Full disclosure, not sponsored
Mmmmmm tasty......
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2018, 11:28 PM
Where is the lift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blytle
From TOSS website:

“Second -- Fliers must keep away from the houses to the left of the launch area and not fly over or beyond Westlake Blvd. Thie boundaries of this no-fly zone are published at the kiosk by the launch are. Boundaries will be enforced.”

—————————————————

My opinion is that no fly zones make things more interesting. Everyone has to deal with them the same way. Poway is a great example that being a good neighbor and observing no-fly areas still makes for a great contest.

I’ve attached my guess. But I’ve never flown there.
interesting assessment.

Charlie
Nov 26, 2018, 10:59 AM
Team Crunch Brothers
Thread OP
Yes the no fly zone is there, but it does not impact flying. Prevailing winds are from the west, so there's no real need to fly that side anyway. The flying site is on a mesa with a gentle slope that isn't consistent enough to reliably generate lift. Should make for a challenging contest.

And its in the middle of a real city, so there's good 2.5 star hotels up to the Four Seasons (for Seid if he wants to live it up) And real restaurants too...

-l
Nov 27, 2018, 04:01 PM
Blind Hawk
Airline ticket bought.

Have the contest fees been established?

Will there be sign up in F3X Vault?

Rj
Nov 29, 2018, 01:55 AM
Team Crunch Brothers
Thread OP
Registration is open on the Vault, and the first post has been updated for details.

Congrats to our first paid entry goes to Mati on the condition he brings back the blue ball!
Nov 30, 2018, 12:23 AM
subscribed...
Dec 01, 2018, 08:22 PM
I am so in!
Toby has agreed to launch for me, and we will be gunning for the team of LeMon and Finch.
See you there.
Dec 01, 2018, 08:41 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
Kai!!!
Doooo eeeet
Dec 03, 2018, 10:54 AM
O H I O
I’m only coming if Gavin will be there.
Dec 03, 2018, 12:41 PM
This is on my list… really hope I can actually make it this time!
Dec 05, 2018, 01:18 PM
Team Crunch Brothers
Thread OP
Thomas! Would be great to have you come down!

-l
Dec 06, 2018, 12:48 PM
Really wish I could make it. JE taught me how to discus launch and dlg basics back in the day... such a great guy...
Dec 07, 2018, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Mal_Bond
I’m only coming if Gavin will be there.
Gavin who? Not familiar with any Gavin.
Dec 07, 2018, 12:37 AM
Does the field suck?
Will the dates change?
Will there be "dinner" at a sports bar?
Will there be a dead large animal at the entrance to the field to mark the turn in?
Will there be some wicked food poising from Subway available on site?
Is there a massive no fly zone?
Will Greg and Mati be allowed to use their 2S powered gliders so long as they only start motors once out of earshot?
Will Jun be there?
Will Toby time for me in the Fly offs?
Will the Maurer continue his long standing boycott of the greatest contest of the year?
Will there be some type of apocalyptic end of days type thing within 1 week of the event within 50 miles of the site?
Will there be a Quality Inn available that doubles as a "Cops" ABQ division filming location?
Does Mati still have the Blue Ballz?

If Lex gives me thumbs up to almost all these questions I'm in.
Dec 07, 2018, 01:42 AM
Brett
As a member of the T.O.S.S. club, I can answer a couple of these:

There's a Subway within a mile of the field. Go nuts.

We've already had an apocalyptic end of days type thing within a mile of the field just last month. Hopefully that fulfills our quota.

Quick Reply