This thread is privately moderated by Mike Denest, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2018, 01:16 PM
Thanks for clarifying that Mike. I built a Top Flite Contender, covered it with Sig Koverall and painted it with butyrate dope for this years theme plane. I'll finish my Dave Platt Half Tone as my model for year 2019 then......Gene VRCS#793
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2018, 02:36 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
Mike, as the thread gets bigger, consider adding links on the first page to key topics as they come up.
When we establish a sticky status, I can add the links to the first post.

Keep it rolling guys, it looks good.
Nov 12, 2018, 02:38 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene6029
Thanks for clarifying that Mike. I built a Top Flite Contender, covered it with Sig Koverall and painted it with butyrate dope for this years theme plane. I'll finish my Dave Platt Half Tone as my model for year 2019 then......Gene VRCS#793
Nice Contender Gene, have you considered sending a picture for the VRCS photo contest? Information is on the VRCS home page.
Nov 12, 2018, 02:57 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
This is great, I'm glad that you've opened this thread. I could never get he Yahoo system to work for me.

Mike, as the thread gets bigger, consider adding links on the first page to key topics as they come up.

Per your request, here is a link to a Build Log on my effort to restore a Nostalgia Class Sig Kougar. It was way harder than I anticipated but it worked out.

Rebuilding-VRCS-Nostalgia-Class-Sig-Kougar
Very nice job GR, I also followed your rebuild. Kougar's are great airplanes.
Nov 12, 2018, 03:03 PM
Yes Mike, I tried, but it didn't work for some reason.....Gene
Nov 12, 2018, 08:08 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Ok guys, our VRCS thread is now a sticky which means it will always be at the top of the forum making it easy to find. I'll edit my first post to include VRCS links and other information.
Nov 12, 2018, 09:58 PM
Modeling Retread
Be sure to note that membership gives access to the entire newsletter database, a treasure trove of info. Whether you do vintage planes with modern components or go completely pls school, there’s something for you.
Nov 13, 2018, 07:44 PM
Subscribed. L
Nov 13, 2018, 11:04 PM
Intermediate Multi
Larry’s here. Now it’s a real club.
Nov 14, 2018, 08:48 AM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Post #1 has been updated with VRCS information and links.

Benefits of VRCS membership are access to the members only section where you can download every issue of the newsletter The Vintage Flyer, the member roster, free downloads from the plans library, update your personal information and print a replacement membership card.
Nov 17, 2018, 10:38 AM

Krackerjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Denest
Very nice Krakerjac DS, is that a new build or original from way back when?
Someone had started the fuse way back when, I finished it about 15 years ago. A little heavier than the Esquire I learned on way back when.
Nov 17, 2018, 10:09 PM
AMA 7224
Joined today. Now Mike is not the only Delaware dude in VRCS
Latest blog entry: 1938 Rambler build
Nov 17, 2018, 10:20 PM
Brighto?
Thread OP
Thanks LC, it's been very lonely in Delaware. FWIW, Octoberfest has come to an end but look for a new event in Salisbury, MD next year.
Nov 17, 2018, 10:45 PM
AMA 7224
Salisbury is way closer . Cool beans
Latest blog entry: 1938 Rambler build
Nov 21, 2018, 06:53 PM
AMA 32832 - SPA L27-VRCS 1138
I just completed this Aeromaster. The engine is a Super Tigre ST60 just like Ernie Huber used when he was demonstrating the Aeromaster in 1966. I used Neucover, and have grown to like it quite a bit as an alternative to Monokote.

I am a VRCS member and am on the executive council for the North Central region.

I am happy to find this "sticky" on RCG!

Here is the link to my build thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...romaster-Build

Last edited by Dave Swanson; Nov 22, 2018 at 01:21 AM.

Quick Reply