Dec 02, 2018, 03:45 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Thread OP
Discussion

Horizon Hobby Electric Warbirds for 2019

Figured it was time for a 2019 wishlist. Post away!

I'll start. Horizon - please do a nice, scale P-38 with flaps, oleo strut retracts, and optional external ordinance - somewhere in the 1.2-1.7m span range...

Joel
Latest blog entry: RealFlight 9
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2018, 03:55 PM
Oh yes please I agree... hopefully toward the 1.2m range as that's why I can't get the 1.6m flightline one - it's too big for my purposes!
Dec 02, 2018, 03:57 PM
Walked away from all landings
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker

I'll start. Horizon - please do a nice, scale P-38 with flaps, oleo strut retracts, and optional external ordinance - somewhere in the 1.2-1.7m span range...

Joel
I forgot that Horizon did release the P-38 in their Eflite series, That would be a great candidate to see released with all of the extra features you mention. However with the availability of the Flightline series P-38 I do not see it happening, then again we can always hope.
Dec 02, 2018, 04:13 PM
A P-51D would sure be a refreshing thing to see - any size!
Dec 02, 2018, 05:03 PM
Fly as high as the Sun
Okay, I'll get this one in early....WW1 era biplane!
Dec 02, 2018, 05:45 PM
Work hard, play hard
Quote:

Joel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAranza
Oh yes please I agree... hopefully toward the 1.2m range as that's why I can't get the 1.6m flightline one - it's too big for my purposes!
I have the Flightline 1.6m P-38. Admittedly, itís a bit of pig for its size, but it is a fantastic flier. Of my 60 planes, itís my favorite warbird.

The plane that I really want, in 1.5m or larger, is a Do-335. A push-me-pull-you twin would be frigginí fantastic!! If done well, I think that itíd be a great seller. Or they could release some more Mustangs, Spitfires, Corsairs, FW-190As. These are all fantastic warbirds, but many of us yearn for something new and exciting. Speaking of dissíing the Re-release of previous planes, Iím crazy excited about the re-release if the UMX MiG-17.
Dec 02, 2018, 06:07 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinthing
I second this! I pretty much have everything else in my hangar except for one of those. I would love a larger size UMX WW1 era bipe!
Dec 02, 2018, 06:24 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Thread OP
I'd also go for a nice WWI bipe! Preferably US, British, or French. Either "UMX-plus" size w/the new 3600Kv UMX motor, or something around the size of E-flite's 1.1m Stearman.

Joel
Dec 02, 2018, 06:33 PM
Single engine 1.1 warbirds please. I would love to see a silver razor back P47 with the same wing as the original P47. We could use some silver replacement wings soon!
Dec 02, 2018, 06:44 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Thread OP
I'd also love to see 'em do a nicely-detailed Cessna O-2 "MixMaster". UMX or 1.1-1.5m size. With optional external stores. Definitely with scale Fowler flaps - plus the "broken chicken-leg" retracts on the larger version.

Cessna O-2 Skymaster flying display at Sanicole Airshow 2015 (9 min 27 sec)

Joel
Dec 02, 2018, 07:21 PM
oops wrongway
I'll put my vote in, re-release the Parkzone Mosquito.......
Dec 02, 2018, 07:33 PM
Arrowhead
More Balsa warbirds! Ideally in the 15cc-20cc size H9 has been releasing. A Hurricane, Sea Fury or FW-190 preferred. A twin like a Mosquito would be freakin awesome.

My “not holding my breath” wish list would include a Wildcat, Defiant, I-16 and a Lancaster. Again, H9 branded.
Dec 02, 2018, 08:04 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
I'd also go for a nice WWI bipe! Preferably US, British, or French. Either "UMX-plus" size w/the new 3600Kv UMX motor, or something around the size of E-flite's 1.1m Stearman.

Joel
That would be great! I maidened my UMX Cirrus today btw. Not a bad little plane, but I expected more speed out of that 3600kv motor and I am not even a speed guy.

GB
Dec 02, 2018, 09:09 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Thread OP
What pack did you use? I expect that there's a BIG difference in voltage-sag under load between, say, BabbelBatts & the "bargain" brands with the 3600Kv motor - as it draws more current with a given prop than the previous 2s bl UMX motors do with the same prop.

Joel
Dec 02, 2018, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinthing
Make that three votes for the WWI bipe. Maybe a Pfalz D-3; or a decent size Fokker D-8. Or a Fokker D-6. Heck, I'd settle for a two seater, like the Hanover or Roland. Thanks; Ernie P.

Quick Reply