EMAX TinyHawk Brushless Micro Drone

EMAX has been killing it with the BabyHawk and now they've pushed their game even further with a lighter, smaller and faster racing drone, the TinyHawk.

Splash

The TinyHawk is Here

EMAX has been killing it with the BabyHawk and now they've pushed their game even further with a lighter, smaller and faster racing drone, the TinyHawk. It's a new design that is aerodynamic and looks awesome. It's a brushless motor indoor racer that fits in the palm of your hand and comes with an F4 flight board, integrated FPV system with a 25mw transmitter and flys for 4 minutes on a 1S 450mAh lipo. This thing looks like it will be a ton of fun and a great deal at $99. Check out the rest of the specs below.

Check out the EMAX TinyHawk Brushless Micro Drone Here

Key Features:

• 75mm Indoor racing drone
  • 08025 brushless motor with durable ball bearing for increase flight and low maintenance
  • Durable polypropylene plastic frame with propeller guards
  • Motor beeper function. Find your TinyHawk after a crash
  • Speeds up to 56kph
  • Up to 4 minutes flight time on single battery
  • Fast F4 Processor for smooth stable flight characteristics
  • MPU6000 gyro for vibration free operations
  • Unique inverted motor design to keep CG as low as possible to fit in the smallest of spaces
  • 25mw VTX and 600tvl Camera included for fun FPV flight via FPV style goggles
  • Smart Audio function to change VTX channel via your transmitter
  • OSD settings control to customize flight feel
  • Pre-tuned from factory with expert pilots and new pilots in mind. 3 rate profile settings for all types of flying feel
  • Plug in type motors for easy maintenance
  • 1s High Voltage (HV) 450mah lipo included
  • Frsky compatible D8 receiver built in to FC
  • Custom carbon fiber themed carrying case

Specifications:

• Size: 75mm motor to motor L 110mm x W 95mm x H 39mm
  • Dry Weight: 29g
  • All Up Weight: 42g with 450mah 1s Battery
  • Frame Material: Polypropylene
  • Propeller: 40mm, 3 blade.
  • Motor: 08025, 15000kv
  • Flight Controller: F4(MATEKF411 firmware)
  • ESCs: 4in1 3A
  • Receiver: EMAX Tiny receiver (Compatible with Frsky D8 mode)
  • Battery Connector: JST-PH2
  • VTX Power: 25mw
  • Channels: 37CH
  • Camera: 600TVL CMOS
  • Battery: 1s 4.35v HV, 450mAh 80c/160c

Nov 06, 2018, 02:01 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Why do they always have to be Frsky?!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Nov 06, 2018, 02:30 PM
Known as the "quad" father O_o
Because Horizon Hobby...
Nov 06, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolei Zinsli
Yeah. I've even bought a few FrKSky super low specials that I haven't comverted. This one seems like nice quality good performer for a good price around $90. If it dropped another $10 I'd have too buy it too right away - then buy a new radio.
Nov 06, 2018, 06:10 PM
Comparing youtube videos it looks faster than Mobula 7 1s and slower than Mobula 7 2s.

I'm eager to see a reviewer compare them side by side.
Nov 06, 2018, 07:35 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
After sitting on the Brushless Whoop fence for too long, I pre-ordered the TinyHawk directly from EMAX USA the day it was announced.

Jason: FYI, here's the existing TinyHawk thread.

Quote:
Nikolei: Just get an inexpensive Jumper T8SG (v2 Plus) multi-protocol TX, and you'll never again have to worry about being locked into any single protocol.

A multi-protocol TX is a fantastic option for all these cheap micro drones and other fun direct-from-China RC toys. And for anybody with a JR module bay, a multi-protocol TX module is even better.

I was Spektrum-only for many years. Then I got a multi-protocol T8SG, and finally a FrSky X-Lite with multi-protocol module. I still use my DX6, but I don't miss being limited to DSM2/DSMX at all.
Nov 06, 2018, 08:33 PM
yank and bank!!
Quote:
If they want to sell many of these they will offer them in dsm2/dsmx
Nov 15, 2018, 06:41 AM
I should be getting one soon, also I have the mobula7 on the way,
I have already got the beta65x and built a couple of 2s whoop based on silverware and beta75x frame with different of motors.
Not to mention beta75 pro and boldclash b06 pro.
I'm a brushless whoop addict!
I like the look of this one because it looks like it can actually take a beating without damage and still be flyable in the house .
A 2s version is probably on the cards too I bet it this turns out to be a success.
Yes I know 2s is mostly too much for indoors but that punch is just so addictive and garden flying is great when it's not too windy..
2s brushless silverwhoop first flight loose tune but lots of power!! (3 min 19 sec)
Nov 15, 2018, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
I should be getting one soon, also I have the mobula7 on the way,
I have already got the beta65x and built a couple of 2s whoop based on silverware and beta75x frame with different of motors.
Not to mention beta75 pro and boldclash b06 pro.
I'm a brushless whoop addict!
I like the look of this one because it looks like it can actually take a beating without damage and still be flyable in the house .
A 2s version is probably on the cards too I bet it this turns out to be a success.
Yes I know 2s is mostly too much for indoors but that punch is just so addictive and garden flying is great when it's not too windy..
https://youtu.be/tzPSW-ERpsQ
Can you put a 1s battery in a Mobula7 for indoor use?
Nov 15, 2018, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared
Can you put a 1s battery in a Mobula7 for indoor use?
Yes, it makes it very versatile, a single lipo can be anything from 260mah to 1000mah to get from short agile flights to long docile ones.
I think with the tinyhawk frame on the 1 to 2s FC would be perfect.
Nov 15, 2018, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Yes, it makes it very versatile, a single lipo can be anything from 260mah to 1000mah to get from short agile flights to long docile ones.
I think with the tinyhawk frame on the 1 to 2s FC would be perfect.
That's great, that's the sorta stuff that would make a Mobula7 batter than a TinyHawk in my mind. I remember reading somewhere about someone's 2s whoop that had a 5v board. Essentially it made it so he could only run 2s.

Quick Reply