This thread is privately moderated by Mike Denest, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 29, 2018, 02:47 PM
Very cool video Mike, hadn’t seen it before. Thanks for posting it.

R
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2018, 09:21 AM

Zeus Mk IV

Thought I post this here before going public with it. I have a NIB Hartman fiberglass Zeus Mk IV fuselage and a set of plans. For those that don’t know, back in the day, Hartman was top of the line in fiberglass and highly desired. Price is $150 + $10 shipping in lower 48 only. If using pp, please add 3% pp fee. USPS MO ok also. Thanks for looking!

R
Dec 10, 2018, 10:32 AM
Brighto?
Thread OP

VRCS Membership

It's renewal time for VRCS members or if you want to join the organization, now is the time to sign up. We offer a bi-monthly membership newsletter, "The Vintage Flyer" plus access to the membership database where you can:
Change your personal information
Print a membership card
Download every edition of the newsletter
Download plans and information from the library
Search for VRCS events coming to your region.

Membership is $20 for one year or $30 for two years (a real deal!)
Paypal accepted or you can send a check.

http://vintagercsociety.org/cms3/ind...rcs-membership
Dec 22, 2018, 07:55 PM
Suspended Account
I have a bunch of vintage radios for sale in the classifieds.
Feb 11, 2019, 01:36 PM

Quadruplex schematics and design notes

The schematics of the successive versions of the Quadruplex system are available for download from:
http://vintagercfiles.com/Files/Dee%20Bee%20Quadruplex/
Also included are some fascinating notes from Carl Schwab to Don Brown.
Feb 12, 2019, 09:35 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP

AMA Expo East

VRCS will be in booth 211 at the AMA Expo East February 22, 23 and 24 in the Meadowlands Expo Center, Secaucus, NJ. Stop by, sign up or renew your membership.

There will be a static judging competition for vintage R/C so enter and win some cash. http://amaexpoeast.com/whats-here/static-competition/
Last edited by Mike Denest; Feb 19, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
Feb 20, 2019, 02:08 PM
VRCS flying event this coming week in Punta Gorda, FL.
A good time will be had by all.
Dinner at Hurricane Charlie's Thursday night to get things started.
Flying Feb 22 and 23, 2019
Not too late to come.
Mar 10, 2019, 08:04 AM
^ Any pictures from the Florida event? Up here in the frozen north we're getting desperate about this time of year, but wont be long now before we're flying.

Scott
Mar 17, 2019, 09:50 AM
The 30th Annual Spirit of Selinsgrove Celebration is confirmed for Aug 31st, event flyer is attached.
Mar 21, 2019, 04:46 PM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
Kentucky Bluegrass Vintage Festival May 20 and 21.
Mar 22, 2019, 01:19 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Dan, post your information packet for downloading. Looks like Diane and I will (finally!) pay you a visit.
Mar 24, 2019, 08:00 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP

Vintage Orbit Radio Available

I received this message from Cliff Hiatt.

"Mike,
My name is Cliff Hiatt and Iím a long time modeler living in Winter Garden, FL.

On Dec. 12, 2016, my good friend Mr. Steve Helms passed away. You may know the name, he had long standing involvement in the modeling industry. He may be best known for his long career at Futaba Corporation.

I took on the task of helping his wife Mollie distribute the contents of his shop. After some effort, I have completed this task with one item remaining.

In Steveís shop there was an old radio system, Mollie did not know the history of why he had it or where it came from. At one point it appears to have been owned by Joe McClelland, Independence, KS, AMA 26659. Itís an Orbit Simultaneous Tone 8-Channel (4 function) reed transmitter with matching Orbit receiver, two Bonner Duramite Multi-Servos and one Citizenship Actuator.

I reached out to the AMA museum, but they declined the gift because they already have one in inventory. This doesnít surprise me at this stage in time.

Iím reaching out to you to help me find a home for this before putting it on the internet for sale (and I have no clue what itís worthÖ).

So, if you know of anyone who would want thisÖ or know what it might be worth, please let me know. I only ask is, at the very least, that shipping is covered. However, if someone is so inclined, a small donation to the charities denoted in Steveís obituary would be appreciated. All proceeds of his other items went to these causes.
The two charities are: the Clearview Cancer Institute Foundation (Huntsville, AL) and the Hampton Cove (AL) Church of Christ Romanian Mission Fund.
To make it easier, I am happy to handle the donation or a check can be sent to his wife Mollie and she will handle. I can provide her address as applicable.

Best Regards,
Cliff Hiatt"

Cliff sent pictures of the radio I posted here. Please contact Cliff directly at [email protected]
Mar 29, 2019, 08:09 PM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Denest
Dan, post your information packet for downloading. Looks like Diane and I will (finally!) pay you a visit.
Mike,

Come on down. The full packet can be downloaded from https://sites.google.com/site/kbvfky/
Mar 29, 2019, 09:01 PM
///////
Subscribed , better late than never!
Mar 30, 2019, 06:05 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP

Toledo

The VRCS crew will be at Toledo April 5th through the 7th in booth #149 so swing by to sign up or renew your membership. Friday night after the show we're planning a dinner gathering at one of the local restaurants so stop by the booth for dinner information.
Last edited by Mike Denest; Apr 01, 2019 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply