This thread is privately moderated by evildean, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 27, 2018, 09:51 PM
Trader Rating: 25
Blowtorch and a pair of pliers
Thread OP
$123,456.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

GL-Racing GLA and GLR mini-cars

Anyone familiar with the "GL-Racing" brand will be happy to hear I am a US distributor for "GL-Racing". Anyone familiar with "Mini-Z" mini car racing needs to hear about the "GL-racing" brand.
The GLA (all wheel drive) and the GLR (rear wheel drive) are the next evolution of mini scale racing chassis, 1:27/28.
These race winning chassis are easy to drive because to go faster, you first have to make it easier to handle! The fastest drivers at your nearest raceway will all be GL-Racing... and so should you!

I am attempting to keep in stock many of the items found at: http://gl-racing.com/store/ Everything I get is predominantly 98mm at the moment.
Email me... dean@gottapro.com and let me know what your looking for. I accept PayPal. If it is on hand I can ship USPS priority and have it to you in days not weeks.

Dean

Race at "Tracks Hobbies and Raceway" in Madison, WI 11/23/2018 (8 min 49 sec)
Last edited by evildean; Nov 29, 2018 at 07:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2018, 10:16 PM
Trader Rating: 12
Sweet. Sanwa the only rx option you have? And will you stock batteries?? I was going to hold out for the evo but this got my attention
Nov 30, 2018, 12:51 AM
Thread OP
ASF rx is the only one I have so far. I have a few GL-Racing 330mah lipos also. Not sure I have GLR immediately, but do have GLA all wheel drive. Keep in mind all kits require the RX and motor that are sold separately. Leaves open options similar to mini-z evo which has the advantage of using, most likely, Sanwa or ASF RXs to utilize superior radios. I have Mini-Zs but they require gobs of money to compete with any GL-Racing chassis. What do you most prefer... Building from kit, or almost ready to run? GLA or GLR?

Dean
Nov 30, 2018, 01:01 PM
I have always liked building from kits, but lately almost ready to run has been a better option as I don’t have much time to build. Right now radio has been an issue. I use spektrum for my 1/8th but thinking about switching so I can use one radio to run everything. And the mr03 lacks that. The evo seems to fix it and so does this. Although it looks like I’ll have to get a new radio lol. As for which one I’ve never tried an 4wd this small so might consider that, and I see it’s offered as almost ready to run.
Nov 30, 2018, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
I have been running the GLA 4wd and it is awesome. I will assemble a couple for the ready to run option which also includes the sensored esc and brushless motor. That is how I purchased it myself initially! Still need an RX of your choice though. I use ASF with a KoPropo EX6R radio and remain very happy with my choice. I do beleive there are suitable Spektrum RXs also, but have not researched it fully. Thank you for your interest and feedback. Keep me in mind if you decide to explore things on the GL side. The GLRs are freakin awesome also!

Dean

Dean
Nov 30, 2018, 09:15 PM
Thanks Dean, I think I might go the glr route in the next couple of weeks
Dec 06, 2018, 10:55 AM
Trader Rating: 9
I'm drooling over one of these in the upcoming weeks ..I'm hoping I can grab one soon
Dec 06, 2018, 11:37 PM
Thread OP
I have 5 GLA kits and 1 GLR kit in stock, and 5 more GLRs are on the way.

Question for all interested: What do you most prefer... Building from kit, or almost ready to run? GLA or GLR?
Dec 07, 2018, 12:42 PM
Trader Rating: 130
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Can I use Mini-Z bodies or it isn't compatible?
Dec 07, 2018, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutrc
Can I use Mini-Z bodies or it isn't compatible?
Yes. Any 98mm Mini-Z body. Side clips are included in chassis kit and the front clip from your choice of body mounts with two screws just like a Mini-Z.

Optional foam bumper kit with posts, clips, o-rings... everything needed for lexan body is also available. Part No. GLA-035 $11.90
Dec 07, 2018, 08:18 PM
Trader Rating: 130
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildean
Yes. Any 98mm Mini-Z body. Side clips are included in chassis kit and the front clip from your choice of body mounts with two screws just like a Mini-Z.

Optional foam bumper kit with posts, clips, o-rings... everything needed for lexan body is also available. Part No. GLA-035 $11.90
Thank you.
Dec 09, 2018, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildean
I have 5 GLA kits and 1 GLR kit in stock, and 5 more GLRs are on the way.

Question for all interested: What do you most prefer... Building from kit, or almost ready to run? GLA or GLR?
I’m interested in getting the glr kit with electronics w/o the rx when you get more in. I can build it.
Dec 09, 2018, 11:18 PM
Thread OP
I have one GLR kit ready to go now and five more coming in this week.
Dec 10, 2018, 11:19 PM
Thread OP
Ok, Three GLA and five GLR kits are now in stock. Plus rims, select tires, P1M lexan, Audi bodies, batteries, option parts for GLA, and more
Dec 24, 2018, 01:17 PM
Trader Rating: 0
i want to buy a glr or gla. which is faster on tight RCP track?

Quick Reply