Opale Camo R 2.4 Paraglider Wing

Opale has a new wing on the market that is designed for high performance and it looks awesome. This wing has it all.

Splash

New Performance Wing from Opale with 44 Cells!

Opale has a new wing on the market and it looks awesome. The R in the name stands for "Race" and that means this is a high performance wing. They utilized even more full size glider wing techniques with a mix of materials to make the wing durable, but also very light. That plays a large role in its ability to launch easily.

I was really surprised to see how quickly and easily a wing of this type was able to be launched in the promo video below. Now add to that an industry first 44 cells and you have a paraglider wing that is both easy to launch and will perform extremely well. Then throw the killer Camo trim scheme on top of all that and you have one of the most coveted wings on the market. This thing has it all and it's available right now.

Specifications:

• Flat Area: 2.4 sqm
  • Flat Wingspan: 3.83m
  • Ratio: 6.1
  • Cells: 44
  • Fabrics: 10D / 20D Ultralight
  • Bridles: Aramid 25 / 50 daN et DFL 70

Check out the Opale Camo R 2.4 Paraglider Wing Here

Nov 07, 2018, 02:13 PM
For someone who knows the bare minimum of PPG; can you please explain why or how more cells relates to performance?

If thats the case, why not build it with 50 cells, or more?
Nov 07, 2018, 02:49 PM
RCG Admin
I don't know the aeronautical engineering side, but having the cell structure allows the wing to be more efficient vs a single skin wing. Previous full celled wings were great performers, but harder to launch. The single skin wings are easy to launch and still fly great, but you can get more speed, better thermaling, etc with the cells. I'm sure there's a magic cell size based on the wing planform and size.
Nov 08, 2018, 01:38 AM
Because I routinely fly in or near public I prefer the smaller lighter rigs. (Oxy 1.0 or Power 1.1)
I really like the look of the new wing and I always marvel at the the great videos that Opale shares.
I would LOVE to learn to soar the slopes somewhere. I might have to get out and travel to meet up with the guys who have experience and try to learn soaring at and ideal site.
Nov 09, 2018, 08:55 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
This looks like fun, something different at least.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book
Nov 10, 2018, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
This looks like fun, something different at least.

Dave
Dave looks like you found my favorite RC Groups forum.
I don't know if PB is a drive too far for you but I am planning to slowly motor around RC PPG the beach this evening.
Palisades Park in Pacific Beach, North of the Crystal Pier, 4pm -Sunset.
It's a low tide and if the winds don't shift too much between now and sunset it looks like a nice evening.

I tend to slow fly around when the glider group is likely waiting for the next breeze.

Jack Z.
Nov 10, 2018, 10:45 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by videokahuna
Dave looks like you found my favorite RC Groups forum.
I don't know if PB is a drive too far for you but I am planning to slowly motor around RC PPG the beach this evening.
Palisades Park in Pacific Beach, North of the Crystal Pier, 4pm -Sunset.
It's a low tide and if the winds don't shift too much between now and sunset it looks like a nice evening.

I tend to slow fly around when the glider group is likely waiting for the next breeze.

Jack Z.
Thanks for the invite Jack.

I wish you were closer! It is tough now-a-days to get down there. I used to go down more often. If I do get a chance I will for sure PM you.

Dave
Latest blog entry: Flying Log Book

Quick Reply