Nov 20, 2018, 01:26 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
Thread OP
New Product

New AR5202-X Brushless "Brick" from Oversky

It looks like Oversky's new brushless "brick," the AR5202-X, just went on sale at BG. This brick was previously only available with their Atlas-450 and Mini S-27 BNF planes.

https://www.banggood.com/AR5202-X-In...p-1364305.html

The AR5202-X is also available directly on the official Oversky website:
http://www.overskyrc.com/ar5202x-int...nes-p-824.html

The AR5202-X comes with a choice of FrSky D8, DSMX/DSM2, or Futaba SFHSS control/RX protocols, with stabilization/self-leveling and built-in 4A brushless ESC. There are no built-in servos. So you'll have to pick and add your own linear or micro servos to the mix, as needed.

The RX/ESC weighs in at 4.2g. So I think a FrSky VD5M RX and separate 1g BL ESC may still be marginally lighter. Of course, then you won't get the stabilization/self-leveling. In any case, it's good to have an additional option for fixed wing micro brushless builds.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Nov 20, 2018 at 02:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2018, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
PS: There is a thread about testing this brick and some info from Oversky in the FPV Equipment section. That's where I originally found out about it. However, it only went up for sale on BG in the last day or two.
Nov 20, 2018, 02:01 PM
hdowding

Oversky rx

FWIW, even though the Banggood price is $4 lower and you get free shipping, I'd sooner order this rx direct from Oversky than take my chances with Banggood. For starters, Banggood's three-day return or replacement policy (you have three days from the date of receipt to return the rx) for this item is not reassuring. For another, while my communications with Banggood CS don't ever seem to go anywhere but offers of largely useless "free points", Jon of Oversky (RCGroups username YXmotor) has answered my e-mails promptly and informatively. I haven't had any defective products (ESCs, BL motors) from Oversky, so I can't comment on the quality of their customer service if a problem does arise.

Harvey
Last edited by hdowding; Nov 20, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
Nov 20, 2018, 02:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdowding
FWIW, even though the Banggood price is $4 lower and you get free shipping, I'd sooner order this rx direct from Oversky than take my chances with Banggood.
Good point, Harvey! I didn't mean to imply BG is the only or best source to buy from. It's just the first place I stumbled across it for sale and in stock.

Here's a direct link to the AR5202-X on the Oversky website. I'll add it to OP above as well.
http://www.overskyrc.com/ar5202x-int...nes-p-824.html

Good place to pick up a bunch of other integrated micro RC electronics at the same time.
Last edited by Brainstorm; Nov 20, 2018 at 02:38 PM.
Nov 20, 2018, 04:47 PM
Formerly Yellow Baron
Let me get this straight,

That's a 6 ch receiver with a 4A, 2S, brushless ESC, with some AS3X-like stabilization feature. For under $30?
Nov 20, 2018, 09:48 PM
Wait a minute. A 4A ESC for use in an up to 160g plane? What 4A motor could power a 160g plane?
Nov 21, 2018, 10:38 AM
The Junk Man
Note it requires 2-cell power.

Tom
Nov 21, 2018, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdowding
FWIW, even though the Banggood price is $4 lower and you get free shipping, I'd sooner order this rx direct from Oversky than take my chances with Banggood.
Took your advice Harvey, but after the Oversky shipping charge and the PayPal "Tax" , combined with the higher list price, the total is almost $10 more. Next time, I'll take my chances with Banggood.

Gene K
Nov 21, 2018, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alset
Wait a minute. A 4A ESC for use in an up to 160g plane? What 4A motor could power a 160g plane?
Tempting Gizmo... very tempting.
Share the Concerns with BG ... 2 seperate Receiver orders have gone not arrived... grrr.
Finally, 3 months later I've received a refund on One... so far.
Makes Ebay seem extremely Customer oriented

PS; An Hextronic (HK) 1811 does 4A 2s on a 160gms Model... happily.
Nov 21, 2018, 02:36 PM
------
Agreed Bare, the 1811 has lot of guts and very thrifty on current!
Nov 21, 2018, 04:26 PM
Still trying to figure this thing out. Wary of unknown or unexpected surprises
Does this unit Work with a Frsky DHT tx module ? In theory it should .. But?
Finding the 3 (plus solder holes) plug connections for power as confusing
Where does one plug in this up to main battery power. .. presumption being that the things BEC does actually feed all the stuff on the board and Servos.
What are the 5 volt outs? for... FPV gear.. viewing the rx connection there is confusing.
Last edited by Bare; Nov 21, 2018 at 05:47 PM.
Nov 22, 2018, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
Still trying to figure this thing out. Wary of unknown or unexpected surprises
Does this unit Work with a Frsky DHT tx module ? In theory it should .. But?
Finding the 3 (plus solder holes) plug connections for power as confusing
Where does one plug in this up to main battery power. .. presumption being that the things BEC does actually feed all the stuff on the board and Servos.
What are the 5 volt outs? for... FPV gear.. viewing the rx connection there is confusing.
The following is the answer:
Yes, it can work with a Frsky DHT tx module. There are two kinds of battery plug, one is the big white connector on the board, the other is the + - soldering ports on the left side of the white connector, customers can solder any kind of power cable connector to the ports. The onboard BEC 5V can supply power for all the stuff on the board including servo, an outside flight control board and an outside VTX.

Thank you!

Jon Zhang
Last edited by YXmotor; Nov 22, 2018 at 08:19 PM.
Nov 22, 2018, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
PS; An Hextronic (HK) 1811 does 4A 2s on a 160gms Model... happily.
So presumably a low Kv 1811 and this brick could be retrofitted into an old Flyzone Aircore warbird (about 110 g) and expect success? Any opinions?
Nov 23, 2018, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alset
So presumably a low Kv 1811 and this brick could be retrofitted into an old Flyzone Aircore warbird (about 110 g) and expect success? Any opinions?
It would be ok for max 6A and constant current below 4A. The biggest motorsize we connected with AR5202 was 1306(KV3000)
Thank you!
Nov 23, 2018, 05:49 PM
The horizontal dimensions of the brick state 32.8 x 30 mm. So which dimension is the width and which is the length (to mount it so the SR3X can be used)? I am asking because in one of the planes I want to use it in the width can't be more than 30mm.

Quick Reply