Nov 06, 2018, 06:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Anyone recognize this motor.

Anyone recognize this motor. I got two of these in a lot that I recently bought.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2018, 06:40 PM
It is some type of EMP but it could have been branded as several different brands. They were so, so motors. I don't know if they are still being produced.
Nov 06, 2018, 07:54 PM
Even without a specific ID, with the Kv and weight you have everything you need to start using it.

It will be good for at least 3W input per gram.

And it will perform fairly simarly to other motors with the same Kv and weight. You can use the motor search function in ECalc to find similar motors and that will help you to select prop and battery voltage.

If you need help with that, weigh the motor and post what you want to do with it, max diameter prop you want to run and cell count you want to use. We can find you a safe ballpark solution that you can then refine in the real world with your wattmeter
Nov 07, 2018, 05:12 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco
Even without a specific ID, with the Kv and weight you have everything you need to start using it. ...
Several simple straightforward methods for determining Kv (in rpm/volt)
www.bavaria-direct.co.za
→ Motor Constants
→ The speed constant or velocity constant (Kv)

Vriendelijke groeten Ron

Quick Reply