" rear). I also painted the canopy and side-winders chrome.

Maiden went well, 4.5 min on a 3300mah. This EDF sounds and flys awesome!

Hawk, do those side winders come with the
Eflight F16?

Dec 17, 2018, 09:45 PM
Yes, sidewinders comes with the plane. I think it could be mounted below the wings as well. I take them off while flying for speed.
Dec 17, 2018, 10:42 PM
Just picked one up today at the local shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAranza
Do you think there would be much decreased high alpha performance with a 4000?
I already have some 4000 60C packs and I'm hoping they won't be too heavy for this bird. The only other smaller 6S packs I have are only 1500. I could try 1S2P configuration to get 3000 from those...

Hopefully someone that has flown theirs with a few different packs can chime in?

I won't even be able to maiden mine for a few days! Ahhh!
Dec 18, 2018, 12:17 AM
Jason any update on UK Pricing . ? Also when does
It look like the EU shipments will arrive into there respected warehouses ??

Thanks
Dec 18, 2018, 01:22 AM
Hobbyking doing good sale on batteries at the moment.... I picked up the 6s 3000 75c 37quid
Last edited by DARKANGEL1; Dec 18, 2018 at 04:42 AM.
Dec 18, 2018, 01:55 AM
For those living in Europe I can only recommend the Wellpower Ultimate packs by lindinger. I‘m flying their packs for years now, they are light and durable (even for me not storage charging batteries and other bad habits).

Those are the packs we‘ll be flying on the F16:
https://www.lindinger.at/en/batterie...Search=3300+6s

(of course I‘m not in any way associated with lindinger)
Dec 18, 2018, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Did you see how slowly the F-16 lands nose up in the videos I and others have posted ???

Yeah I did, but I also noticed the mic picking up a lot of wind noise, so without a steady headwind the groundspeed is much likely quite a bit higher... (and even if not, it's always good to minimize kinetic energy on landing)

A remark in general: the F-16 has LEF's: Leading Edge Flaps. Not slats. (slats and flaps have a very different design function)

During flight maneuvering the LEfs are constantly adjusting (variably) depending on G's pulled (and thus AOA requested by the pilot). Only when the gear is down they are fixed in 2 possible settings, depending on weight on wheels. (either 15 degrees down or 2 degr. up)
Dec 18, 2018, 02:08 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT
... I also noticed the mic picking up a lot of wind noise, so without a steady headwind the groundspeed is much likely quite a bit higher....
Yes with nearly no headwind it will be even easier to land it slow, due to the lack of any ground turbulence.
Dec 18, 2018, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb
Yes with nearly no headwind it will be even easier to land it slow, due to the lack of any ground turbulence.

Maybe you mixed things up? (Or maybe I did, but the last time I was "aviating" this was still the case: ) With no wind an aircraft's groundspeed is HIGHER, not (s)lower, compared to when there is a steady headwind and the airspeed (i.e. enough generated lift for normal flight condition) is the same in both cases...

The objective is to get the aircraft to move slower over the ground when landing Why? Because less damage when things go "Awww F*ck"! This can be accomplished by: 1.) flying INTO the wind (headwind!) and 2.) use high lift generating devices (flaps/slats)
Last edited by MartinT; Dec 18, 2018 at 03:10 PM.
Dec 18, 2018, 03:29 PM
Lithium Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT
... Maybe you mixed things up? ...
No, I did not.

Quick Reply