Nov 18, 2018, 08:04 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Bait Boat Electrics Problem

Hi.

I am looking for a solution for replacing the receiver on an Angling Technics Standard Bait Boat.

It has 3 jets. The left and right jets provide forward differential thrust and the centre jet is for reverse, This is all done from a single ESC.
Also the bait doors are operated from a third ESC.
I have tried a Flysky FS-CT6B, using the recommended settings for Differential Thrust but there is some incompatibility.
Would I be advised to replace the setup with individual ESCs ?
The original receiver is a ACOMS 2 channel one which has an added circuit board for this model.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2018, 04:35 AM
I would expect the Acoms set to be very basic, so the replacement would need to be as basic. It should be a question of figuring out which of the channels on the new receiver correspond to the Acoms ones.
On a 2 channel set, channel 1 is rudder (right stick left/right), 2 is throttle (left stick, forward/back). I would pretend that "channel" was the throttle and 3 the "rudder" on the 2G4 radio. It is very likely that the control board supplied does all the clever stuff, trying to put extra cleverness into the system at the transmitter won't work.
The two radios should give very similar outputs, so anything that plugs into one and works should work the same in the other.

Quick Reply