Aug 04, 2019, 01:45 PM
Impressive work!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2019, 02:00 PM
Very Nice on the Cad modeling!

For rudder hinging.. keep it simple, just put a few thin wall "tube" that some Robart style hinge points can glue into. No need to make a simple task overly complex when good hardware is easily available already
Aug 15, 2019, 07:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kribbo
Impressive work!
Thanks!

Now that is a brilliant idea! I forgot about Robart hinges and their magic. Unfortunately I haven't had time to finish the rudder just yet due to vacation and grad school starting up. I will fiddle with incorporating that and see if it fits the assembly style.
Aug 16, 2019, 08:35 AM
i think to make that planes really difficult
Aug 16, 2019, 10:09 AM
Thread OP
Read through the rest of the thread bud! It isn't difficult, the hard part is time. Plus more difficult builds have been already completed. Take a look at DirtyDee A330 3D printed build. Skills get better with time and soon you will be able to make planes just as complex. AutoDesk Fusion360 is a good place to start, the software is free and easy to pick up.
Sep 10, 2019, 07:24 PM
Thread OP
This pains me to say but school and wedding planning are taking a toll and I will need to shelve this fun for now. For maybe a couple of months this plane will be on hiatus/vacation bubt I cannot keep up the work when graduate school is demanding so much time this semester. I will peck at the work list as best as I can with the free time I can muster but for now the thread will be silent. I am sorry if anyone was looking forward to this model. Hopefully over the winter months I can bring it back up again.
Sep 10, 2019, 08:17 PM
All good t_o, life takes precedence. And winter isnt too far out anyway,

Quick Reply