Nov 27, 2018, 09:21 AM
I design your eyes!
Thread OP
Discussion

Snapped off USB port on New Taranis X-Lite ....

Photo below. While it was my 6 year old who did this in a moment of sillyness (he's learning to fly Acro in LiftOff, doing real well), I can see this happening to anyone who uses the usb port for simulator work.. I'd recommend opening your X-Lite and improving the solder either side of the usb mount (which hold it on), as it's not very strong.

In terms of a solution, well a new mainboard is $53.20 USD. Ouch!! While I can solder, I'm no Louis Rossman, so this looks impossible to me. Sure, it turns on and I can fly with it, but without being able to learn with the same controller in LiftOff, it's not a good solution. My son has his own cheap Flysky, he'll be using that from now on.

If anyone else had this problem and solved it in some novel way I haven't thought of, please let me know.

to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2018, 08:54 PM
If it were me I would try to reattach and solder to the pins where the traces used to go. I realize that this is not easy but it's doable if you have better than average soldering skills or have access to someone that does.

Quick Reply