May 03, 2019, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbulko
I do not know how to start this article.... Anyway, I had a sad day yesterday cos lost my lovely Phoenix 2400 759-3 and the reason why is probably FC SPARROW. I did about 10 + flights with SPARROW after I installed it and all of them were O.K. but yesterday when I switched from manual mode to auto-level mode the Phoenix turned from its horizontal position immediately to vertical (I could not believe it) and went down from altitude aprox. 60m. I had no control at all. Had lot of time to switch between modes and tried to save it but.... it was a pain to watch it falling nose down
Sorry to hear about the crash.

Have you been able to check the operation of the autopilot since the accident? What you describe sounds rather like reversed control outputs from the AP. Unfortunately, that's almost a guaranteed crash.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2019, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Believe it or not there are cheaper gliders that don't have servos sticking out into the airflow. Volantex's own ASW 28 (around $100), for example.
Then go on there and post you dribble, you don't have a valid point anyway.
I would love for you to prove those servos cause a measurable drag
May 04, 2019, 02:42 AM

Protuding servos

Gentlemen, gentlemen, let's keep it clean.

For a bit of casual, non competitive gliding I have volantex gliders with protruding servos and some that don't.
They both give me lots of fun.
If I was trying to be competitive, I suppose i would be trying to streamline everything.

Let's not spoil this thread, have fun.

Go With the Flow
Bruce
May 04, 2019, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack1
Thats a bummer. Why the sparrow rx?
First of all the Sparrow is not rx, it’s a flight controller and it can take over the plane. In my case the plane went down immediately I switched to auto-level mode. Also, and this is wierd, I lost control completely at the same time. It was not a signal loss cos the plane was near by.
Last edited by robertbulko; May 07, 2019 at 07:08 AM.
May 04, 2019, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky
Sorry to hear about the crash.

Have you been able to check the operation of the autopilot since the accident? What you describe sounds rather like reversed control outputs from the AP. Unfortunately, that's almost a guaranteed crash.
Yes, I disassembled the plane at home and then tried all electronics if they work. Basically, I connected everything like it was in the plane. All servos, motor, rx, esc are OK but the Sparrow behaves different in RTH mode. Before when I switched to RTH on the ground (with no GPS) aileron was oscilating but this time no moving at all. Something must have happened.
May 04, 2019, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbulko View Post
First of all the Sparrow is not rx, it’s a flight controller and it can take over the plane. In my case the plane went down immediately, I switched to auto-level mode. Also and that is wierd, I lost control completely at the same time. It was not a signal loss cos the plane was near by
Why you putting that in a Gilder? What radio?
May 05, 2019, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack1
Why you putting that in a Gilder? What radio?
not relevant
May 05, 2019, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbulko
not relevant
Ok cool Ill just ignore you now.
May 16, 2019, 04:31 PM
I just got mine today.
I will cover the wire slots and servo bays with 2.5 mil lam film.
And set up with no motor for only sloping.hoping for some weight savings but doubting it.
May 22, 2019, 07:11 PM
Hot glue will fix anything!
Just ordered one of these, its going to get a heavy load out with full FC and all the trimmings along with a very sizable battery capacity, its heading for high altitude/ long distance fpv and never going to be used as a glider
May 23, 2019, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uksteve
Just ordered one of these, its going to get a heavy load out with full FC and all the trimmings along with a very sizable battery capacity, its heading for high altitude/ long distance fpv and never going to be used as a glider
You mean below 400' and within line of sight of course

Out of interest, why did you pick the Phoenix instead of the Ranger (which is designed for FPV and big packs)?
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 23, 2019, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
You mean below 400' and within line of sight of course

Out of interest, why did you pick the Phoenix instead of the Ranger (which is designed for FPV and big packs)?
Yep would like to know too?
May 23, 2019, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeg
I just got mine today.
I will cover the wire slots and servo bays with 2.5 mil lam film.
And set up with no motor for only sloping.hoping for some weight savings but doubting it.
Too bad no one makes a nose cone battery
May 23, 2019, 06:22 PM
LOOK UP
Volantex Phoenix V2 / 2400 Glider (7 min 24 sec)

fly's great so far
May 24, 2019, 07:56 AM

Pointless video

Congratulations on the maiden, cbfsoar15, BUT most of the time there was nothing to see. What was the point of the video???
Go With the Flow
Bruce

Quick Reply