This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 08, 2018, 06:33 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Aw, nuts...

What goes up must come down.

The little Harbor Freight P-51 project went up for a test flight last week and it didn't end too well.

It acted tail heavy even though it wasn't and kept rolling on the ailerons. One thing for sure is that adding the carbon fiber spar to the wing took out a lot of dihedral. My guess is that's what caused it to crash.

Interestingly, it remained in one piece for the most part. The cowl is a loss and I'm not sure from whence it came. It might be an E-flite part.

It's battered and beaten, but I'm thinking of removing the spar, restoring the dihedral and giving it another whirl just for laughs. I mean, what could happen?

Stay tuned since this might be interesting.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply