Thread Tools
Nov 10, 2018, 10:47 PM
Registered User
T.D.'s Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

How about a LTUP donation thread for the California fire victims?


Thuy and I are sending some respirators with extra filters and some cash to: https://uwba.org/give/

"United Way of Wine Country and United Way Bay Area have formed the The United Ways’ Northern California Wildfire Relief and Recovery Fund. The fund will provide immediate and long-term recovery assistance to North Bay residents affected by the wildfires that have spread throughout the region. Go to www.uwba.org/donate and enter WILDFIRE in the comments section) or text “WILDFIRE” to 40403 to make a pledge. All proceeds go to relief and recovery efforts."

Link to page for giving options: http://fortune.com/2017/10/12/how-to...rn-california/



T.D.
Nov 10, 2018, 11:50 PM
Registered User
A worthy cause. Thanks for posting this.
Nov 11, 2018, 12:24 AM
Registered User
Peacemakr40's Avatar
Great idea and I'd trust United Way way more than anything doing with the American Red Cross.
Nov 11, 2018, 01:26 AM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Curtis in Texas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.D.
Thuy and I . . .
T.D.
Who?
Nov 11, 2018, 01:28 AM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Curtis in Texas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee
A worthy cause. Thanks for posting this.
A non committal post.
Nov 11, 2018, 01:30 AM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Curtis in Texas's Avatar
More than 15 months later, there are still Hurricane Harvey recovery victims so my donations will stay local.
Nov 11, 2018, 01:35 AM
Registered User
T.D.'s Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in Texas
Who?

My wife.
Nov 11, 2018, 01:46 AM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Curtis in Texas's Avatar
^^ Got it.
Nov 11, 2018, 02:55 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacemakr40
Great idea and I'd trust United Way way more than anything doing with the American Red Cross.
I would not trust the United Way on anything. They are more of a clearing house that donates money to actual charities after taking their cut. Better to give direct to an actual charity.
Nov 11, 2018, 06:46 AM
Registered User
My impression is that all those wealthy Hollywood actors, actresses, film makers, etc. are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and their neighbors. After all, sending them money would amount to the same thing as giving the filthy rich people a,"TAX BREAK". Wild fires and mudslides are just part of what one must accept to live in exclusive neighborhoods with a 15+ million dollar view, mustent one? Besides, within an hour, most of them would be relocated to their second, third, or fourth property. Think about this: Would the Kardashians send you money if the roles were reversed? Msybe The Clinton Foundation can help them out.
Latest blog entry: My first blog entry
Nov 11, 2018, 07:04 AM
Registered User
Greybird's Avatar
Maybe if they would spend more money towards forestry management, instead of importing and supporting illegals, the fires would have stops and less kindling for fuel.
Nov 11, 2018, 07:06 AM
Multirotor geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
I would not trust the United Way on anything. They are more of a clearing house that donates money to actual charities after taking their cut. Better to give direct to an actual charity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer1
My impression is that all those wealthy Hollywood actors, actresses, film makers, etc. are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and their neighbors. After all, sending them money would amount to the same thing as giving the filthy rich people a,"TAX BREAK". Wild fires and mudslides are just part of what one must accept to live in exclusive neighborhoods with a 15+ million dollar view, mustent one? Besides, within an hour, most of them would be relocated to their second, third, or fourth property. Think about this: Would the Kardashians send you money if the roles were reversed? Msybe The Clinton Foundation can help them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird
Maybe if they would spend more money towards forestry management, instead of importing and supporting illegals, the fires would have stops and less kindling for fuel.
Truth



Clyde
Nov 11, 2018, 10:02 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in Texas
A non committal post.
???
Nov 11, 2018, 11:50 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
DenverJayhawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer1
My impression is that all those wealthy Hollywood actors, actresses, film makers, etc. are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and their neighbors. After all, sending them money would amount to the same thing as giving the filthy rich people a,"TAX BREAK". Wild fires and mudslides are just part of what one must accept to live in exclusive neighborhoods with a 15+ million dollar view, mustent one? Besides, within an hour, most of them would be relocated to their second, third, or fourth property. Think about this: Would the Kardashians send you money if the roles were reversed? Msybe The Clinton Foundation can help them out.
Because everyone in Cali is either wealthy or famous.

MAGA thinking 101
Nov 11, 2018, 12:13 PM
Multirotor geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Because everyone in Cali is either wealthy or famous.

MAGA thinking 101
That's because there's so much wealth inequality in Kalifornistan. Those celebrities and Pro sports people aren't sharing in their profits, or paying enough in taxes.

Clyde


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestion Suggestion: New Thread Limit (for LTUP) lymon Site Suggestions / Complaints 2 Jul 06, 2016 07:57 AM
Discussion People on LTUP believe that all threads are about US election or Muslims perttime Life, The Universe, and Politics 31 Mar 25, 2016 07:02 AM
Help for one Fire Victim Paul Susbauer Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Oct 30, 2003 05:06 PM