Nov 27, 2018, 10:15 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Discussion

Tgy CAT01 sensor

I purchased a Turnigy CAT01 altimeter sensor from HobbyKing a while back and use it on a motor glider with my FlySky i6 running qba667's firmware. It works very well, giving altitude onscreen and basic audio vario function. However when I check back with HK for some more, it is always out of stock. I assume the sensor is made by FlySky, but have not seen it even listed on any other site. Banggood has all the other fly sky branded sensors, but not the CAT01. Am I wrong and it is not FlySky built? Has anyone seen it available elsewhere?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2018, 07:06 PM
Grumpa Tom
Can't answer your question about where to find one, but as for mfg'r yes indeed the Turnigy items are made by FlySky for them.
Dec 18, 2018, 08:16 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
I remember the FlySky rep who was on here a while back mentioning that they had only a single factory and did batch builds of stuff. Perhaps that is the cause for extended out of stocks. In any case, I'm waiting "patiently" (or not!)
Feb 12, 2019, 04:47 PM
watching and waiting . Maybe its because the item has printed on it , - attitude sensor!
May 04, 2019, 10:13 PM
The altitude sensors are back in stock on Hobbyking.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/attitude...r-for-i10.html

springer, I've been trying to get one working with the same equipment that you mentioned, but no luck. I can get the FlySky i6 running qba667's firmware to display pressure, but none of the other parameters that you mentioned. Was there any trick to getting your setup to work?
May 19, 2019, 02:30 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Bast, there is a setup procedure that qba or someone described in the thread. Unfortunately it requires one to go to several pages and I can't remember the sequence. I did cut and paste it into a text file. When I get to the laptop, I will try to post it here for you. It involves going to the "extras" page and selecting then editing a couple items. Trying to describe it will just be confusing more, so I will shut up til I get to the file!
May 27, 2019, 10:41 AM
treefinder
Thread OP
Bast: here is a pdf of the file I mentioned:

Quick Reply