Jun 16, 2021, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyBry View Post
It really is!

Prop diameters are measured tip-to-tip, right? How did that stock one end up measuring up?

Wondering if I should go a hair larger for a CNC aluminum prop that will be sharpened and balanced

I'm VERY new to RC boating so would love to hear other's thoughts on perhaps changing stock prop size on this boat

My apologies for taking forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2021, 12:06 PM
Thank you SO SO SO much angeloft!!

That's a pretty big prop! Searching online it appears to be a 2200KV motor.

I will order a 39mm CNC prop. I wonder if it could push a 40mm? I think I'll try and order one of those as well!
Jun 16, 2021, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyBry
Thank you SO SO SO much angeloft!!

That's a pretty big prop! Searching online it appears to be a 2200KV motor.

I will order a 39mm CNC prop. I wonder if it could push a 40mm? I think I'll try and order one of those as well!

You’re welcome bud… id say this is a 40mm prop.
I agree, the motor does seem to be a 2200kv.

Im a newbie myself. Ive seen people trying 2mm over stock successfully.
So I would shoot for 41mm or 42mm and keep and an eye on temps.

Running the arrow on 4s doesn’t make it over heat at all based on my own testing. So I think 42mm on 3s should be ok. Again this is all in my opinion, I might be wrong .

It might be fun to race
42mm on 3s vs stock prop on 4s…

Jun 16, 2021, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyBry
It really is!

Prop diameters are measured tip-to-tip, right? How did that stock one end up measuring up?

Wondering if I should go a hair larger for a CNC aluminum prop that will be sharpened and balanced

I'm VERY new to RC boating so would love to hear other's thoughts on perhaps changing stock prop size on this boat
BTW a CNC prop won't need sharpening or balancing. From what I've read of course.
Jun 16, 2021, 05:44 PM
Hey guys, new to this thread and this site in general but came across this thread and figured I'd share. I got an Arrow about a month ago and so far so good. I did break a prop from crashing it once but besides that everything has held up. I did change the plug to deans and made a little pigtail adapter thats deans on one end and the old banana on the other so that I can run it on my better charger that only connects to deans. I ran it on 4s for the first time today with everything else stock and the thing screamed. Only issue I had was a very good amount of water in the hull after the run on 4s. Anyone know what may be causing this? Possibly just coming up the shaft? Here's a couple photos of mine!
Jun 16, 2021, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwuth26
Hey guys, new to this thread and this site in general but came across this thread and figured I'd share. I got an Arrow about a month ago and so far so good. I did break a prop from crashing it once but besides that everything has held up. I did change the plug to deans and made a little pigtail adapter thats deans on one end and the old banana on the other so that I can run it on my better charger that only connects to deans. I ran it on 4s for the first time today with everything else stock and the thing screamed. Only issue I had was a very good amount of water in the hull after the run on 4s. Anyone know what may be causing this? Possibly just coming up the shaft? Here's a couple photos of mine!
Hey man, welcome to the threat, I would be willing to bet that the reason for the water inside the boat is the size of your 4s not allowing the lid to fully sit on the gasket. Try repositioning the battery closer to the middle of the boat and try again.
in a previous post pictures of how I made my battery stay in place and also a link for the same exact battery I'm using.
I hope that helps when on 4s if you capsize self-right the boat by only giving the boat forward throttle. Never back and forth. ( your ESC will thank you later)
Can you post a picture of your battery and masure it maybe?

I really like your graphics. It looks very cool!! Did you see mine? I went with automotive vinyl wrap.
Last edited by angeloft012; Jun 16, 2021 at 06:00 PM.
Jun 16, 2021, 06:48 PM
I did see them! They both looked very well done. However you get the vinyl cut so exact to fit the areas you wanted? And yeah it probably is the seal cause I was able to lock 3 out of the 4 locks and the one closest to batter i had to leave unlocked because it seemed that the underside tab of the lock wants to land right on the plastic loop of the strap so I can't get it down all the way to be able to lock it over. I did figure out if I kinda tilt that side into the locker first I can get it in and then do the other side but I am a bit worried about not being able to unlock it one of these times. Idk if the battery is just a bit too tall because it barely gives me enough clearance to get that lock over in place. Here's a photo of it in the boat and the height measurement of it.
Jun 16, 2021, 07:21 PM
Quote:
I did see them! They both looked very well done. However you get the vinyl cut so exact to fit the areas you wanted? And yeah it probably is the seal cause I was able to lock 3 out of the 4 locks and the one closest to batter i had to leave unlocked because it seemed that the underside tab of the lock wants to land right on the plastic loop of the strap so I can't get it down all the way to be able to lock it over. I did figure out if I kinda tilt that side into the locker first I can get it in and then do the other side but I am a bit worried about not being able to unlock it one of these times. Idk if the battery is just a bit too tall because it barely gives me enough clearance to get that lock over in place. Here's a photo of it in the boat and the height measurement of it.
Ok, there you go. We found your water leak
Check out reply #103 where I show exactly what I did to make sure the battery stays in place. Also just move the strap loop closer to the battery tray so that its completely out of your way. This way you should be able to secure all 4 locks just fine.
With the foam piece like I have it in reply #103 you will have no issues at all when unlocking that 4th tab. At least I haven't

Now to cut my vinyl I used vinyl cutting tape. Same thing they use for cars. You simply tape where you want to cut and then apply your vinyl. There are many YT videos on that.
Jun 16, 2021, 07:26 PM

UDiRC UDI005 Brushless High Speed up to 50kph Water Cooled RC Boat review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwuth26 View Post

Taking a better look at pic #3, your issue is the plastic loop. Just move that sucker all the way up before you strap your lipo in. Like this…
Thats a 4s on it now.

Jun 16, 2021, 08:10 PM
Yeah as soon as I posted that last message I started messing with it and felt like a complete dumby when I realized that strap could be adjusted forward or backwards 😂. I ended up adjusting it forward and was able to get everything locked up and unfortunately I didn't have any foam hear to wedge in like you did so I just took some adhesive velcro pieces and stacked them and was able to make a wedge back in there that holds the battery all the way to center. Just went and took it for another spin to see how it went. Had a little but of water but nothing major like before so I'm happy with it and thanks for the advice. I'm going to need to order some extra flex shafts cause I noticed a few small round wire pieces in bottom of hull that I'm guessing came from that flex shaft but it still seems to look in good condition. I am noticing a pretty loud squeal now and then if I just full throttle it too fast and don't ease into it a bit but idk if thats normal with the 4s being in it now or not. I'm going to upload a video of the run I just did and you'll hear the squeel around 25 seconds in and again later in video. You'll also get to see it completely dive under for a bit and come popping back up and your trick for just forward throttle worked perfect!
Jun 16, 2021, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Yeah as soon as I posted that last message I started messing with it and felt like a complete dumby when I realized that strap could be adjusted forward or backwards . I ended up adjusting it forward and was able to get everything locked up and unfortunately I didn't have any foam hear to wedge in like you did so I just took some adhesive velcro pieces and stacked them and was able to make a wedge back in there that holds the battery all the way to center. Just went and took it for another spin to see how it went. Had a little but of water but nothing major like before so I'm happy with it and thanks for the advice. I'm going to need to order some extra flex shafts cause I noticed a few small round wire pieces in bottom of hull that I'm guessing came from that flex shaft but it still seems to look in good condition. I am noticing a pretty loud squeal now and then if I just full throttle it too fast and don't ease into it a bit but idk if thats normal with the 4s being in it now or not. I'm going to upload a video of the run I just did and you'll hear the squeel around 25 seconds in and again later in video. You'll also get to see it completely dive under for a bit and come popping back up and your trick for just forward throttle worked perfect!

Im glad you’re getting your arrow sorted out man… i think the round things you see on the floor are from the straps… no way the flex is coming apart just like that… but do order some since they like coming apart at the prop end!

And the squeal is a bit of a known issue as well… read back on this thread, its got good info…
You need to heat shrink the wires going to the motor. Basically so that you dont see any metal. Does that make sense?

Jun 17, 2021, 12:00 AM
Awesome info in this thread - can't wait for mine to arrive.

I'm going to follow your thinking Angeloft and order a 42mm CNC prop for it ��

Before I forget to ask again - what kind of glue should I be using to mount things to the ABS hull?

Thinking things like a foam pad by the battery tray and some "pool noodle" foam to my hatch covers.
Jun 17, 2021, 04:52 PM
Yes, there really is good info on here for the arrow.

Hmmm, the glue of choice will really depend on what it is you're trying to secure.
FOr example: to hold the foam piece on the battery tray I used a hot glue gun, thinking If I ever need to run a wider battery, I can easily remove the foam piece out of the way.

another example. I upgraded my RX and TX and saw myself in the need of positioning the new RX away from the ESC as possible so I just used automotive grade 3m double-sided tape. It worked like a charm.

It secures the RX firmly in place and if you need to you can remove it without much effort.

To secure the pool noodle pieces I would use a hot glue gun generously. That should do it.
Jun 18, 2021, 12:31 AM
Angeloft012 i think I know what you're talking about with the shrink wrap. I remember seeing something about it earlier in the thread but ill have to open the boat up tomorrow and take a look at where exactly you mean. Will I have to undo these wires to slide the heat shrink on them and then replace and heat shrink it or is there another way of going about it without disconnecting the wires? Heres a quick clip of it!

udi005 4s (0 min 51 sec)
Jun 18, 2021, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwuth26 View Post
Angeloft012 i think I know what you're talking about with the shrink wrap. I remember seeing something about it earlier in the thread but ill have to open the boat up tomorrow and take a look at where exactly you mean. Will I have to undo these wires to slide the heat shrink on them and then replace and heat shrink it or is there another way of going about it without disconnecting the wires? Heres a quick clip of it!

https://youtu.be/cNIJu_aHqwM

Nice video man!

Just pull the black wires and slide about 1/4 inch of shrink wrap and that loud squeal will be history.

Quick Reply