Dec 05, 2018, 01:22 AM
Build Log

My first build in a while

I haven't posted in like forever and thought I would make an update! I've been juggling my actual responsibilities and hobbies and finally got back to making planes. This project started a few months ago but then I had to set it aside and now I was able to continue it. I'm using flight tests plans for the mini scout (https://www.flitetest.com/articles/f...d-mighty-minis) all of their plans are free and I really like the design of this one. The one thing I changed is I 3d printed my own custom motor mount in red petg instead of making a motor pod like they recommend. If anyone's interested I can share my motor mount but it's really nothing that special.

For components I'm using a 2204 2300kv miniquad motor with a triblade 5045 propeller, a 30 amp esc, FS-IA6B receiver, and several batteries. I was originally going to use my 4s battery with this plane but it's a little heavy and has a huge amount of power so currently I'm going to use a 1000mah 3s battery. I'm waiting for my servos to arrive in the post before I can finish this project but I thought I would share what I have so far!

Last edited by Legolessed; Dec 05, 2018 at 01:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2018, 09:56 AM
flyin' fool
Looks like a fun project. Just remember ................. small models need to be kept light, every gram counts up and 28 of them make one ounce.

If the paper is left one, where you can, cover the edges with tape as it tends to separate.

I've seen a few built and flown locally, even with FPV, and the fly great.
Dec 08, 2018, 11:04 AM
treefinder
Good looking design, you might want to try a sharper knife, though.

On a more serious note, using a scalpel or #11 Xacto blade and a three stroke cutting method (sharp tip only through the top paper, through the foam, through the bottom paper) will eliminate the "fluffy edges" and make wrapping them with tape a lot easier.

Quick Reply