Jan 03, 2005, 09:33 AM
Thread OP

Introduce a new missile ship "Skjold"

A happy new year 2005!.

Let's introduce a new ship "Skjold" of my best here this year .
It is a scale model of the state-of-the-art SES type of Norway naval forces "Skjold" high-speed missile boat that succeeds in test today.
The SES type surfaces to ..high-pressure air with fan.. bottom of a ship by the high-speed ship form of the air pressure surfacing method ..on the turning over surface of the sea.. and is high-speed Sou possible, latest, high-speed hull according to the water jet.
The reduced scale is 1/50. 820mm in the total length. 1550g in weight. Two. 500 faction motoring self-made water jet propulsion devicestwo. fans for surfacingIt equips it with the front finger skirt and the back bug skirt.
The missile boat of this Norway naval forces is the high performance.
Is evaluated, and the evaluation test is undertaken, and an efficient Stealth hull and the high speed are models of the missile boat for the next term also in U.S. Marines.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2005, 09:41 AM
Mmm, tugs...
Very nice Takahashi-san!
Here is some more information:
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/skjold/
Do you have more pictures of your waterjet drive system? And maybe details on building the skirt?
Thanks!
Pat M.
Jan 03, 2005, 04:10 PM
Grumpa Tom
Awesome!!
Jan 03, 2005, 10:45 PM
all my boats are broken
that's a great model. waterjets are even greater, hope i can build one someday
Jan 03, 2005, 11:34 PM
Thread OP

Detailed structure of skjold

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmat2350
Very nice Takahashi-san!
Here is some more information:
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/skjold/
Do you have more pictures of your waterjet drive system? And maybe details on building the skirt?
Thanks!
Pat M.
Thank you. ! patmat san
Let's open the inside to the public here.
It is, and reduces resistance and secures a high-speed performance for the hull structure by a flexible skirt by a peculiar catamaran ship to SES before and behind that sending the inside high-pressure air with the fan, and making the hull surface almost, and. My model completely reproduces the structure of skjold of a real ship.
Two fans for the ventilation of 380 motor drive install it at the front.
The back
The water jet unit of 550 class motor drive of two is installed. The water jet unit is a light unit made of the aluminum alloy that I originally researched and developed. Srastoribarsarmeca of original development is installed in it, and the junior movement is also possible. In the skirt in the back and forth, the finger type ahead, and the back is a bag type. It is both made from the cloth of the waterproof. The material recycles the cloth of an old parasol.
Jan 04, 2005, 12:34 AM
Thread OP

Water jet unit in Skjold

HI!

It is a water jet unit in Skjold with the reverse-thrust device of installing.
It is handmade made of the AL alloy. The water jet of a real ship is imitated, and back Ribarsar is bent behind thrust by a mechanical link mechanics. The thrust change device that bends thrust of course right and left also does mixing. As a result, a right and left steering wheel forward, a junior, and a right and left junior steering wheel are possible.
Jan 04, 2005, 12:42 AM
Thread OP
Thank you.! kmot san
It took two and a half years from the design to completion though this was
completed.
Jan 04, 2005, 12:45 AM
Thread OP
Thank you. ! ernest san
An original water jet unit is to being able to boast most by me. The detail is
contributed and look, please. I succeeded so that a precise link mechanics might
reproduce working of the water jet propulsion mechanism of the thing.
Jan 04, 2005, 01:58 AM
all my boats are broken
thanks takahashi. i have a graupner mini jet that i install in a boat i am building. but i want to have a bigger one, buying one is expensive that's why i am thinking of making one.
i wonder though if i can use an ordinary surface propeller instead of an impeller?
Jan 04, 2005, 02:00 AM
all my boats are broken
and sorry for my ignorance, but is this boat a combination of a hovercraft and a jet driven boat? wow, i've read in the link that this can travel @ 100km/h. that's fast.
Jan 04, 2005, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Hi! ernest 2
When a usual screw is put in the pipe, and the guide van for the
rectification is installed behind if the water jet is easily made, it
is good.
However, a strong impellent cannot be gotten by this method.
Jan 04, 2005, 06:54 AM
Thread OP
It is so. The SES type is a child of the encounter of the catamaran ship and the hovercraft. Therefore, because water is not resisted to surface on the surface of the water almost and to run, high speed can be put out. Skjold records the speed of 50 knots or less.
Jan 04, 2005, 08:02 AM
EDF Head
The Skjold have reached speeds in excess of 55knots (63mph / 102km/h)

Very nice craft takahashi san.
Jan 04, 2005, 09:16 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for following 55knots speed. ! Haldor san!!
However, skjold is a ship that does a really good performance. And, the style is advanced in above all. The camouflage is unique and wonderful, too. This will merge in scenery in the fjord in Norway.
If you are a person in Norway, have you seen Sou of skjold of the thing though it is when it is Stavanger, and Location is Norway?。
I want to see me by all means.
Jan 04, 2005, 09:53 AM
Mmm, tugs...
Regarding weapons on the Skjold: Look at the March 31 2004 post in this thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/threa...&lp=1099329034
Missile launchers pop up out of the hull, aft. You will work on this next, Takahashi san? ;-)
Pat M

Quick Reply