Jun 11, 2019, 04:29 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Thread OP
That's what I thought.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2019, 04:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Sounds quieter to me..

You know, it's too bad there's so little room to get your hands in there to hook up batteries etc...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 11, 2019, 05:06 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Sounds quieter to me..

You know, it's too bad there's so little room to get your hands in there to hook up batteries etc...

SteveT.
It was quieter. Mainly because it's a 1000 revs down on where it should be. The noise is very different and I have to say I like it.
Jun 13, 2019, 07:44 AM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Looks slightly better with the 6" Kavans. Would be great if Kavan made a 8" wheel.
Good second day out with the MTBM last evening. Have the flaps dialed in and have the crow on a 'combo' switch so both the switch needs to be active and throttle less than 33%, so I have a bail out if needed. May adjust to throttle above 66% later down the road.
Jun 13, 2019, 09:11 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Looks good Suds. On the 84 TBM I put my crow on the trainer switch with a slight delay. Works good for me—bailout is easy. No way to get “stuck” in crow accidentally.
Jun 13, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suds
Looks slightly better with the 6" Kavans. Would be great if Kavan made a 8" wheel.
Agreed--I put the 6" Kavans on mine too. Sullivan makes a nice looking 7 & 8" aluminum hub wheel, but oooof, they're heavy....
Jun 13, 2019, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
Looks good Suds. On the 84 TBM I put my crow on the trainer switch with a slight delay. Works good for me—bailout is easy. No way to get “stuck” in crow accidentally.
Thought about that as well but might be doing some buddy box work in the future with this one so I went the combo switch+throttle option.
Jun 13, 2019, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo69cowboy
Agreed--I put the 6" Kavans on mine too. Sullivan makes a nice looking 7 & 8" aluminum hub wheel, but oooof, they're heavy....
I looked at those and like you decided it wasn't worth the weight gain.
Jun 13, 2019, 04:33 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Thread OP
I like the look of my 6" Kavans. Couldnfind any decent bigger wheels over here either
Jun 13, 2019, 06:45 PM
FM
FM
No Static
I totally like the look of my 6" kavans. The real planes look tiny!
Jun 25, 2019, 02:42 AM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Thread OP

Latest StinGr flight

Got my new batteries to try and flew them for the first time last evening. NOW we're getting somewhere. Definitely more power in the vertical. We're not talking silly stupid like my 60 or 74 Slicks but enough extra to give that little bit of confidence power. Bigger prop creates a lot of air movement. Flew past in a low pass and as I accelerated away the breeze was right in my face! Cool.....

Anyway another video of my sub par flying. The StinGr unit also sounds really, really cool.

Mega Bushmaster and StinGr (10 min 5 sec)
Jun 25, 2019, 01:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Very nice Chris!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jun 25, 2019, 04:25 PM
"BIG" Vyper Addicted
Thread OP
Ta very much.
Jun 25, 2019, 04:49 PM
Lookin' and soundin' good!
Jul 02, 2019, 10:51 PM
Just got my MTBM delivered today. Damn freight company was suppose to deliver yesterday as they have called me last week and scheduled a delivery for Monday between 10am - 2pm as that’s the only available time slot. Waited patiently but no one showed yesterday, called them after 2pm and was told it will be delivered instead the next day. Today, I did not come to work again just to accept delivery and still no one shows up until 2pm. Called them again and I was told the driver forgot to load them, I told their dispatch I did not go to work for 2 days waiting for the delivery and I can’t stay home again for another day as I have to go to work the next day so she put me on hold while she talk to her manager. Finally I was told they will send another driver to do the delivery, and did get it at 7PM.

Build will start this weekend and hoping to maiden it next week.

Quick Reply