Racing Drone Films Extreme Sports

Drones are changing industries everywhere and we are talking more than just traditional cinematography or package delivery. I'm talking about racing style drones being used to film extreme sports.

Splash

Watch This Drone Film Freestyle Motocross

Drones are changing industries everywhere and we are talking more than just traditional cinematography or package delivery. I'm talking about freestyle and racing drones being used to film extreme sports. These drones are smaller, faster and more nimble than traditional filming drones, not to mention way more durable. That allows them to be flown closer with unique angles and around obstacles that no other drone is capable of. It takes great skill, but when you apply that to extreme sports like motocross, then you end up with the amazing drone shots seen in the video below.

In that video Tom Pagès is riding the bike while Tom 'Tomz' Panaiva is flying the drone, great stuff guys! I love how this video shows creative and positive uses of drones. As action cameras get closer to serious production quality video in smaller and lighter packages, I'm sure we'll see even more shots just like these.

Nov 13, 2018, 03:11 PM
Impressive indeed!
Nov 14, 2018, 10:53 AM
run
run
Cooooooooooooooool! thanks for posting about this.
I really like freestyle FPV generally, but chasing people like this is where I have the most fun. I've chased / raced people on motorcycles in the woods and it's tons of fun (partly because they're wearing protective clothing and it's a *little* safer to get closer).

It's amazing how much buffeting you get by following closely... i think this is part of the reason the pilot in this often can be seen following off center. But i think the GoPro 7's stabilization helps with this a lot (so I've been told).
Nov 15, 2018, 08:10 AM
Wow, that's really cool! No way you can do that with an ordinary AP quadcopter.
Nov 15, 2018, 07:08 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Now this is the sort of post that belongs in "model aircraft and drone advocacy"!
Nov 16, 2018, 03:18 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
Now this is the sort of post that belongs in "model aircraft and drone advocacy"!
Yes
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Nov 17, 2018, 10:35 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
That’s cool.
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book
Nov 18, 2018, 06:13 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Unbelievable! Now I feel totally inadequate...
Nov 18, 2018, 10:15 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
Unbelievable! Now I feel totally inadequate...
Ha! Maybe this will make you feel better.

Epic Drone Crash & Fail Compilation 25, 2018 (10 min 15 sec)
Nov 19, 2018, 12:43 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Lol, maybe i dont need to go hide in a cupboard after all.
I fly mostly fully autonomously now so I don't crash any more. What does that say? (Pixhawk flies better than I do)
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Nov 19, 2018 at 12:50 AM.

Quick Reply