24th Scale RC Excavator

I came across this video the other day and just thought this RC Excavator was super cool for only $50.

24th Scale RC Excavator

Check out this RC Excavator

I came across this video the other day and just thought this RC Excavator was super cool for only $50. It's 1/24th scale and it looks like it has some weight to it. The tracks are made from rubber and should be able to drive over many obstacles and varied terrain. It works similar to a real excavator with multiple controls that will be a blast to play with. It should hold up to some abuse too, being made from aluminum and plastic. It sounds like a perfect Christmas gift for kids, but come on, you know you will be playing with it too.

The Excavator uses a 2.4Ghz radio for control with about a 50M range and it runs on a NiCd battery that provides 20 minutes of fun per charge. It has lights, sounds and full motion proportional controls. I really can't believe it's only $50. Check out the video below to see it in action.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:13 AM
They also have a full metal one too. The drives on these are really weak and you can't do much with it but they make mods for them to make them stronger. But for 50 bucks it's still a good deal.

Dallas
Nov 16, 2018, 01:23 AM
The 580 is full metal with metal geared linear actuators. It definitely has enough power to dig without stalling on the clutch... But the 580 is $450-750 depending on where you buy it from.

I have the 580 and it works great.
Nov 20, 2018, 09:12 AM
My 5 year old daughter and I both got one for Christmas from Santa for some light sandbox use. They are cheaper yet on Wish.com... maybe a bit suspiciously cheap.

edit: Also the video above is the $500 Huina 580. The $30 (or $50 from Gearbest) excavator is the el-cheapo Huina 1550. It looks waaay more clunky than the nice smooth movement of the excavator in the video, but looks like it would still work.

Here's a video on how to mod the cheap one into something a little more usable

Huina Metal Strength Main Arm Second Arm Bucket Arm Driving Rod for RC Excavator (12 min 1 sec)

Huina Metal Strength Main Arm Second Arm Bucket Arm Driving Rod for RC Excavator (16 min 17 sec)
Last edited by parajared; Nov 20, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply