Nov 20, 2018, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Bird of Time kit instructions needed

Greetings all - I just purchased a older Bird of Time kit (label says Mark's Models but "Dynaflite" is printed on the box).
Bugs have eaten the assembly manual. Does anyone have the manual left over and is willing to part with it?
Or, I would gladly pay for copying and postage if you plan to keep it. It is no longer available from Dynaflite directly,
despite being listed on the accessories list at their website.
Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2018, 04:18 PM
Thread OP
Outstanding - thanks very much.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Nov 20, 2018, 08:41 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
be aware, that manual may not match up entirely to what you have in the box.

Dynaflite redesigned the kit in the late 90's.
Nov 20, 2018, 10:23 PM
Going in circles.
I've built both the Mark's Models and the Dynaflite kits. The elevator linkage is different. I think the nose block area was a little different. The rest was pretty much the same if I recall. You may find you want to deviate from the manual regardless. It's not the best, but it's better than nothing I suppose.
Nov 21, 2018, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
mawz and Glider Jim,
Thanks for taking the time and your input. I also have the original construction article from RCM. One way or another I will get it together.
Have a happy Thanksgiving you guys.
Nov 23, 2018, 11:56 AM
Balsa breaks better
Here is the Mark's Models version for posterity and the next poor soul that comes looking . . . ;>)

I added the Al Doig version . . . ;>)

Joe
Last edited by Thermaler; Nov 23, 2018 at 04:58 PM.
Nov 24, 2018, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Thermaler,
Thanks very, very much for taking the time to post the two instruction manuals. You are obviously a student and historian of the hobby. I remember Al Doig as the RCM soaring columnist and was surprised that he had written a manual, and not Dave Thornburg.
I will put them both to good use.
Thanks again,
Craig
Nov 24, 2018, 10:26 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCRAIG View Post
Thermaler,
Thanks very, very much for taking the time to post the two instruction manuals. You are obviously a student and historian of the hobby. I remember Al Doig as the RCM soaring columnist and was surprised that he had written a manual, and not Dave Thornburg.
I will put them both to good use.
Thanks again,
Craig
You are welcome. I have a Marks Models kit that came with both and a scanner so . . .
I wonder how much different an original Dave Thornburg kit instructions are?

Check out the thread I started in the Sailplane forum R/C Soaring History.
Started out with me posting Soaring columns from back in the day and has since had a wealth of info added by the guys that lived it . . .

Joe
Nov 25, 2018, 07:21 PM
Thread OP
Joe,
I have the original magazine article by Dave Thornburg. Would you like a copy? I am not expert about scanning, so it may take a day or two.
I will definitely check out your thread sometime as well.
Craig
Nov 28, 2018, 04:38 AM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCRAIG View Post
Joe,
I have the original magazine article by Dave Thornburg. Would you like a copy? I am not expert about scanning, so it may take a day or two.
I will definitely check out your thread sometime as well.
Craig
Thanks Craig but I have that issue around here someplace and will ad it too when I find it . . . ;>)

Joe
Dec 04, 2018, 01:13 AM
Outerzone has the RCM article:
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2093

Quick Reply