This thread is privately moderated by Panhead5496, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 15, 2018, 11:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My RC Garage: Land Vehicles (trucks, cars, etc)

Hi everyone, thought I'd make a few blog entries to show my current RC collection: one for land vehicles 1/10 and larger, one for land vehicles smaller than 1/10, one for boats, and one for flying RCs.

Feel free to comment or ask questions!

First up is LAND VEHICLES: Company name, vehicle model, where I bought it from, and anything interesting about it. Trying to do most recent to oldest, but may get slightly out of order

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3: Purchased from a member here on RCG. 4x4 4s 1/8 truck...it is huge and powerful. With the rainy weather I've had lately I haven't been able to run it, but the tire marks in the basement attest to the power edit* I finally had some nice weather to take the truck out. It certainly performed as I expected! Wheelies everywhere, flew through the air very well, and took some rather large crashes like a champ. If you have an opportunity to buy one I highly recommend it! New favorite truck.

HPI Bullet Flux ST: Traded with a member here on RCG for it. 1/10 scale 3s capable 4x4 stadium truck. On the smaller for side for 1/10, but very fast and tough. It jumps very well!

ECX Ruckus: purchased from a member here on RCG. 1/10 2wd brushed monster truck. Currently have it set up for running on sand at the lake house. Haven't been able to test it on sand yet, but should be fun.

ExceedRC Maxstone: 1/5 (yes, 1/5 scale!) rock crawler. Purchased used on eBay. 4x4, MOA (motor on axle, so 2 brushed motors), runs on a 2s lipo and gets close to a hour runtime. Literally climbs up my front porch stairs! I haven't been able to use this crawler to its full extent with the weather/work/school, but I have big plans for it. Going to add rear steer, better servos, lights, etc. Stay tuned for this one.

Traxxas Stampede 2wd: Purchased from a member here on RCG. Was an older model Stampede in nice shape. I added all metal transmission gears, a few RPM parts, 2.8" tires, and most importantly a generic eBay brushless system. One of my favorite bashers...2s 5000 mah lipo gives me nearly 40 minutes drive time. Very fun to drive and does wheelies all over the place.

Traxxas Slash 4x4: Purchased from a member here on RCG. If someone asked me my #1 go-to basher, it would be the Slash. Fast, durable, versatile, and just handles very nicely. Only run 2s so hardly ever any breakages. Really fun truck and one of my favorites!

DHK Zombie: Purchased from rchobbyexplosion.com 1/8 brushless brushless truggy (monster truck tires and body with truggy chassis). Runs on 3s. The very first 1/8 truck I ever bought! I don’t beat on it too hard now but it still is fun to drive. Had this truck for probably 6 years now!

more coming soon...stay tuned
Last edited by Panhead5496; Dec 30, 2018 at 01:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2019, 11:06 PM
Thread OP
Reserved
Mar 19, 2019, 12:09 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Not sure on how you organize your land runners, but I saw this and had to do it...

Thought you might be interested!

Cheers
Mar 19, 2019, 12:46 AM
Thread OP
I have them stacked on shelves, the floor, in furniture...wherever there is room!

But that's a really cool idea.

What truck is that?? It looks pretty sweet.
Mar 19, 2019, 12:58 AM
RC Rhymes With Beer
Haha, I feel, that, if you have free wall space, it works really well! I am using the Bjarnum coat hooks from Ikea. I found someon doing it online super randomly and it got it super excited. haha

Pack of 3 for 10 bucks, so 2 sets gets you 3 hooks sets. Not bad for 20 bucks and the "Floating effect".

That is the Losi Rock Rey. Hands down my favorite vehicle I have owned. It does everything, I've run it through over a foot of water, lots and lots (and LOTS) of snow. Complete basher, and I finally broke something on it. I honestly am surprised it lasted as long as it did. And the only reason it broke was that it went off a 15-foot jump and landed on with most of the pressure on a rear wheel in 15-degree weather. Seriously worth every penny.
Mar 19, 2019, 01:15 AM
Thread OP
Sweet man, I'll have to look into them! It looks awesome.
Old Jan 03, 2020, 06:00 PM
Panhead5496235
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).

Quick Reply