Jun 28, 2019, 10:30 AM
aka KF7DS
I thought not....is it plug n play into the FC?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2019, 11:01 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1
I thought not....is it plug n play into the FC?
I have a stand alone FPV set. It has it's own battery to power it. Goggles are Eachine but, I would have to check my cam. The cam does not record. Just the basic set up. I wish I had bought something that could record though.
Jun 28, 2019, 01:39 PM
aka KF7DS
So, you get your old from your fpv pack and not the fc, so you do not have battery voltage telemetry?
Jun 28, 2019, 03:34 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
So, you get your old from your fpv pack and not the fc, so you do not have battery voltage telemetry?
I'm very, very new at this Guy. What do you mean (black highlighted)?
Jun 29, 2019, 11:44 AM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High Mike
I'm very, very new at this Guy. What do you mean (black highlighted)?
No problem....was just wondering.....from what I understand from the manual , one needs to use the Horizon camera sold for this plane in order to get telemetry from the flight control board, including your voltage from your battery in the plane. Horizon seems to have the telemetry locked because it will not work with another camera.....that is why I asked...just curious...
Jun 29, 2019, 08:59 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
No problem....was just wondering.....from what I understand from the manual , one needs to use the Horizon camera sold for this plane in order to get telemetry from the flight control board, including your voltage from your battery in the plane. Horizon seems to have the telemetry locked because it will not work with another camera.....that is why I asked...just curious...
Well, from what I hear it's suppose to work very good. Dang Bud, I haven't even maidened my DR1 Dang wind
Jun 30, 2019, 11:08 AM
aka KF7DS
Hope you get a chance to fly it this weekend....it's a lot of fun and does well in wind
Jun 30, 2019, 11:23 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Hope you get a chance to fly it this weekend....it's a lot of fun and does well in wind
Right now it's raining. It's either rain or wind. I can't win
Jul 13, 2019, 12:41 PM
Several months ago, I described how I broke the nose cone completely off on the DRO. At the time I patched it together with glue and fiber wire. That, along with some additional nose landings on the grass, there is now developed a slight "spongy hinge" to the nose right in front of the battery hatch.

Anyone with some ideas on a more permanent fix. (I have thought about using a small saw??, cutting it clean off right in front of the hatch and trying to get a flat surface so as to re glue it on again. One problem is that because of the hatch proximity, there is little fuselage foam to work with.)

Beyond this, I REALLY have enjoyed the DRO!
Jul 13, 2019, 09:07 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCarolinaCy
Several months ago, I described how I broke the nose cone completely off on the DRO. At the time I patched it together with glue and fiber wire. That, along with some additional nose landings on the grass, there is now developed a slight "spongy hinge" to the nose right in front of the battery hatch.

Anyone with some ideas on a more permanent fix. (I have thought about using a small saw??, cutting it clean off right in front of the hatch and trying to get a flat surface so as to re glue it on again. One problem is that because of the hatch proximity, there is little fuselage foam to work with.)

Beyond this, I REALLY have enjoyed the DRO!
Can you tell me what kind of glue you used. I hope it was foam safe.

Any way to post a pick of the break=your repair job. A before picture would be great.

I'm especially curious about the "spongy hinge." What hinge are you talking about?

I have a few tricks up my sleeve but, I'd like to see the plane first. I'm thinking you could have had a meltdown inside from a non-foam safe glue. "Spongy" kind of gives that away
Jul 13, 2019, 09:16 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Well this past Thursday I had a chance to maiden my DR1.

I tell ya all, I've flown a few planes over time (some with not so good success) and this DR1 is a hoot.

Easy to fly Easy to land Just plain easy and a whole lotta fun. Nice relaxing flights.

I thought this bird was gonna be too fast for me. Not the case at all. She's well balanced and glides nice when I shut down the motor. All I do is give her a little up elevator to glide into the wind.

Awesome Fun Everyone. The Delta Ray One is now my go to plane.
Jul 14, 2019, 03:17 PM
I have one coming. Excited to get it. Sounds durable enough to survive my dumb thumbs.
Jul 14, 2019, 03:18 PM
I review RC Products
I'm glad you liked it Mike!
Jul 15, 2019, 10:46 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXScorpion
I have one coming. Excited to get it. Sounds durable enough to survive my dumb thumbs.
You will love this plane. I did two dirt dives and then I held her under the belly for a better launch. The dirt dive bent the nose a bit but was easily bent back in shape with a very hot facecloth placed over the damaged area, put slight pressure in the direction you want to repair.

Easy peasy Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
I'm glad you liked it Mike!
I certainly do love the Delta Ray One. From here on out, this will be my "go to" bird. I know it's only 3 channel but, she flys so amazing. I'll be thinking of putting my FPV gear on her. It's a shame I didn't buy a set-up that records. That's my only regret.

BTW, you never seen my vid I posted all over the place? No thumbs up or comment?
Jul 18, 2019, 08:18 AM
Registered Abuser
How much wind can the DR1 handle before it isn't fun to fly? I want to maiden mine but it's going to be windy for a while.

Quick Reply