Dec 31, 2004, 04:00 AM
Thread OP
As I got the charger from my LHS, it should be available at www.hoellein.com for sure.

Jürgen

P.S.: Gerd Giese is currently running a whole test series:
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2004, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
As you can see in the chart, the charger is "waisting" the first 5 minutes to check the battery pack. The charge current is gradually increased to about 1C and the total charge time is therefore longer than say with a Kokam Li-Po charger.

Jürgen
Dec 31, 2004, 09:32 AM
Jurgen, I hope you will post more messages about your experiences with this new charger.

Automatic current is very interesting. Since this is an inexpensive charger, there must be a simple method of feeding a small charge to a Li battery pack, measuring feedback from the pack, and determining how much current the cells need to be charged at 1C. I'm sure that someone who understands electronics will be able to understand how this is done, and that other chargers will adopt this.

Since current is not as critical as voltage for Li cells, this should be pretty safe. But I wonder if there is any kind of situation that could result in a false reading that would cause a pack to be charged at >1C?

It seems that Graupner has done a very nice job of engineering this charger. It will force other charger manufacturers to work harder to design new chargers that are competitive on features and price. Perhaps the same thing will also happen with Li cells.
Dec 31, 2004, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
hobbico mk2 is $49.95..and does nicd/nimh/liposand has 2 outputs that charge 2 batteries at same time..I just got 1 yesterday/...very small and lightweight too..
Dec 31, 2004, 09:39 AM
Thread OP
Hi Dave,

I don't think the charger was engineered by Graupner. It is "Made in Korea" and it will probably soon show up at other distributors.

Jürgen
Dec 31, 2004, 12:30 PM
Suspended Account
[QUOTE=rumme]hobbico mk2 is $49.95..and does nicd/nimh/liposand has 2 outputs that charge 2 batteries at same time..I just got 1 yesterday/...very small and lightweight too..[/QUO

Where did you get it?
Dec 31, 2004, 07:42 PM
Jurgen, if Graupner will put their name on this charger, then they must think it is well engineered, right?
Dec 31, 2004, 09:33 PM
Suspended Account
fly4fun..its a very common charger..tower should have it..and I got mine from hobbypeople.net..
Dec 31, 2004, 10:49 PM
Suspended Account
Thanks
Dec 31, 2004, 10:59 PM
Suspended Account
no problem..im charging 2 packs right now..its a really small and light unit too...and even beeps if theres a problem..
Dec 31, 2004, 11:08 PM
Suspended Account
I bet I could hook up my Whattmeter between the battery and the Charger to see Mah going into the Bat. I have a Triton Charger now and the Hobbico one would be a nice cheap addition to it. I would like very much to charge multi packs. Happy Charging
Dec 31, 2004, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
it actually has 2 seperate inputs to put a meter..to measure the volts in teh battery pack themselves...alot of features for a measely $50..even if I only get a couple years out of it..its a good deal...oh actually..I forgot to mention..it has a 2year warranty..it just gets better...lol
Dec 31, 2004, 11:27 PM
Suspended Account
Here it is from Hobbypeople. I will be a charging fool. Nice Little unit. I will be ordering soon.
Dec 31, 2004, 11:29 PM
Suspended Account
Rumme I cannot tell what are the MAH settings you can do. Thanks Again,
Dec 31, 2004, 11:30 PM
Suspended Account
thats her..dont it look like a gigantic/heavy piece of machinery in the picture/??..lol..wait till you get it....when my box came in,...I thought there was a mistake..I couldnt believe they could make a charger that charges 2 packs at once...in such a small package...heck.,,,ive seen single unit chargers that are twice the size..and twice as heavy...

Quick Reply