Jul 12, 2019, 10:17 AM
annefernee
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrodingers cat
Mis-labeled as far as my experience goes

I've had several mini stacks come in the micro stack (16x16 2-4S) box

The 20x20 tower is 2-6S

Oh and also here's a picture of the pepperfish rx on a 20x20 succex fc
Damn, that Pepperfish makes the 20x20 board look huge.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2019, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Mis-labeled as far as my experience goes

I've had several mini stacks come in the micro stack (16x16 2-4S) box

The 20x20 tower is 2-6S

Oh and also here's a picture of the pepperfish rx on a 20x20 succex fc
First, Thanks!
as my story goes:
I received the 2-4s marked 20x20 Succex and complained to BG, then PP and got 55 of my 68 Euros back and got to keep it.
BG couldn't contact the supplier to get a clue? I can't be the only guy having this prob.

Anyone else second that the 20x20 is 6s capable?
I'll start building then.
As this is my first build, I heard the pads are pretty tiny. Anything else I should be concerned about?
"I'm going in!" \o/
Last edited by iksobarg; Jul 14, 2019 at 03:00 PM.
Jul 14, 2019, 07:41 PM
the people squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksobarg
First, Thanks!
as my story goes:
I received the 2-4s marked 20x20 Succex and complained to BG, then PP and got 55 of my 68 Euros back and got to keep it.
BG couldn't contact the supplier to get a clue? I can't be the only guy having this prob.

Anyone else second that the 20x20 is 6s capable?
I'll start building then.
As this is my first build, I heard the pads are pretty tiny. Anything else I should be concerned about?
"I'm going in!" \o/

I think it's actually written on the esc "2-6S 35A"

I've had issues with the Succex lately, I'm starting to wonder if there was a bad batch of escs released.

Issues include strange resonance behavior that feels like bad gyro but actually as far as I can garner is actually (and bizarrely) esc related

You will know if it is ok or not; it will either behave properly or not straight away. Sadly, I'm steering away from the Succex mini stacks for now, it has cost me too much development time and money.

Of the 20x20 stacks of mine that have been ok, I have indeed run them on 5 and 6S and they have been good
Jul 15, 2019, 12:27 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
I think it's actually written on the esc "2-6S 35A"

I've had issues with the Succex lately, I'm starting to wonder if there was a bad batch of escs released.

Issues include strange resonance behavior that feels like bad gyro but actually as far as I can garner is actually (and bizarrely) esc related

You will know if it is ok or not; it will either behave properly or not straight away. Sadly, I'm steering away from the Succex mini stacks for now, it has cost me too much development time and money.

Of the 20x20 stacks of mine that have been ok, I have indeed run them on 5 and 6S and they have been good

Does this show itself as some shuddering around a certain throttle value? I have the same with a quad using the V2 of this tower. I tried to improve soft mounting of the stack, but that made no real difference.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 15, 2019, 04:38 AM
the people squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Does this show itself as some shuddering around a certain throttle value? I have the same with a quad using the V2 of this tower. I tried to improve soft mounting of the stack, but that made no real difference.
Yes, it can manifest in various degrees although you may not be experiencing the issues I've encountered. You may be just having filtering issues that are related to the chassis rather than the stack. If you found no way to filter out your shuddering, I would certainly start to suspect that you might have a hardware related issue too.

I reckon I've used more than 12 of these setups (the first 6 or so setups were outstanding), and of the last 5 there has been some degree of strange behaviour
I have had issues where the esc somehow causes the fc to have a regulator chip meltdown, I've got at least 3 fcs with this issue, (usually taking out the rx too) I've had minor resonances prior to the fcs igniting. The last 2 escs didn't torch the fcs, however had horrific resonance issues which seemed very likely to fc related, however, that's when I tried a different brand fc (known good) with the succex esc and was staggered to discover the issue still there. I never would have guessed it could be esc related, but by sheer persistence and process of elimination I found this to be the issue.

A shot of some of the useless components

You can see all those fcs are damaged (chip near usb)

Escs all appear ok but all have the devil inside, the setup on the quad also is faulty and yet to be replaced (with other gear)
Jul 15, 2019, 07:20 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Strange indeed. I do notice quite a bit of motor noise/ESC feedback when punching the throttle. Even though there is a low ESR cap installed. Did you also experience this? It might be the cause for these high failure rates.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 17, 2019, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Strange indeed. I do notice quite a bit of motor noise/ESC feedback when punching the throttle. Even though there is a low ESR cap installed. Did you also experience this? It might be the cause for these high failure rates.
Hey guys, that's awful news to be reading just now with having just started this build.
I'm not backing out now though.
I downloaded the Stack FC/ESC Schematic but...
I do need help with sorting out EXACTLY how to wire up a separate VTX module to the FC.
Looking on my own but now also see that BG sent me the stack without VTX when I ordered the one with...
-.-
AND Do I need to use the VTX adapter in pic 3? and how to plug the pictured VTX module into that?
Think I'm just going to have to order the stock iflight vtx(?)

Many thanks \o
Last edited by iksobarg; Jul 17, 2019 at 03:00 PM.
Jul 17, 2019, 08:23 PM
Team Crash
Has anyone wired up a non stock vtx to the flight controller? I just got the fc and esc and I am not sure of the correct way to wire up a different vtx.
Jul 18, 2019, 11:33 AM
This stock iflight VTX (bottom side) is a clue. So we now know what is what but the two connections per circuit mean in and out (?) but which direction?
Help! o.O
Last edited by iksobarg; Jul 18, 2019 at 12:53 PM.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:42 PM
the people squad
Quote:
This stock iflight VTX (bottom side) is a clue. So we now know what is what but the two connections per circuit mean in and out (?) but which direction?
Help! o.O
I have one or two 16x16 vtxs (succex) floating around, if you dm me I'm happy to send them to you for nothing

You could probably adapt them (plug it straight on and use maybe some double sided tape)
Jul 19, 2019, 03:25 AM
Quote:
I have one or two 16x16 vtxs (succex) floating around, if you dm me I'm happy to send them to you for nothing

You could probably adapt them (plug it straight on and use maybe some double sided tape)
You're Golden, thank you very much. PM'd.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:28 AM
BLHeli suite doesn't recognize the ESCs. I hit read setup and it doesn't proceed to show me the ESCs. I just get
"Reading Setup FInished"
I'm on BF 3.5.7
Reflash BF? or maybe reinstall BLHeli Suite?
Last edited by iksobarg; Jul 19, 2019 at 02:21 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:42 AM
Team Crash
I was able to get mine to connect to blheli suite.

Quote:
BLHeli suite doesn't recognize the ESCs. I hit read setup and it doesn't proceed to show me the ESCs. I just get
"Reading Setup FInished"
I'm on BF 3.5.7
Reflash BF? or maybe reinstall BLHeli Suite?

I'm not too concerned as I know the backup would be to swap motor wires but exactly which wires should I swap?
Jul 19, 2019, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
I was able to get mine to connect to blheli suite.
I swapped motor wires. I'm good.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:10 AM
Troubleshooting mine as it flies (can't even fly and barely hover) likes it's really drunk / impaired.
Update: the FC wasn't snug tight against bottom plate
AND now I'm still wondering why the ESCs don't show on BLheli Suite.
Reflashing the FC now.
Last edited by iksobarg; Jul 22, 2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quick Reply