This thread is privately moderated by winchdoc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 23, 2018, 03:16 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Thread OP
Discussion

Cutting a CNC mold

Today is the day after thanksgiving. Also know as Black Friday.
For me the black in Black Friday is the black residue from polishing aluminum.
Im grateful to be here doing this instead of what I was doing last year.
Last year I was in the middle of a 6 month round of chemo and all that it entails. Food tastes good
again, Im regaining my strength, and everything is about as good as I can expect.

I feel like getting that round tuit and doing projects I have meant to do sometime
This week I programmed and machined a mold to layup Rotor fins.
Last edited by winchdoc; Nov 23, 2018 at 06:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2018, 09:44 PM
Very nice!

Do you mind me asking: Is there a reason you went span wise rather than chord wise?
Dec 05, 2018, 10:01 AM
Yes, ALL your money...
Thread OP
The mold is open on both ends, so it seemed logical to be changing directions off of the part.
There is also a data transmission consideration; chord wise toolpath would result in very short blocks of movement.
My system has 1980s technology and speedy data is a choke point.
Dec 05, 2018, 02:36 PM
A dream will find you

Nice work Winchdoc

You do good work sir. Well done indeed.

I noticed Killercando with canopy brake bling. You back into that as well? Most excellent.

Quick Reply