Nov 10, 2018, 07:53 AM
Thread OP

Camera fees drops when full throttle

So recently i bought a nice diatone crusader gt2 200 ansd as an extra i got a few 3s lipoís. Now, when i hit full throttle with the quad the camera feed just goes black. Also, at about 3.9 volts the quad doesnít really have allot of power left. I also noticed that the cells are not very well balanced. The difference between cells can be around 0.3 volts sometimes. With 4s everything is just fine.

I was wondering, would it help if i try to get each cell of the lipoís at the same voltage by dicharging amd charging every lipo? Or should i just write off the batteries and donít use them anymore?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2018, 10:51 AM
Space Coast USA
0.3V is one heck of a lot of unbalance!!!!
That's about 60% of a capacity difference between cells.

Are you balance charging those packs?
You need to balance those packs individually.
See How to charge or discharge SINGLE CELLS to balance a pack.
in this thread.

Going from a 4s to a 3s is a significant power drop. Not a good idea without changing props, etc.
Nov 10, 2018, 12:44 PM
You don't mention the capacities, C rating, mAh, or brand of batteries, IR, age, condition etc.. all that makes a difference with performance.
Like Hoppy said, get a good balance on those 3S to start with. It could be, even at their best, the batteries might not be up to the demands.
Nov 10, 2018, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
Thnx for the answers. After lating them down they are about the same voltage now.

Still have the lack of power.

Lipoís are 1500mah 35-70c from turnigy
Nov 10, 2018, 12:58 PM
Not sure what you mean laying then y down ?
Your 4S is the same brand, age,C rate ?
Cold weather makes a huge difference in voltage sag too. What's your flying temps ?

Quick Reply