This thread is privately moderated by Mike Denest, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 22, 2018, 03:56 AM
flypiggyfly...ya ya
Man, that looks sweet Dave!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2018, 10:21 AM
AMA 32832 - SPA L27-VRCS 1138
Joe, I see your post disappeared. It seems as though RCG had a minor glitch this morning.

In response to your query regarding the PD1 on the vertical stab. Yes, it is a tribute to Paul Dinoto. Every Lou Andrews plane I build from now on will have this graphic on the plane somewhere. His presence is very much missed on RCG and other forums. He was such a good guy and always willing to tell us tales of the early days of Aamco.

Nov 22, 2018, 11:20 AM
Hi Dave,

I was wondering what happened to the posts...it took awhile to get back on this morning, too.

I didn't know Paul's last name but corresponded via this forum with him often. After my computer was hacked, and I was off the site for some time, I never heard from him. I really, really, hate to ask you this, however, is Paul still with us? The last he said was that he was trying something new as a treatment for his Cancer and he was very tired most of the time. My paternal grandparents were from the Plymouth, Massachusetts area and Joyce and I had planned on visiting Paul and his wife along with a trip to Walden's Pond. I feel bad about not making that trip.

Joe
Nov 22, 2018, 11:50 AM
Joe, Paul passed on July 26, 2017. The last time I spoke to him on the phone was about a month prior. I never was able to meet him in person either. I had hoped to one day.....

http://obituaries.eagletribune.com/o...2017-958687531
Nov 23, 2018, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Swanson
Joe, Paul passed on July 26, 2017. The last time I spoke to him on the phone was about a month prior. I never was able to meet him in person either. I had hoped to one day.....

http://obituaries.eagletribune.com/o...2017-958687531
Very sorry to hear that. Paul always had a kind word, likely for everyone.
Gene
Nov 23, 2018, 08:08 AM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Paul attended Octoberfest 2009 with his silk and dope covered electric Aeromaster configured and painted to look like a Curtiss P-6E. He is missed.

Pictures added.
Last edited by Mike Denest; Nov 23, 2018 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Nov 23, 2018, 08:29 AM
Hi Dave,

Finally able to post again. Thank you, my friend, for the information and link. While I was not able to know Paul in person I enjoyed the banter we traded back and forth. He is missed. Your Aeromaster is a beautiful tribute to a very nice man and I hope you enjoy many years of great flights with the plane.

Joe
Nov 23, 2018, 01:06 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Here's a great RCG thread on vintage radios and conversions. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ontrol-Systems
Nov 23, 2018, 02:10 PM
Love all those Aeromaster photos, one of my all time favorites. I was recently gifted an original Aeromaster kit and will get started on it as soon as a the workbench is cleared off.

Had decided I didn't want any more 40 size models in my fleet, yet couldn't hardly give this kit away earlier this year...so over the past few months built it just to try out a different finishing technique. Model is a Bridi Utter Chaos 40 with an OS 55AX for power and guided by a JR radio.

Finish is nitrate dope over silkspan (SIG Koverall on the wing), Brodak color dope followed with a rattle can clear coat (Spray Max 2K Glamour High Gloss Clear).
Nov 23, 2018, 05:48 PM
Very nice work on the Chaos !...……..Gene
Nov 23, 2018, 07:23 PM
The experiment paid off! The Chaos looks great
Nov 23, 2018, 08:32 PM
AMA 7224
1963 Ted Strader Chicken Hawk back in flying condition . Went electric this time with the option of switching back to .049.
Nov 29, 2018, 09:31 AM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Here's a Youtube video shot at the Spirit of Selinsgrove event in Owego, NY a couple of years ago.

Vintage RC Society Video (15 min 16 sec)
Nov 29, 2018, 11:22 AM
Love the chicken hawk!! I did mine in green and yellow as well, lots of fun to fly!!!
Nov 29, 2018, 12:53 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Mine was blue and yellow with a Cox .049 on the front. I had fun running the engine but I didn't have a radio to put in it. My next one will be better.

Quick Reply