Nov 28, 2018, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alset
Right. The manual is the thing right now. I would like to order a few, but I don't like surprises, especially bad ones. When I can read the manual, I will order them.
Yep, like those Spektrum AR6300 clones with no connection info shown. For some reason they decided to change the +/-/signal pin order. Who would guess that correctly without knowing, given that the overall layout is the same. Getting it wrong destroys the unit.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2018, 05:22 AM
hdowding

Manual for rx

Quote:
The manual is the thing right now. I would like to order a few, but I don't like surprises, especially bad ones. When I can read the manual, I will order them.
I e-mailed this comment to Jon of Oversky yesterday. Here's his answer:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Harvey,
Thanks so much for your email. We will make a manual as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Jon Zhang

[email protected]
www.overskyrc.com
Address:Room 1202,Unit 1, Building B,Tianli Hao Yuan,No.179, Fazhan Road Jianghan District Wuhan Hubei China
Tel and Fax:0086-27-83645378
Mobile:13972660809
QQ:540381028 Skype:aeotech
Facebook: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
My Emailed info request is unanswered 2 days on .... a bit worrying.
I sometimes get answers pretty quickly, as above. A couple of times I got no response. Just email him again, or try one of the other ways of contacting Jon shown above. Maybe even Skype him. I don't do Facebook (or Skype), so I don't know if sending email to the Oversky Facebook page gets you a speedier reply. FWIW, I find it somewhat encouraging that this outfit lists complete contact info and an actual physical address. These haven't changed in over five years.
Last edited by hdowding; Nov 29, 2018 at 05:34 AM.
Nov 29, 2018, 11:32 AM
Thank you.. Will wait on the Manual's release then, as it's been promised / not yet ready for prime time.
Was worrying there wasn't one, either existing or planned.
My copy Rx is unlikely to be delivered until after the holidays, expedited mails not withstanding... so no genuine need.. yet
Dec 26, 2018, 11:10 AM
The Junk Man
Mine came today.

But unfortunately there is still no manual on the site, nor any instructions regarding setting up the stabilization parameters.

Nor any information about the cryptic "Supports online updating".

I did not buy through Banggood, but went there thinking they might have more info. What a joke. When someone asked about a manual on the Banggood site, Banggoods idiotic response was "Hello, we have written all the information in product description, what other infos you need?"

"Infos" Gotta love Chinglish.

Tom
Last edited by T_om; Dec 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM.
Dec 26, 2018, 11:47 AM
hdowding

no manual yet for AR-5202-X

In the hopes of prodding Jon (of Oversky) to produce the manual, I just e-mailed him Tom's comment and suggested that he post some sort of information in this thread. Count me among those who want a manual.

(OTOH, there are no manuals for quite a few HH receivers. I wish there were.)

Harvey
Dec 26, 2018, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdowding
. Count me among those who want a manual.
Harvey
I think maybe we will get a manual as soon as they figure out how it works.
Dec 26, 2018, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_om
Mine came today

Tom
Hmmm... Mine hasn't .
Did receive a 'lost' Banggood order the other day tho... ~ 3 1/2 months ! in transit.
Only upside was they had refunded me
Labelling suggested it was transhipped from LAOS.
What those Banggood idiots won't do to try to save a Rimbi.

IMO a 90% chance mine will not get here within the "guaranteed' 60 days.
So I will at least get a Refund... on what is seeming to have been a foolish purchase.
Jan 14, 2019, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdowding
I e-mailed this comment to Jon of Oversky yesterday. Here's his answer:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Harvey,
Thanks so much for your email. We will make a manual as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Jon Zhang

[email protected]
www.overskyrc.com
Address:Room 1202,Unit 1, Building B,Tianli Hao Yuan,No.179, Fazhan Road Jianghan District Wuhan Hubei China
Tel and Fax:0086-27-83645378
Mobile:13972660809
QQ:540381028 Skype:aeotech
Facebook: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sometimes get answers pretty quickly, as above. A couple of times I got no response. Just email him again, or try one of the other ways of contacting Jon shown above. Maybe even Skype him. I don't do Facebook (or Skype), so I don't know if sending email to the Oversky Facebook page gets you a speedier reply. FWIW, I find it somewhat encouraging that this outfit lists complete contact info and an actual physical address. These haven't changed in over five years.
I pushed my engineer for the manual many times, he always replied working on it but never come out, I pushed him today again.

Thank you!

Jon
Jan 18, 2019, 05:58 PM
I just received one of these with the DSM2/DSMX Receiver.
Everything worked, however, the Aileron and Elevator Channels will actuate together no matter which stick input you give.
Must be an Undocumented Feature ;-)
I'll be getting a refund on this one.
That's too bad as I was really hoping to convert one of my micro planes to brushless with this board.
Jan 19, 2019, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YXmotor
I pushed my engineer for the manual many times, he always replied working on it but never come out ... .
Loss of control.

How in this (business) world would/could a company put a product on the for-sale shelf without directions? I can understand a limited beta (bleeding edge) issue for select testers, but what's happening here is bound to cause frustration and not-so-kind feelings toward Oversky ... from folks not as patient/understanding as most in this thread.

Gene K
Last edited by speedy01; Jan 19, 2019 at 06:01 PM.
Jan 19, 2019, 05:26 PM

I just performed a Bench Test on this AR5202-A Receiver

I just performed a Bench Test on this AR5202-A Receiver

It seems it's setup internally for Elevon Mixing for a Wing!
You cannot override this with your Transmitter Programming.
It appears you would need the proprietary software from OverSky and a Programming Cable to fix this.

I just posted my video on this Receiver:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvBO9fMpPhU

See you in the Air!
Jan 19, 2019, 07:55 PM
The Junk Man
Seriously? You expect a company so incompetent they can't even produce a user guide or manual to provide programming capability?

Tom

PS: Well done video by the way. At least you can use yours on a RET model instead of trashing it.
Last edited by T_om; Jan 19, 2019 at 08:13 PM.
Jan 19, 2019, 08:12 PM
I'm not familiar with OverSky.
Their name was not even mentioned on the product page.
Most receivers are pretty straight forward and I've never had a receiver that couldn't be programmed with a transmitter until this one.
I'm familiar with OverSky now ;-)
But seriously, most of the RC stuff I buy, even if it comes with a guide or manual, the instructions are usually pretty worthless anyway ;-)
If I had known anything about this receiver was proprietary I would not have purchased it.
I'm a Linux user, I hate proprietary stuff ;-)
Jan 19, 2019, 09:34 PM
------
Quote:
I'm not familiar with OverSky.
Their name was not even mentioned on the product page.
OverSky is just the dealer.
Jan 20, 2019, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
OverSky is just the dealer.
Yes, you can say that again! we are one feet away from the manufacturer
Thank you!

Quick Reply