RCG Place of the Month - Hobby Stop

This month's featured Place is Hobby Stop located in Rock Hill, South Carolina. This hobby shop was founded in 1992 by brothers Jim and Don Faris.

Splash

RCGroups November Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Hobby Stop located in Rock Hill, South Carolina. This hobby shop was founded in 1992 by brothers Jim and Don Faris. They have a 3800 sq ft showroom filled with a vast array of hobby supplies including tons of kits, parts and accessories. They have a knowledgeable staff and 3 awesome looking race tracks! They have a large dirt track, and 2 paved tracks including a super speedway style as well as a touring track. If you are in the area, you need to go check it out.

Check out the Hobby Stop Places Page

Nov 26, 2018, 02:31 PM
Landing is not optional
Only about an hour away from me, I'll have to go check it out!
Nov 26, 2018, 09:27 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
haha I have been to this shop as well !!!
Very nice shop owners , inventory varies depending on the time of year but the staff is super helpful , caring and connected .
They tried helping me with some motor parts the last time I was in .
I always buy something , always when I am in the place ! .

For those of you flying in to Charlotte its an easy 35 min ride at max , and there are plenty of places to stop or eat along the way !
Nov 27, 2018, 10:40 PM

Hobby Stop

I stop in about once a month for props, spinners, and connectors, and it seems like they always have what Iím looking for. The guys are very nice, and they are always very helpful!
Nov 27, 2018, 11:41 PM
Back in 1996, I lived in Gastonia NC and would go here all the time. I miss not living near there. I ran both off road and Nascar under the lights....that was fun. If I remember, we ran the oval Friday nights, onroad Saturday, and offroad Sunday. Well I no longer have that pesky wife, maybe I should move back.
Nov 28, 2018, 01:19 AM

way cool

i'm newish to this "sport". my wife and I went to Bass Pro shop to buy a plane of craigslist. got talking to the guy about where he buys his stuff.
Hobby Shop, spoke very highly of them. Obviously, we had to go the extra 10 minutes down the road to check it out. totally blown away.
not big by a Hobby Town standard, but loaded with whatever you need.
gentleman greeted me at the door with a big ole grin and a hand shake. we're not in Kansas anymore Toto.
flight simulator 10 feet from the door for you to play/learn on.

building supplies, technical knowledge, you name it, they got it.

multitudes of planes hanging from the ceiling. boxes of new planes of all shapes and size, and, prices are reasonable.

if you're in the neighborhood, it's a definite stop.
Nov 30, 2018, 12:44 AM
Nice hobby shop, very helpful staff!
Dec 01, 2018, 05:03 PM
Win some lose some
Very very nice people. I raced, on- road , off-road and oval there many times. Great place. Easy to get to >I-77 Exit 77. The high banked concrete oval is a absolute blast to run on.
Dec 09, 2018, 12:34 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways

A Full RC LHS

They are our only area LHS that specializes solely on RC n static models of all kinds still in business which says ALOT,!!! (GREAT going fellas,!),.. given the state of our hobbies now a days,!!! Dare I say the "Official LHS" of Queen City Model Yacht Club here in Charlotte,!! Many of us hav Non boat interests as well n they keep us supplied. They often have kits that are out of production or hard to come across on the shelves in stock,(I once saw )3 o 4 Lindberg Blue devil Destroyer kits @ the same time on a top shelf in the boat area,!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Dec 12, 2018, 05:02 PM
HobbyView/RCRoundtable
Neat to see this place mentioned. Quite a nice place. I used to make a point to visit whenever visiting family in the area.
Personal story: I briefly had a summer job there back in the mid 90's as an announcer for the Speedway track. They apparently liked my voice for some reason.
Dec 14, 2018, 06:00 AM
Win some lose some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz Walker
Neat to see this place mentioned. Quite a nice place. I used to make a point to visit whenever visiting family in the area.
Personal story: I briefly had a summer job there back in the mid 90's as an announcer for the Speedway track. They apparently liked my voice for some reason.
Do you remember Rodger Douglas , Charlie Yates or Richie King?

Quick Reply