This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 10, 2018, 05:35 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Flaps or flaperons for the FT Radian

I flew the old Radian in places that required confined space landings and steep approach angles. I made 12 inch long flaps and they worked but I wanted more flap area to get more lift and drag. I experimented with a segmented flap design so that the curved trailing edge could use hinges but not bind when flaps were deployed. I found a plastic tube and music wire that acts as a trailing edge coupler. Now the majority of the Radian trailing edge can be used for a flap or flaperon. Servos can be imbedded into the fuselage sides or into the wing panels. Since the FT Radian requires the light plugs be connected I think a 4 pin plug could support the positive and negative power requirements of the lights and servo. The fourth pin would be for the flaperon signal wire. Deans makes a small black or red 4 pin connector that would require soldering. Here are some pics of the flaps and a removable wing tip for a 62 inch wingspan sport wing.

I will post build pics when I start the project.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply