PinionRC DID WHAT???

I checked my email this morning and could not believe what I was seeing. Read on to find out what PinionRC did.

Splash

Find out what PinionRC did to my order

So I broke my old Inductrix FPV+ over Thanksgiving and was looking around for something to replace it with. I remembered the article I wrote when the Emax TinyHawk was announced and thought it would be the perfect replacement. I searched around and found the first batches were pretty much all gone and sites had pre-orders set up for the 2nd batch.

I went ahead and placed an order to get on the list with a company I was familiar with, but there wasn't really any indication on how soon the next shipment would arrive. I'll admit I'm not a very patient person when I order a new product and I couldn't just forget about it until it showed up at my door someday in the future. So as I was browsing around RCGroups and reading up on the TinyHawk owners thread I saw a banner ad at the top advertising the TinyHawk. I thought, hmm, well maybe this company has them. There was no name on the banner, just the Tinyhawk, so I clicked it to see who was selling it and if they had any. Turns out the company was PinionRC, who I had never heard of before and why yes the site said they had some in stock!

I cancelled my other order and ordered it from PinionRC. The order went through, I got a confirmation and later got a shipment notification and tracking number. I was super happy and excited about getting to playing with a new drone this weekend. That is until I woke up this morning and saw an email from PinionRC.

The subject line on the email said "PinionRC Refund Notification." I thought, man they ran out or didn't actually have them and cancelled my order and refunded the money. My mind started racing, ok who could I order from now and actually get one, but before I got too far into that, I saw the email from Paypal saying I got a partial refund of $15. Ok that's weird, I only ordered the one thing so why did I get a partial refund? Then I saw a third email from Chris at PinionRC and it all became clear. Here's the email I got:

Hi, We would like to apologize, as we were late getting our Cyber Monday sales up and running. Your order was placed before the discount code was active, and you were not able to take advantage of the savings that became available later in the day. We have manually applied the Cyber Monday discount for you, and you should see the partial refund returned to your PayPal account.

Your tracking indicates that the package should be delivered by Thursday at 8:00PM

USPS Tracking Number: **********************************

Thanks again for your order, and hope you have a great day.

Chris

Support@pinionrc.com

PinionRC.com

I was actually floored reading that email. Who does that? They had my order, they had my money and I was happy to pay normal price for the TinyHawk. I didn't even think about or realize they were going to have a sale and I could save some money. They had no obligation to refund me any money, but they did. I really appreciate that and it says a lot to me about the character of Chris and PinionRC. Chris doesn't know I'm writing this and they certainly didn't know I was Jason Cole from RCGroups when the order came through. I was just a normal customer like anyone else and they went above and beyond what was necessary to make me a happy customer. WELL DONE!!!!

Check out PinionRC Here

Update!

WOW it gets even better! PinionRC just offered all RCGroups members 15% off an order, valid until the end of the year!

Just enter coupon code: THANKSJASON at checkout for 15% off your entire order!

• No minimum purchase
  • Limit one coupon per order
  • Limit one use per customer

Nov 27, 2018, 10:37 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Nice. Great to see this kind of community thinking.
I would like to add FLexRC to the list of companies that do the right thing. they have replaced frames with others from the line when the exact replacement wasn't available, then shipped out the propper replacement a week or so later after stock is in.
Nov 27, 2018, 11:11 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
That's really neat indeed.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Nov 27, 2018, 11:14 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Very very cool of them, and definitely not something you see every day.
Nov 27, 2018, 01:06 PM
We really need one of these stores in EU....
Nov 27, 2018, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words Jason, I was hoping for maybe a thank you email after applying the 15% refund. Never could have imagined the customer was actually an Admin on RCGroups, and was going to post an article about the refund! I knew I could offer good customer service, but it would still be a struggle to get people to even give a new company a chance. Thanks for giving us that chance Jason.

So, for everyone that missed out, I would like to extend the refund offer to everyone on RCGroups until the end of the year!

Just enter coupon code: THANKSJASON at checkout for 15% off your entire order!

No minimum purchase
Limit one coupon per order
Limit one use per customer
Nov 27, 2018, 07:08 PM
RCG Admin
That's awesome Chris. I added that info to the article above. We wish you the best!
Nov 27, 2018, 07:48 PM
Bring it Down!!
What a fantastic company! I had never heard of them, but they gained me as a future customer, that's for sure!
Latest blog entry: LBLA S5 FPV Drone
Nov 28, 2018, 12:58 AM
Sometimes you will find out smaller companies surpass the bigger ones that's how they keep a good name with a really nice boss too.
Nov 28, 2018, 01:32 AM
After seeing this article I am going to the website to see about ordering something really great company it sounds like!!
Nov 28, 2018, 01:36 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcCharly

+1

Mostly stuck with German and UK stores here, and these tend to charge top dollar. Sometimes it's even cheaper, with shipping cost added, and customs duties, to get something from US instead. Not just for RC, but if you have kids, and want something from Lego, it's also much cheaper in the US. Which is odd, because much of the components are produced in the EU...
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Nov 28, 2018, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcCharly
UK store https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/drones/
Nov 28, 2018, 11:33 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
I know who to order my Hobbyking esc’s from.
Latest blog entry: My newest!
Nov 30, 2018, 09:41 AM
I'll definitely be ordering from these guys again! I ordered after reading Jasons experience but missed they still had a coupon code. I was sad I missed out on the $15 but it was my fault I missed the code so I went on with my day.

30 min later I received an email they refunded me $15!!!!
Dec 03, 2018, 01:16 AM
Old newb
And......

Out of stock

Quick Reply