Jul 13, 2020, 02:54 PM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Oh, nice! Good luck with the project.
I think you can find LM front wheels so diameter is slightly smaller (I think 18mm) to achieve that looks.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2020, 02:18 PM
Thank you for your help I see know that Kennon has MRC but with clear body
Aug 06, 2020, 08:27 AM
My e-clip on the differential of my Q2 was broken, so I ordered a new MRC differential but the axle is shorter than the original on the SinoHobby .

Anybody got a clue which differential or rear axle I can use on on the Sinohobby Q2 ?

Or where I can find the size and replacment e-clips ?
Aug 06, 2020, 06:19 PM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Standard Q2 is in LM configuration which uses Mini-Z LM differential. It's longer than standard one. MRC is MM narrow.
You can get the part number Kyosho MZ302 just to get it working. https://banzaihobby.com/radio-contro...y-for-mr-02-lm
Or get the ball diff part number Kyosho MZW308.
https://banzaihobby.com/Kyosho-MZW308
Not sure about PN but I don't bother finding because it's probably 2-3 times more expensive.

But since you already got the ball diff from MRC already I highly recommend you get the Mini-Z MM2 (MM II) motor mount instead. It'll be cheaper than buying a new LM ball diff.

ps. MRC comes with narrow config both front and rear. But normally Mini-Z with 98mm wheelbase will come with front wide and rear narrow.
Q2 is like Mini-Z LM where it got wide on both front and rear.
Aug 07, 2020, 02:03 AM
audentes fortuna iuvat
Hi Beaver,

I asked you about fitting a McLaren F1 LM shell on the Q7 thread a while back. Would the F1 LM (short tail) shell fit the Q2 better? Sorry for the newbie question. The range of options on these micro cars have my head spinning.

Jeff
Aug 07, 2020, 11:45 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Yes, the short tail will fit Q2 very nicely.
But don't forget that you'll have the change the motor mount to make it 98mm, just like Mini-Z.
Depending on the Q2 you'll get, If it's standard Q2 from Banggood you can get either MM or MM2 motor mount and a new differential. Because it's 102mm wheelbase as standard.
But if you get the MRC version then it'll be 98mm as standard and you can fit McLaren body directly. However the front is narrow and you'll have to adjust the front wheel offset which might compromise the handling.

Either way, Mini-Q Q2 is a cut-priced Mini-Z RWD so any body from Mini-Z will fit on it providing you use the same front width and motor pod as suggested from Mini-Z.
Aug 07, 2020, 05:10 PM
audentes fortuna iuvat
Thanks. That makes the task less daunting.
Aug 08, 2020, 04:12 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
My pleasure. It's really not that hard.
Aug 13, 2020, 10:19 AM
Coming from 1/12th scale pan-car, I bought the newer Sinohobby Q2.

But since I already own a Losi Micro-T 1/36th and have an Spektrum radio and 2S 7,4v lipos from the Micro-T , I am going to convert my Mini-Q2 to a lipo chassis and lipo esc/receiver.

I have a spare Losi ESC/Receiver like this one

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB9524

It can do Nimh, Lipo, Life , brushed and brushless and more importantly for me , it's DSM2 for Spektrum radios.

To convert the chassis I have bought the new NEXX Racing Skyline Lipo chassis for Mini-Z.

https://nexxracing.com/product/nx-11...ion-kit-black/

They were so kind to sell me the chassis without the mini-z frontend since the Q2/MRC have a different frontend/servo setup.

For those interested I will post pictures of my progress once the chassis has arrived from Vietnam.
Aug 13, 2020, 11:19 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
Nexx chassis can also take standard servo? That front housing is actually for Mini-Z servo so if they also make a chassis for standard 3 wire servo then it's a worthy competitor to GLR.

I'm really looking forward to see the complete chassis. I don't do racing otherwise I'd upgrade my Q2 with Nexx parts too.
Aug 13, 2020, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
Nexx chassis can also take standard servo? That front housing is actually for Mini-Z servo so if they also make a chassis for standard 3 wire servo then it's a worthy competitor to GLR.

I'm really looking forward to see the complete chassis. I don't do racing otherwise I'd upgrade my Q2 with Nexx parts too.
Not racing neither sadly enough, since all the local clubs still are locked-down due to COVID.
But I have a bought a older Losi (pre-RCP) track to use at home ,to keep myself occupied whilst staying inside during the lockdown.
I only started with a Q2 2 months ago after a 4 year break from 1/12th scale.

The NEXX Lipo chassis will only fit a Mini-Z servo so I will have to adapt it to fit the Q2 standard servo but it does use the single shock rear-end/mount of a standard Mini-Z/Q2/MRC.

If I wanted a lipo pancar chassis I either had to get a GLR /X-power/Race-factor/Jomurema chassis convert to a 3 shock rear-end and a different front-end which would basically mean almost buy a new complete car.

Since I already have all the Spektrum/LIPO electronics , I was desperately looking for just a chassis which allowed mounting the bigger ESC/Receiver combo and a Lipo battery whilst re-using as many parts possible from the Q2.

I can also use the remaining Q2 chassis to build up a shorter Mini-Z clone without buying a complete Mini-Z again.
Aug 13, 2020, 07:03 PM
With MRC coming out with their which is very similar including the transmitter. Is one better choice then another? MRC seems to have a public appearance where Sinohobby is very quiet.
Aug 14, 2020, 02:50 AM
Low budget fun
Thread OP
@LasticPPC Thanks for the info.

@iamsohai
Let's put it this way.
Mini-Q Q2 = Toyota or Nissan
MRC = Lexus or Infinity
The cars are made by Sinohobby. They are the same car with slightly different parts fitted. MRC has pretty good front cover but it's narrow. Luckily they have a decency to give us rear narrow as well. So it comes as a narrow chassis at 98mm wheelbase which is a bit weird. Mini-Z 98mm would have wide front chassis.
I've asked if they have the same enclosed front with wide configuration and the answer was no.

Electronics are the same with different badge. Even the radio, wheels and tyres are the same.
Granted MRC body looks fantastic.
Aug 14, 2020, 07:37 AM
After receiving a mini-JST to Futuba servo adapter, I temporarily installed the Losi ESC , connected to a Losi Lipo and the brushed Shinohobby motor.

One thing that keeps driving me insane is the servo on the Sinohobby , I don't know if the MRC has the same issue.

I fixed the slop in the servosaver with a heatshrink tube like Beaver did but still sometimes after steering a bit left or right the servo won't return to center.

Thinking it was linked to the Q2 radio and maybe the gyro , I hoped this would disappear when moving the servo to my Losi ESC/Receive without gyro and Spektrum radio but still the same issue.

It is because of the lousy servo-saver or the servo since it has no pinion ?

Anybody got a clue on how to fix this ?

Now awaiting my NEXX Lipo chassis arriving on Monday to fully convert the Q2 to a Lipo chassis.

Also awaiting from China, a Rocket brushless motor to replace the brushed Sinohobby one.

On another note the rims and rubber tires that come with the fake chassis on an Autoscale Toyota GT-one body , can they be used on the real chassis ?
I cannot seem to find the size of the nut keeping the rims to the fake chassis to remove the wheels.
Aug 14, 2020, 10:34 AM
Might have found the culprit for my servo issue, the screw holding the right servo was loose, the hole was enlarged and the screw no longer was snug but turning loose in the hole.

Migrated everything to a new MRC chassis (which I had bought as a spare luckily).

Quick Reply