This thread is privately moderated by davidmc36, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 17, 2018, 06:57 AM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP
Build Log

Graupner Scimitar Speed Rebuild

There is a nice little boat hiding under there still.

Found a complete drive, 3:1. Would like to have a 2:1 also. Can't seem to find just gears.

Might go retro if the Speed Control is still viable. Worked well when new.

This guy made a beauty retro:

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_...106509&id=3226
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2018, 08:03 AM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP

Speed Control Looks Good

Able to break down and fully clean. Nice.
Nov 17, 2018, 09:16 AM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP

Not Original Motor

The commutator is like new. Resistance is consistent. Even get a few runs out of the brushes.
Nov 17, 2018, 10:37 AM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP

Full Throttle?

I checked out the speed control for smoothness and it only goes down to 0.48 ohms.

I was thinking of a micro switch in parallel that is tripped at the last bit of travel to provide a low resistance path.
Nov 17, 2018, 06:13 PM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP

The throw is adjustable.

I can change how much movement is needed to move the SC by sliding the arm.

With new servos going in I can determine how much throw the servo has, set the SC arm length to match, and start with a default setup in TX so very little alterations will be needed.

Servo can then be installed in position that keeps push rod perpendicular. With the low torque needed I could also use one of the adjustable arms on the servo for total fine tuning.
Nov 17, 2018, 06:55 PM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP

Old Achool

I still have the first servos it was fit with. The other two are in an ElectriCub wing.
Nov 18, 2018, 05:44 AM
No bounce, No play.
Thread OP

DX3S Powered

An older DX3S Tx is not obsolete. I can even make the fixed trim tabs remote adjustable using an Arduino, CH3 and Remote Start on the Tx. AUX chenges the direction and the momentary Remote Start Button inches the servo.

Quick Reply