Radio Controlled Fishing Bait Boat

If you are looking to add a little RC to your fishing trips, then this radio controlled bait boat should do the trick.

Splash

Remotely Drop Off Your Bait

If you are looking to add a little RC to your fishing trips, then this radio controlled bait boat should do the trick. It's a rather large V Hull boat that has a carry handle on top for easy transport to the waters edge and two hoppers you can fill with bait. Drive the boat out to your desired location and use the radio controls to drop the bait off in the water.

The boat itself is made from ABS plastic and it has two brushed motors for propulsion and steering. There's an external antenna on the boat that helps to provide up to 500M range. There's a light up front for night time use and they include a 5200mAh lipo battery for long run times.

Specifications:

• Transmitter Frequency: 2.4Ghz
  • Channels: 4CH
  • Transmitter Battery: 4 AA's (not included)
  • Control distance: 400-500M
  • Battery: 7.4V 5200mAh Lipo (included)
  • Charging Time: About 10-12 hours
  • Run Time: 2-24hours
  • Material: ABS plastic
  • Load Capacity: 1.5kg
  • Dimensions: 50*27*20cm(L*W*H)

Check out the Radio Controlled Fishing Bait Boat Here

Dec 04, 2018, 01:23 PM
Cool concept, but looks more toy grade than hobby grade to me.

Is the little blue battery in the front of the boat the main battery? I don't see how that is possibly a 5200mah 2s if so!
Dec 04, 2018, 02:16 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Looks like a typical 1500 mAh Li-Ion pack. Could be larger.

Can't tell everything from looks, but I am wary here. The photo of someone holding the boat makes it look quite large, but specs say the hull is only 20" long. Did they get a midget to pose with it?

So I am confused here. Photos show a large boat and specs claim a large battery, yet the price and given dimensions says small everything. Good ol' Bang Good.
Dec 04, 2018, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Looks like a typical 1500 mAh Li-Ion pack. Could be larger.

Can't tell everything from looks, but I am wary here. The photo of someone holding the boat makes it look quite large, but specs say the hull is only 20" long. Did they get a midget to pose with it?

So I am confused here. Photos show a large boat and specs claim a large battery, yet the price and given dimensions says small everything. Good ol' Bang Good.
They just have your average chinaman holding it.
Dec 04, 2018, 03:51 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Man? Look closer....maybe not.

I AM seeing some visual artifacts that could be clues of using photoshop to make the boat appears slightly larger in the photo where it is being held. There's a lot of that going on today.
Dec 04, 2018, 05:49 PM
RCG Admin
Crazy! I just thought it was a neat idea.
Dec 04, 2018, 09:59 PM
ids911
Would be fun to figure out how to modify and make it faster��
Dec 04, 2018, 10:08 PM
Hmmmm, maybe its just me,, But,, why not just toss your bait yourself ??? LOL
But hey ,,, it's your Money !! LOL
DanT
PS: here in Texas we just put are ??? Bait in a cloth sack add some kind of weight and ,,,, toss it out in a spot we want to bait fish ,, and it last for days ,, I"M told.. I'm NOT a fishermen ..!
Last edited by DanT; Dec 04, 2018 at 10:14 PM.
Dec 05, 2018, 03:04 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Crazy! I just thought it was a neat idea.

It is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
Hmmmm, maybe its just me,, But,, why not just toss your bait yourself ??? LOL
But hey ,,, it's your Money !! LOL
DanT
A bait boat can also deliver your hook or lure farther than you can cast and drop it right where you want it. Sort of a cheat actually
Dec 05, 2018, 02:48 PM
Not really a cheat if your toy scares off all the fishes before launching the bait...
Dec 06, 2018, 02:38 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Bait boats have become quite popular, so I believe we can assume that has not proven to be problem.

I and my friends have trolled using the outboard motor sometimes when we didn't have a dedicated electric trolling motor, and did just fine. Those little brushed motors at moderate RPMS will be quiet enough.
Dec 07, 2018, 07:50 AM
I do not see any steering means so it will be skid/tank steering. That is a big nono(as in toy grade) in my opinion.

(Think about tank steering your bait to the desired dropping place if it is a bit breezy, good luck.)
Dec 07, 2018, 11:13 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NielsdB
I do not see any steering means so it will be skid/tank steering. That is a big nono(as in toy grade) in my opinion.

(Think about tank steering your bait to the desired dropping place if it is a bit breezy, good luck.)

Most bait boats (if not all) use differential steering with no issue, including the expensive high-end ones: https://www.mivardi.com/products/new...s-fish-finder/

Like an aircraft, you just "crab" into the wind to maintain your course. No biggie.

Dec 07, 2018, 02:53 PM
There was a local fellow that had two, both catamaran style with a center feed drop. Both hulls were well made and used off shelf china electronics. Both differential steered (dual drivelines. The larger one had a really well made fiberglass hull with LEDs The only issue for him was speed, the lakes he fishes in are quite large (Texas/ Lake Ray Hubbard). The larger one looked to use dual electric wheelchair motors. It seemed to handle chop quite well being a wide cat type hull.
Dec 07, 2018, 03:18 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Toesup build from 2008

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/thum...=threadgallery

Quick Reply