Aug 18, 2019, 05:40 AM
mwd
mwd
Quote:
ESC isn't loud enough to compete with the crickets in the grass. Forget using it as a beeper.
Having a Mobula7 with its beeper spoiled me. The lack of a good beeper on the Trashcan forced me to sideline it until I ordered a buzzer and finally got a chance to solder it in. While I had it opened up, I applied a conformal coating as well. Plugged the batteries and was delighted to hear real beeps!

Since you've done so many mods to yours, why not add a real buzzer? It would be a shame to lose that after all that work.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 02:51 PM

Trashcan XT30 mod -failed ESC

I didn't get to to this thread in time to find out about the issues running 2s (xt30 mod). I now have 1 fried ESC. I was running BETAFPV 350mAh 2s XT30
50% of the time and GNB 300mAh 2S with XT30 Plug the other 50%. I also lost video early on apparently I needed to put some tape on the antenna connection so it wouldn't short out. So much for reading instructions and setting it up out of the box! Anyone know what Banggood will do for me? I mean they are selling the upgraded xt30 wire with the huge capaciter as a work around so clearly they are aware there is a problem.

thanks
Aug 23, 2019, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom23
I didn't get to to this thread in time to find out about the issues running 2s (xt30 mod). I now have 1 fried ESC. I was running BETAFPV 350mAh 2s XT30
50% of the time and GNB 300mAh 2S with XT30 Plug the other 50%. I also lost video early on apparently I needed to put some tape on the antenna connection so it wouldn't short out. So much for reading instructions and setting it up out of the box! Anyone know what Banggood will do for me? I mean they are selling the upgraded xt30 wire with the huge capaciter as a work around so clearly they are aware there is a problem.

thanks
Did the FC come with a XT30 cable you could solder yourself? if it did and it did not have a uf100 i woulda asked for a refund.Because this is not the customers fault.They shoulda known about the problem before they sell it out to the customers.I bought a crazybee F4 v2.0 on ali, and that FC came with a XT30 with capasitator on.Some stores have the "old box" with no capasitator included.Happymodel/Crazybee shoulda told the stores/sellers to include a cable with XT30 on to avoid the problem.Or atleast informed about it when the customer bought it.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:09 PM
FireHawx
I bought mine a month ago (it's been great!) and it included the xt30 pigtail with the capacitor already soldered on. The camera has been great after I put some foam tape underneath. My only complaint is the has washout which many of these whoops suffer from. After I moved the battery more forward (not centered) it has almost completely fixed the issue. I think we are carrying too much weight for the little whoops. I am using tattu 450 2s packs.
Aug 24, 2019, 01:50 AM
Yes the weight is key I these things, the mobula7 uses 2x250mah which is much lighter and never gets the washout problem.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:24 AM

XT30 was provided-NO capaciter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askezonorway
Did the FC come with a XT30 cable you could solder yourself? if it did and it did not have a uf100 i woulda asked for a refund.Because this is not the customers fault.They shoulda known about the problem before they sell it out to the customers.I bought a crazybee F4 v2.0 on ali, and that FC came with a XT30 with capasitator on.Some stores have the "old box" with no capasitator included.Happymodel/Crazybee shoulda told the stores/sellers to include a cable with XT30 on to avoid the problem.Or atleast informed about it when the customer bought it.
I soldered on the XT30 myself. The cable did not have a capaciter on it!
Aug 24, 2019, 09:52 PM
Quote:
I soldered on the XT30 myself. The cable did not have a capaciter on it!

if it was in the box with the fc and without an uf100 cap i woulda tried to ask for a refund.All who sells these FC's know about the problem, so it shouldnt be so hard to put a xt30 cable with an capasitator on before they send it to the customer.

if you dont get a refund upgrade ur whoop with one of these instead:

https://www.xt-xinte.com/Happymodel-...e-p658763.html

https://www.xt-xinte.com/LDARC-25-5M...n-p652467.html

https://www.xt-xinte.com/iFlight-Suc...r-p625203.html

upgraded to 10 & 12 and 2-4S

The new crazybee F4 2-4S is even cheaper than the old fly and burn boards.I havent heard anything than positive reviews from people who have tried that FC.(Happymodel Larva and Eachine cinecan uses it)
Aug 25, 2019, 08:44 PM

xt30 without uf100cap

Quote:
if it was in the box with the fc and without an uf100 cap i woulda tried to ask for a refund.All who sells these FC's know about the problem, so it shouldnt be so hard to put a xt30 cable with an capasitator on before they send it to the customer.

if you dont get a refund upgrade ur whoop with one of these instead:

https://www.xt-xinte.com/LDARC-25-5M...n-p652467.html

https://www.xt-xinte.com/iFlight-Suc...r-p625203.html

upgraded to 10 & 12 and 2-4S

The new crazybee F4 2-4S is even cheaper than the old fly and burn boards.I havent heard anything than positive reviews from people who have tried that FC.(Happymodel Larva and Eachine cinecan uses it)
Ya xt30 cable came in the box, no uf100cap included
Aug 26, 2019, 10:18 AM

No Gyro

It seems like I've killed my flight controller after a pretty good smack into a tree. Betaflight is reporting no gyro. Has anyone seen this?

If I do have to replace it, can you buy the one that comes in the tc from someplace other than bg? The ones I've seen at rdq don't appear to look like the one I have.
Aug 26, 2019, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
It seems like I've killed my flight controller after a pretty good smack into a tree. Betaflight is reporting no gyro. Has anyone seen this?

If I do have to replace it, can you buy the one that comes in the tc from someplace other than bg? The ones I've seen at rdq don't appear to look like the one I have.
https://www.xt-xinte.com/Happymodel-...5-p575335.html

but i woulda upgraded it with this:

it's also a lower price on it, and it's 10amp and 2-4s
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(try to reflash ur FC if it dont find the gyro, dont think it works.But could be worth a try)
Last edited by Askezonorway; Aug 26, 2019 at 02:35 PM.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:08 PM

Banggood offers 6% coupon for defective trashcan -gee thanks

Quote:
Banggood must be kidding a 6% coupon for my defective trashcan.
Aug 26, 2019, 07:49 PM
i think the fc and the cap is really just quality control from happymodel

i have 2x trashcans from very early early builds, in fact 1 board doesnt even look like the other, they were both immediately ran on xt30 and have gone through 100 packs with no issues, this was back last year in winter time and both going fine with no cap installed
Aug 26, 2019, 09:45 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Banggood must be kidding a 6% coupon for my defective trashcan.
BG is not a store like walmart. it is a lose knit conglomeration of random tiny separate assembly rooms. each with its own problems, shortcoming and, even strengths in some rare cases. unfortunately there's is no way of knowing which you will be dealing with when you order, unlike on ali or ebay.

6-10% is a pretty standard first offer from "BG". you may need to file a PP claim if they wont give you a equitable refund.
Aug 27, 2019, 07:52 AM
Quote:
https://www.xt-xinte.com/Happymodel-...5-p575335.html

but i woulda upgraded it with this:

it's also a lower price on it, and it's 10amp and 2-4s
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(try to reflash ur FC if it dont find the gyro, dont think it works.But could be worth a try)
yeah I've tried reflashing it and it didn't help. thanks for the suggestion, though.

Have you installed a v3 in a trashcan? I'm a little worried that the vtx solder points aren't in the same place as the original board. it looks like it might be tough to get the wires in the right spot.
Aug 27, 2019, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
BG is not a store like walmart. it is a lose knit conglomeration of random tiny separate assembly rooms. each with its own problems, shortcoming and, even strengths in some rare cases. unfortunately there's is no way of knowing which you will be dealing with when you order, unlike on ali or ebay.

6-10% is a pretty standard first offer from "BG". you may need to file a PP claim if they wont give you a equitable refund.
Speaking of PayPal claims and Banggood. I've refuted multiple cases against BG the latest trend is they will make you send in your defective items in order to get a refund. Im actually heading out to the Post Office at lunch to see how much shipping is going to cost to China. LOL it will probabbly be more expensive to ship out my defective items that the actual cost of the product. In the past depending on the circumstance they might send you a free replacement or component but it seems lately the CS is getting worse than it's been. Also if you bought your item from the US warehouse they will most likely have you ship it to NJ which in theory get your refund a bit quicker. Bare in mind once you escalate through PP they act as a liaison and you quickly loose control if they act in the vendor's favor your going to be SOL . I've had better luck disputing cases with my Credit Card company where they refund your money while they review the case etc... In other words your innocent until proven guilty. With PayPal is your guilty until you prove your Innocent.

Quick Reply