This thread is privately moderated by Kmot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 29, 2018, 09:58 PM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Discussion

I killed my Beaver!

After nearly 5 years of ownership and many flights, I lost my Flyzone DH-2 Beaver to the RC demons on Wed 11-27-2018.

I was using a new Spektrum DX8 Gen 2 transmitter, with the same receiver that had always worked on my DX7s transmitter. Don't know what went wrong, but it acted like it went out of radio range and went into failsafe mode.

The fuselage is too damaged to repair. Firewall is broken, and it was molded inside the foam when the fuselage was made, so no easy way to replace it. The landing gear supports are twisted and broken out. The landing gear plate on one of them is all bent out of shape. The motor mount is bent severely. I just decided to pull the electronics out and call it a done deal.

Beaver Crash (3 min 38 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2018, 06:59 PM

Beaver

Man that is the definition of a bummer....nice rig, I feel your pain. Here’s the real tough question......do you stay with the gen2 transmitter?
Dec 03, 2018, 01:17 AM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
Yes I will stay with the Gen 2. I have thought about the situation and from some comments made in a forum here I think I had a few issues just compound things and it ended up like this. I have confidence in the transmitter though. Thanks for your comments.

Quick Reply