Dec 08, 2018, 10:53 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Got my raptor today. Got the 8s version. I didn't have any 8s lipos charged so I put in a 6s Lipo. Wow even on 6s it puts out some GOOD thrust. It's well worth the $.
We'll be waiting on your flight report. My brother had the 8S version of the F4, and i flies very nice on 6S. Good luck!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2018, 03:12 PM
For those that need it for 12s system. I took a pic of my 6s model. Keep in mind the receiver will have to be moved to the back of the battery tray and use extensions to get up to the PCMB. I may have to move mine I will have to see after the maiden how things balance out on CG. These are 2 admiral 4000mah 6s batteries in there. They fit but you won't be able to move them any further back than what they are. With a big 12s motor in there though you will likely need them pretty far forward anyways so it maybe a non issue.
Dec 08, 2018, 06:35 PM
Since it's cold and rainy here, and I can't fly anything, I'm researching flight control boards. I think I read once that one could use something like that to do advanced control mixes. I was thinking it could be neat to have the rudders help with roll when aileron is applied, or with elevator (but only one way, when pulling up, since it'll pull the nose up whether they go in or out). I'd also like to isolate each rudder and the steering so I can do the rudders as speed brakes and still steer.

Do any of you smart fellows know anything about this? Is there a good board with 8 separate inputs and outputs that could do this, without stabilization preferably?
Dec 08, 2018, 06:51 PM
Retired US Navy
No but if you have enough mixes your radio can. I have what you describe already programmed in my DX-18
Dec 08, 2018, 06:59 PM
I have a DX8 G2. I think I have enough mixes, spec sheet says 10. I'd love to chat with you about it, since I only have a rudimentary understanding of mixes and programming them.
Dec 08, 2018, 07:19 PM
Retired US Navy
I’m plugging every surface, steering, retracts and throttle in their own channel to have rudder air brakes, tailerons, crow, full span flaps and full span ailerons. Just the rudder brakes and independent steering will need three slots and four mixes... remember you’ll need a mix to add down elevator with the rudder brakes.
Dec 08, 2018, 07:24 PM
Awesome. I have a 10ch rx for some reason, I think I’ll just need 8. Thr, ail, ele, flap, gear, rud1, rud2, steering. Then some brain to mix right.
Dec 08, 2018, 07:29 PM
Retired US Navy
DX-8... you have the box setup of 8 channels. Rudder will be only steering and right rudder Aux 2 and left rudder Aux 3. It’s doable.

Yes, you got it!

Have a mix steering to right rudder to have proper left right. A mix to I think left rudder on a switch with some elevator down mixed in. I put this on my right slider on mine. I suggest 3 way switch on yours. Remember if you mix to a right surface it does different things to a mix to the left surface for Spektrum.
Dec 08, 2018, 08:47 PM
Beautiful plane.

Trying to trace down my aileron issue. Checked everything before the control box, before opening it up. Looks like an accidental solder bridge between the + and signal pins on the aileron output ��

*Edit* Yes that was the issue, no harm done.
Last edited by 68Strat; Dec 08, 2018 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Issue solved.
Dec 08, 2018, 09:05 PM
Retired US Navy
Good catch! I have to say I like the box, I have it in my L-39 and love the lighting voices, different double and triple flashes and gear door sequencing.
Dec 08, 2018, 11:04 PM
Can anyone determine the location of the decals? No then in the instructions.
Dec 08, 2018, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Can anyone determine the location of the decals? No then in the instructions.

"Hey guys, spoke with Alpha, those are an optional set that can be used on the belly of the aircraft if you desire. Or they can be for top-side touch-ups. Looks like some pilots here figured it out already with belly pics, so use at your own discretion or don't."-

From Motionrc Facebook.
Dec 09, 2018, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Strat View Post
Beautiful plane.

Trying to trace down my aileron issue. Checked everything before the control box, before opening it up. Looks like an accidental solder bridge between the + and signal pins on the aileron output ��

*Edit* Yes that was the issue, no harm done.
Good catch, that's convinced me to bypass the board like all my FW planes. Still good value for a gear and light sequencer though. I've been very unlucky with them, having a faulty channel on every board from new.
Dec 09, 2018, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonso View Post
Good catch, that's convinced me to bypass the board like all my FW planes. Still good value for a gear and light sequencer though. I've been very unlucky with them, having a faulty channel on every board from new.
I will be doing the same.
Dec 09, 2018, 12:50 PM
I've used the multi control boards/boxes on all of my Flightline and Freewing birds without issues.

Quick Reply