This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 13, 2018, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the captures. I will have to try a R7. I have captured the R5, R5i, R6, R3, and REX12 - all with the same results. Like I said, its the transmitter itself that is actually missing the packets (not sending them)... but I suppose this could be because of the receiver.

I am using a DS16, but the DS24 and DC24 also do the exact same thing. FW 4.28 Lua on all of them. Rx firmware for all is v3.25. I wonder if there is a difference there? Maybe I should go back a version or two to see if the issue goes away. Maybe it's a Lua issue stealing too much CPU time or something odd like that.
Last edited by JimDrew; Dec 13, 2018 at 08:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2018, 03:02 PM
I do not have LUA FW installed.
Dec 14, 2018, 10:09 PM
Thread OP
Hmmm... I am going to install the exact same firmware you are using and see if the problem goes away... if so, then it would be the Lua stealing enough CPU time to cause the loss of data.
Dec 15, 2018, 02:03 AM
Thread OP
Downgrading my D16 from fw 4.28 Lua to 4.27 (standard) results in the exact same behavior of lost packets. I don't have an R7 to test, but it's not the Lua causing this. I will try downgrading the R3 fw to v3.23.
Dec 16, 2018, 11:30 PM
Thread OP
@jbentsen - how old is your DS16?
Last edited by JimDrew; Dec 17, 2018 at 12:00 AM.
Dec 17, 2018, 01:29 PM
One of the first in Denmark, so quite some time ago.
Dec 17, 2018, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbentsen
One of the first in Denmark, so quite some time ago.
If might be interesting to compare the HW IDs (System->Info) of the TXP/TXS and other modules we are all using.
I definitely see the losses, on both my DS-16 and DC-16. I have as long as i have tinkering and testing Jeti.

my DC info

Info1
Info2
Dec 17, 2018, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenjw
If might be interesting to compare the HW IDs (System->Info) of the TXP/TXS and other modules we are all using.
I definitely see the losses, on both my DS-16 and DC-16. I have as long as i have tinkering and testing Jeti.

my DC info

Attachment 11449785
Attachment 11449787
This is my TX information
Dec 17, 2018, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Hmm... I will compare mine. I wonder if the difference is between the European version and the North American version (non-FCC vs. FCC certified)?
Dec 18, 2018, 11:39 AM
Thread OP
So, it seems that the big difference is the COM HW version. jbenten has HW 2.93, where jcraven has 2.94 and I have 2.95.
Jan 02, 2019, 09:05 AM

Exbus and lost packets

I upgraded my XPS to firmware 2.0 as I needed the 24 channels capabilities.
Tx and Rx firmware using latest versions.
With the DS-24 this is what I have observed so far (testing in my home, with Tx just a few feet from the receivers):
1 ) single receiver in default mode. No lost packets being shown in the XPS screen.
2) two receivers in dual path. XPS reports lost frames from both receivers. However the "Total" count of lost frames shows zero. See image attached.

It is accurate to say that if the total lost frame count is zero , then we can disregard the individual receiver lost frame count?

Going to use this in a very expensive plane (Mibo A-10) in 2019, so somewhat paranoid in understanding this type of issues..

Thanks
Jan 02, 2019, 09:02 PM
A question about the packet loss issue. Would this have anything to do with the ex bus transmitting telemetry back? I thought there was something about that in the jeti ex bus documentation.

Just a thought.
Jan 03, 2019, 09:29 AM
Telemetry can be sent back when a received packet indicate that a response can be sent.
This can be either in a channel package or a specific telemetry request package.
On top of that there can also be a JetiBox request package asking for a response.

On my RX it dosen't matter if either of the options are used or not.
Jan 03, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
The problem is that over a period of time there is a shift in the receiver syncing. You will find that the total number of loss packets can start out as 0 or start out as a lot, and that changes (increases) over a period of time.

You are the only person I have see where a single receiver shows no lost packets! ALL of the JETI systems I have tested always show packet loss with a single receiver! Are you using JETI UDI mode or JETI ExBus mode?
Jan 03, 2019, 12:33 PM
Jim
Thanks for the clarification. It was a short test, so can’t say it will always be zero. I have another plane using XPS in UDI and the counter is like a clock!
With that said, can you address the difference between each receiver counter and the total one? Is the packet lost indicated by the total counter the one that I will experience while flying ?
Thanks

Quick Reply