RC Trucks Drives Under Ice - Crazy Video!

OK, this is pretty cool, an RC truck that drives on, into and under a frozen pond. Can your truck do this?

Splash

Does Your Truck Have Submarine Mode? This One Does.

OK, this is pretty cool, an RC truck that drives on, into and under a frozen pond. The video is a couple of years old and has more than 28 million views, but I wanted to share it again just in case you haven't seen it yet.

This guy takes his Axial SCX10 RC truck with a Tamiya Toyota Hilux body, after waterproofing the living heck out of it, and drives it down into a hole in the ice. You can see it under the ice completely submerged and watch it drive along about 8ft down the shore to another hole where the truck pops back out and keeps on driving. It really goes to show what is possible with a good waterproofing job. If you want to be able to run your truck anywhere, even underwater without worry, make sure you waterproof it properly first and your truck will keep on trucking.

Nov 13, 2018, 03:13 PM
Wow,
These videos are great! Keep them coming.
Nov 13, 2018, 04:49 PM
Go Cocks!
Never had any interest whatsoever to have an RC car/truck ---- But after seeing this - I want one .....LOL!

That drifting on the ice was trick!
Nov 13, 2018, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab
Never had any interest whatsoever to have an RC car/truck ---- But after seeing this - I want one .....LOL!

That drifting on the ice was trick!
Drifting is fun. I had a Kyosho Mini-Z with drift wheels, and made a little living room slick track.
Nov 13, 2018, 09:30 PM
That is insanely cool, wow that's amazing.
Nov 15, 2018, 06:51 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Why did it take 2 years for this to get noticed? Glad this video now here gets the credit it deserves, it's pretty cool (literally as well) to see this.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Nov 26, 2018, 09:24 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Pretty sweet.
How about putting a bunch of foam in car or truck, then driving it upside down , on the bottom surface of the ice?!

id probably have to reverse the steering controls ...
Nov 28, 2018, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Why did it take 2 years for this to get noticed? Glad this video now here gets the credit it deserves, it's pretty cool (literally as well) to see this.
It only was "not" noticed by OP and others who do not do rock crawling.

I've seen it 50 times before now, and they dont show the rust, the tire foams destroyed and goodness knows what else went south - right after he did this. Unless of course he did an immediate tear down and rebuild.

Axial did an excellent blog post on their site about "waterproofing" and I encourage everyone here to read it.

http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073909484

Quick Reply